Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Fantasy Sports Talk > JFCL
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JFCL For JFCL chat specifically

Unread 31 Oct 2009, 01:46 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

ken (and others)...

here's the note i posted in our division to try to alert other managers....

can you think anything else i should mention ?

ATTENTION ALL MANAGERS !!!

as was mentioned on the J$ forum and in my last message here , Bill set his league draft to ready a couple days before Ken and myself , so to keep the playing field level , we decided to utilize the retroactive scoring tool....

some may say that the 82-games-per-position cap means things would still be even , but i tend to disagree ....

consider the following :
lebron is among the highest fantasy-points-per-game players in the league....he had already played 2 games before our draft went off.....whoever has him in bill's division gets up to 82 uses of lebron ....whoever has him here get a max of 80 lebron uses and has to subsidize that with two game by players VERY likely to produce fewer point....advantage to the player in bill's division....

so...without further ado , here's how the retro-tool works :

Instructions:
Choose a date on this page if you would like all managers in your league to receive retroactive stats dating back to the start of the season on Tuesday, Oct 27. The date you select from the drop down box will be the date the update will be processed.

The date ken (hork) chose is tuesday the 3rd

Now comes the big part.....

If you do choose to use this feature all previously accumulated stats will be cleared. Please make sure all of your managers have their desired retroactive stat lineup set by 11:59pm PT on the day before your selected date.

this does mean we may still miss a good game or two sine it essentially means no daily lineup changes from tuesday the 27th through tuesday the 3rd.....consider your week-long line-ups carefully....

demon out

Unread 07 Nov 2009, 10:05 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

...being a dummy (JFCL 3 (ID# 99222)), and actively confident in the competitive JFCL NBA Division 1, it is a dis-appointment to see the Hicksville Hoopsters as the only team to have pre-ranked...he should win by the proverbial 'country mile'!...and well ahead of anyone... in any league.\

So...to set a pecedent for next year....I move that:
IF a dummy is used, then pre-ranking should be permitted and mandatory.

I also should think that a motion like the above (as with any other) can only be carried out with a JCFL poll (of pre-determined length) and a majority total.

*I think settings should change next year to h/h...and more stat cats...equals = more fun (we haven't even tried it...but I am certain!!)....more parity
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)