Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 21 Apr 2008, 10:49 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
Kobe 7-22 shooting and Gasol 13-19 with 34 pts 13 reb. They improved with him. He is their MVP and should get more credit for this teams turn around. Fans in LA classy enough to chant DUI??? Sad!

Should Denver fans chant RAPIST ! ! !
Troy, I understand your point buddy, but most of Gasol's points come off of easy dunks in the lane. It goes without mentioning that Kobe commands the double (and sometimes triple) team. Kobe has been on the team the entire season, and has kept them at the top of the conference. He deserves the MVP.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 12:58 AM
All Pro

CP3 deserves the award hands down people. The only guy to avg over 20 pts and over 10 assists all year. Not to mention for prolly the last 5 or more. You take that guy off the team and they would be in the cellar. One of the most unselfish players in the game.

You can talk about Kobe all you want. Kobe is a great player but is he the best??? Want to go by stat lines and averages. Compare Kobe to Lebron. Who is better??? The Lakers without Kobe would of finished with a better record then NOH if CP3 wasnt there. But that is here say. You will never know. But the surrounding core on the Lakers is better then NOH.

KG just has to much of a surrounding core around him to get it. Granted they won over 60 games. Anything is possible.

Howard ??? is in this discussion??? In the East. Without the best record. Not happening. I would think Turkoglu would be a better choice.

Ginobli?? I guess. lol
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 02:15 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
CP3 deserves the award hands down people. The only guy to avg over 20 pts and over 10 assists all year. Not to mention for prolly the last 5 or more. You take that guy off the team and they would be in the cellar. One of the most unselfish players in the game.

You can talk about Kobe all you want. Kobe is a great player but is he the best??? Want to go by stat lines and averages. Compare Kobe to Lebron. Who is better??? The Lakers without Kobe would of finished with a better record then NOH if CP3 wasnt there. But that is here say. You will never know. But the surrounding core on the Lakers is better then NOH.

KG just has to much of a surrounding core around him to get it. Granted they won over 60 games. Anything is possible.

Howard ??? is in this discussion??? In the East. Without the best record. Not happening. I would think Turkoglu would be a better choice.

Ginobli?? I guess. lol
I don't have the exact number, but I know a lot of the voters said they were leaning towards Paul, but when the Lakers beat the Hornets, and took the top seed, it's possible they're all going to switch.

Another question, what if Kobe had gotten the surgery on his pinkie? I think they might have missed the playoffs altogether. I'll admit, I'm a Lakers fan, but this is Kobe's MVP award.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 06:17 AM
Coach

Relic don't be an idiot. I am far from rapist. I mean Racist lol. I guess I don't read what I type sometimes.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 06:23 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Troy- stop the namecalling, please....no need, no purpose
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 06:25 AM
Coach

Yeah I guess ibzilly echoes my thoughts exactly. To me Kobe is compared to LeBron and that is because they are both stat monsters who blow into the lane and get Jordanesque calls. Most of Pao's points off dunks? Kobe has dunks and FTs galore. Honestly if you look at LeBron's #'s he is much better than Kobe. Too much stock is put into who has the #1 seed. Should be which team has the most improvement from the year prior. Also which player contributes to his team and the league. To me CP3 is exactly what you look for in a model NBA player.

On stats it's LeBron.
Popularity Yao would get it. Consistant play I guess Nash.
All around best player and MVP? Paul hands down.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 06:25 AM
JSAdmin

I find it ridiculous that during the playoffs where LA is the top seed, during a time when Kobe is a top MVP candidate, ESPN finds it necessary to make a point of saying 'Kobe pleased with Lakers' progress, says he wants to stay put'. Geez, guys...ya think?
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 06:27 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Troy- stop the namecalling, please....no need, no purpose
Umm are you serious Orren? He called me a racist and u said NADA! I am no racist and it is very unsettling to hear that. I guess I could have said it different. My African-AMerican friend refers to her as "That White Woman" so I guess I had it stuck in my head. No need for him to go on his self-sustained wanna-be smart conquest.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 07:34 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:

Substitute Al Jefferson for KG on the Celtica and how many games do they win?
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 09:32 AM
alive

ha ha, catch that O? Nancy slaps me, followed by your caution, then a second opp for a slap.. ha ha.

