Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Fantasy Sports Talk
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Sports Talk Join or stay updated with the JFCL or find other leagues to get involved with

Unread 16 Jun 2009, 09:19 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to jpf25
Default NBA Sim League

If anyone is interested, I am in an NBA Sim League over at http://www.nbaboards.net/ and it is really a different kind of fantasy NBA game.

We started the current sim from the beginning of the 08-09 season and right now we are about to start the playoffs and go right to the draft.

Here's some FAQ's about it......if anyone is interested, let me know via pm or email at jpf25@yahoo.com.

What is a sim league?

A Sim League is pretty much a copy of the NBA, it has some of the same rules as far as salary cap and a few other things. Just like the NBA this league requires balance and a good mix of players. You can also chose which way you want your team to go, whether its for the present or future.

What does the salary cap do and does it effect transitions

The Salary Cap is a way to keep a balance. If your team is to good it will show in your cap. Also it does effect who you bring in both through trades and free agency. If your over the cap the two teams that are trading must be trading with in 10% of each other. For free agency you can only sign players for MLE and LLE during the offseason, and vet minimum for in season.

I have to pay the luxary tax fine when is the dead line?

I will post the luxary tax fines before resigning players. Form there you have until the season starts to pay it off. If you fail to do so you won't get any claims that year. If you go to far over the cap your best player will be put on IR until you get back under.

I don't want to be in the luxary tax or be over the hard cap. How can I get under?

Waivers is a great way to get back under the cap. If you are in the luxary tax/hard cap area, there is a good chance that there is a player with a huge contract that you don't want. All you have to do is put a price on that player (picks and cash only, no players) wait for 24 hours and maybe someone will claim the player. If not that player will be cut and will count for your cap. Still you want to get some money so why not risk it?

How do you make money to train players?

If you do your claims you will get money. You can make a good amount of money with awards stats etc. I would say the average amount of money a team a year is 2.5k. Also you can only train players in the offseason but you can scout at anytime during the season.

How are games played here?

They are simmed and it is all based on your team stats. If you have a team full of players with A+ in defense, your team is going limit teams by alot. It's a stats game and if your player can't post stats good luck.

How many games are simmed overall?

15 games every other day are simmed. I might speed up the sim around The trade deadline though just so people don't get bored. This number could also change if I feel we are going to fast. I have to make this at perfect speed, not to fast to finish up a season to fast, and not to slow to get people bored of the league.

Are all the stats on my roster true?
For the most part yes, the only thing that isn't is potential. Potential can be scouted by getting it in the spending thread. But only for incoming rookies. It does help with who you want in the up coming draft

As of 6/16, here are the open teams:

Golden State Warriors:
Houston Rockets:
Indiana Pacers:
LA Lakers:
Milwaukee Bucks:
Minnesota Timberwolves:
New Jersey Nets:
New Orleans Hornets:
San Antonio Spurs:

If interested, go to

http://www.nbaboards.net/

register for the boards and go to

http://www.nbaboards.net/index.php?showtopic=14496

and post your team who you want in this format:

Username:
Team wanted:
Three other teams you would like to have:
Are you in any sim leagues? If so post them here:
Will you recruit?:

The group of guys in the sim are good guys who know what they are doing, so if this sounds like fun, just go to nbaboards.net and sign up!

Unread 16 Jun 2009, 09:20 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to jpf25

oh, yeah, and it's free!!