Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 07 Aug 2007, 11:51 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Default He Did It!!!!

I am sitting here with goose bumps ...

CONGRATS BARRY BONDS!!! #756!
Unread 07 Aug 2007, 11:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Yeah I had em too. I was almost in tears seeing the message from Hank. That was a shock and truly remarkable.
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

Whooptie freakin' do. I wonder what baseball will do when he's proven guilty of 'roid use.

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:09 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

thank god maybe now they will take the freaking camera of the cheat and start covering baseball again.

for all balco's done for the game,

's still the man

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:15 AM
7th Round Draft Pick

Thank God it's over !!!
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:22 AM
All Pro

Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:34 AM
GO STEELERS!

Unread 08 Aug 2007, 12:44 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingoff View Post
I am sitting here with goose bumps ...

you know, i was sitting here thinking about this post and realized, i felt the same way watching rickey henderson break brock's record and watching ripken break gehrig's but it dawned on me today that i had no anticipation or excitement what-so-ever in watching this.

i thought the short ceremony was excessive, and that stopping play was more an inconvience than recognition.

apparently his cheating affected me even more than i thought. what should have been an exciting moment in sports (for me at least) was nothing more than the culmination of an extended media campaign.

i hope that won't be the case when AROD breaks his mark.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:14 AM
Free Agent

Amen cheaters shouldn't be celebrated
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:24 AM

If (and I know there isn't even the remotest possibility) Bonds had any class, he'd have shared his moment with the fans like Ripken did. He didn't, of course since it has always been ONLY about him.

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:26 AM

I wonder if doing it in a loss will take any of the sparkle off of it for him?

Who the heck am I kidding - Bonds, a team player? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

- Wilbur Wright
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:28 AM
All Pro

You know. I am a true A's fan. But with the fact that Barroid just took one of the class acts in MLB's records away. It kinda forces me into being a SLIGHT YANKMEE fan. As far as it might be. AROD you da man. GO GET EM KID.
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:33 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
i felt the same way watching rickey henderson break brock's record and watching ripken break gehrig's

Those records didn't really do much for me, personally. I thought it was neat for each of them, but it wasn't really anything special, especially Cal's. But this one, in the day of excessive media coverage, was made to feel special. ESPN has done a remarkable job of covering this and it has been fun watching the Giants play over the past week or so.

To anyone that is bored with the whole ordeal because of the media coverage, you would have felt the same way when Aaron broke the record if there was the same sort of media then. Not many of us can rightful say one way or another about what we thought of Aaron's HR since a vast majority of JSers weren't even born yet. And with the vast majority of JSers being white, and racism still being a major issue at the time, there would have been more than a few of us that didn't want him to pass by the Babe at that time, as well!

Everything that was done to celebrate this accomplishment was almost perfect. Having Mays there, having a message from Aaron to pass the torch, having a gracious pitcher (Mike Bacsik) having him get the chance to address the fans, and having his family there to receive him were all great! I would have liked to see the Giants have a plaque or some sort of award to present to him.

One other thing about ESPN - if you see the story they have about the guys that he has hit HRs off of, you will get a chuckle. It names off the last names of guys grouped together with commonalities in names. It was pretty cool.

Again, CONGRATS Barry!
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
To anyone that is bored with the whole ordeal because of the media coverage,
You might want to reread the threads. Most of us who were bored were so because of the cheating that went into getting him where he is NOT because of the media coverage.
Quote:
Those records didn't really do much for me, personally. I thought it was neat for each of them, but it wasn't really anything special, especially Cal's.
Are you kidding? You must be a youngster

- Wilbur Wright
Unread 08 Aug 2007, 01:45 AM
All Pro

Quote:
I would have liked to see the Giants have a plaque or some sort of award to present to him.

How about a big bottle of roids?

I would love to see a poll of youngsters and how they feel about Barry. In my neck of the woods the little leaguers refer to him as "the cheat".