Nancy, the use of the word "white" was racist.. you and your imaginary afro american friend are both racists. I mean, let's take a tally of your friends:
- kicked out by your wife;
- kicked out by your best buddy cousin;
- kicked out of your "partnership" business by your cousin;
- kicked out of here by O... twice.

Come on, everybody, let's sing:
(to the tune of Marilyn Monroe's Santa baby)

Nancy, baby
You really are a rac-ist

Nancy, baby
Tell us who's your rap-ist?

Nancy, baby
Imaginary friends on your mi--ind.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 09:37 AM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Umm are you serious Orren? He called me a racist and u said NADA! I am no racist and it is very unsettling to hear that. I guess I could have said it different. My African-AMerican friend refers to her as "That White Woman" so I guess I had it stuck in my head. No need for him to go on his self-sustained wanna-be smart conquest.
you remind me of the Family Circus cartoons that always had the kids saying 'not me'....

For the record, I didn't happen to see his comment...I saw yours. That has ZERO bearing on what words YOU chose. But you're the one that chose to specify 'white woman' before...and now you're reasoning is that your friend 'refers' to 'her' that way...like you have a regular conversation about a 2 year old rape case?

You simply can't see that noone here suffers from verbal diarhhea nearly as often as you do, so you try to deflect it elsewhere. You know the old saying- when you point a finger at someone there are 3 more pointed back at you.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 10:15 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Relic don't be an idiot. I am far from rapist. I mean Racist lol. I guess I don't read what I type sometimes.
Oh boy Troy.....

"I guess I don't read what I type sometimes" - Well obviously you did because you corrected yourself. So why keep the "rapist" part in? Both rapist and racist are two things that shouldn't be laughed at, I don't care who you are.

Unread 22 Apr 2008, 10:25 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

and Relic's first portion of his post was funny, the second part with the song, not really that funny. In fact I'd would maybe go as far to say it's probably offending more people than making them laugh.

I'm sorry O, but the community here is going down the ----ter. There used to be more good sports banter going on and now its just polluted with crap. Like you said, verbal diarrhea. I am not one to point fingers, but you know as well as I do that the discussions on here were a lot more fun to be apart of pre-Troy coming back for good. Instead of drama every time I come to the boards, it was good competitive discussions about sports. I miss rich, islandgirl, oldstewball, LoD, and more. They were the reason it was fun to come here and play. Play the game, have some good discussions, etc. But now, I have no ambition to stay here for more than 10 minutes, makes some buys, see the latest Troy drama and then leave. I know that if I were any potential investor I would read this crap and say, no way in hell am I going to invest in this drama.

The problem at this point is, even if something is done to relieve the situation, it is probably too late.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 10:32 AM
All Pro

Substitute Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett?

Well considering Jefferson Avg 21pts a game and 11 reb with 1.5 blks I dont think they would of done that bad!!! Jefferson is a beast in the middle.

Troy. You and I do feel the same way about CP3 winning the MVP. But I will tell you this. You think differently then I do about one thing. Kobe and Lebron dont jack up shots to be ball hogs. They do it cause they are that damn good. There teammates know it. And thats why they get the ball so much. There the go to guy.
You cant tell me the greatest player of all time doesnt fit in this catagory. Jordan scoring over 60pts numerous times. I wouldnt call him a stat monster. He did what it took to get his team to win. Just like Kobe and Lebron are doing. Kobe and Lebron could average over 10 assists a game if they needed to. But thats not there posistion.
Unread 22 Apr 2008, 10:36 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Substitute Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett?

Well considering Jefferson Avg 21pts a game and 11 reb with 1.5 blks I dont think they would of done that bad!!! Jefferson is a beast in the middle.
just to be fair, SOMEONE has to get the stats on the T-Wolves. I dont think he would be getting that on the celts.