Home
Portfolio
Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > NEW MEMBERS START HERE > Welcome New Members! > Introduce yourself here
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Introduce yourself here Tell us a bit about yourself ;)

Unread 23 Apr 2011, 02:42 PM
Prospect

Default Another former WSS player in the house

Hey all,

I was looking up Wall Street Sports in Wikipedia the other day and found Jockstocks. It's so nice to see a game like this again. I spent hours and hours on WSS back in the day and expect that could happen here too.

Looking forward to hanging out...
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 02:47 PM
Prospect

Oh, and I guess I didn't really introduce myself. My name is Rich. I've been playing fantasy sports and simulations since the late 80s. And probably play around 15-20 different games throughout the year. I actually wrote for a fantasy baseball site for a time ... and my actual job is a sports editor/writer. Not to mention I have an Ebay side business ... selling sports cards!

So yeah, when I say sports is my life, I'm not really exaggerating.
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
Oh, and I guess I didn't really introduce myself. My name is Rich. I've been playing fantasy sports and simulations since the late 80s. And probably play around 15-20 different games throughout the year. I actually wrote for a fantasy baseball site for a time ... and my actual job is a sports editor/writer. Not to mention I have an Ebay side business ... selling sports cards!

So yeah, when I say sports is my life, I'm not really exaggerating.
Welcome! We have a ton of former WSS players. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, or you can check out the Oasis, too.

Nick
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 04:19 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

would we have known you by this username in WSS days?

you may/may not remember mine....I started the Oasis back there and brought it here.....tho I'd point you to the tour (linked in the forum news area) first.......some things are the same, but we have things here we never had at WSS.....like autosell so you don't even have to BE here in the morning...

and if you're a writer, we may have to talk later since Nick and I plan some expansions here soon, if things go right....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 04:44 PM
Prospect

I do remember you from the old game, and I remember the Oasis. I missed it while looking around at first, so thanks to both you and Nick for pointing it out.

I don't think I was warpig at WSS. That user name is a little newer compared to my older, more boring user names, which were usually rski70 or something like that.

I like what I see here and look forward to getting into the different competitions. And feel free to contact me about site expansions and a need for a writer.
Unread 23 Apr 2011, 05:42 PM
JSAdmin

one thing to remember here, as opposed to WSS, is.....you never need to start new accounts just to play in competitions...

you always have your total value portfolio....which you can just keep building.....but you'll note on your port page that you have several other portfolios built into your account....a monthly that resets every month, your monthly this month rolls into being your quarterly next month, the last quarterly rolled into being a yearly this month...plus currently there are 3 sport specific ports for MLB, PGA, and NASCAR along with an NFL port in season.....you can only buy stocks in those sports in those ports...those comps are in half seasons (full for NFL)

....'free money' for voting on the voting sites (which is also how you get an autosell ticket) can't go into sport specific ports at this time...

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 24 May 2011, 06:27 PM
JSAdmin

just noticed you're 2nd in monthly this month- good job!