Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 03 Nov 2008, 11:52 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default Happy Election Day

Folks all politics aside (and this is not an attempt to drag the political discussion out of the appropriate forum), I know this goes without saying, but make sure if you haven't already voted you get out to the polls tomorrow.

It doesn't matter who you opt to vote for (although if you need advice I'm more than happy to offer it.... ) but seriously if it's at all possible make the effort to just get out there and cast your ballots.

And remember you have no right to complain if you can't be bothered to vote!!!

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 12:15 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
Folks all politics aside (and this is not an attempt to drag the political discussion out of the appropriate forum), I know this goes without saying, but make sure if you haven't already voted you get out to the polls tomorrow.

It doesn't matter who you opt to vote for (although if you need advice I'm more than happy to offer it.... ) but seriously if it's at all possible make the effort to just get out there and cast your ballots.

And remember you have no right to complain if you can't be bothered to vote!!!
I didn't ask for your advice but you made your opinion clear with your trailer....and, as you said, wrong forum.

"Folks all politics aside" my ---. Hopefully most folks around here are smart enough to look past your pitiful smoke screen. And I emphasize "PITIFUL". You should be ashamed of yourself to have sunk to this level.
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 05:34 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

well, it is the same sig he's had for awhile...not changed specifically for this post or anything

I'll admit not being as knowledgeable or involved in politics as maybe I should. In my case I just happen to not believe the 2 party system currently in place is nearly as productive as it once was. I'm a Republican, always have been....but unlike my father, who tended to strictly vote the party line, I don't always agree with the direction they're going and I know the better candidate is not always from my registered party.

But it also bothers me when people infer that whatever happens during a president's time in office should be credited, good or bad, to that president and his party. Both parties are fully represented in Washington at all times...both parties have to accept responsibility for problems created at all times. That's not to say the party 'in power' doesn't bear a bit more.

Sports fans tend to define themselves, whether they realize it or not, by the teams they follow and how good those teams are doing. If you told me your mood wasn't at least slightly better or worse on Monday depending on whether your football team won or lost I'll tell you you're not admitting the truth. There are similarities with politics. Tell me your perception of someone hasn't changed the very moment they tell you their party affiliation is opposite of yours.

Anyway, election day is important.....today's more important than most simply because of the economical situation we're all in. Regardless of who wins, both big and small elections, turning this thing around won't be easy. Vote your heart, vote your conscience, don't let yourself vote strictly by party and don't let your vote be swayed just because you don't think the person you're voting for can win.......and definitely don't think your vote doesn't count. It does.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 11:25 AM
5th Round Draft Pick

I voted today!

(Had to cancel out Hork's!)

lol...
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 11:32 AM
Live Hard, Ride Harder

Voted!
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 11:47 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

I voted today, did you?

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 12:40 PM
Lost in the Woods(again)

I voted too. Unfortunately, can't vote multiple times like some websites.
Unread 04 Nov 2008, 11:41 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

I voted too !

He didn't win

May God have mercy on our Souls

Unread 05 Nov 2008, 09:21 AM
1st Round Draft Pick