Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 29 Feb 2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
He has the potential to be great but for now he is overhyped by the NBA like the WNBA. They shove both of them down our throat. Always looking for the next MJ. There will never be another M.J. Not even the rapist Kobe is that good. BTW I think it was consensual but being a Laker-Hater it is fun to say. He is a definite Cheater though!
LMAO...7 sentences and 3 of your classic idiotic "opinions". I'll only address one though..the other two are so typically you and in bad taste they speak for themselves....

Lebron is not overhyped. In addition to Ken's post naming him #2 by MSNBC Sports & NBA rankings, he has become the type of player that can carry a team on his back (as his performance tonight proves yet again).

Now, I know you hate it when noone agrees with you, but your quoted post above should make it clearer as to why that is.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
He has the potential to be great but for now he is overhyped by the NBA like the WNBA. They shove both of them down our throat. Always looking for the next MJ. There will never be another M.J. Not even the rapist Kobe is that good. BTW I think it was consensual but being a Laker-Hater it is fun to say. He is a definite Cheater though!
One of these days Troy... One of these days....

I hate LeBron... HATE HATE HATE. But I still know he is a great player.. and good for the NBA.

He will be the next best thing... Just like Mike.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 01:04 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
One of these days Troy... One of these days....

I hate LeBron... HATE HATE HATE. But I still know he is a great player.. and good for the NBA.

He will be the next best thing... Just like Mike.
i have to admit i was one of those folks calling the media and the "experts" all kinds of names when Lebron came out. They kept telling us how he was the next great thing and how he would be such a huge start. I felt that all the accolades were unwarranted for any high school kid with no experience at the collegiate level. but i have to admit he proved me wrong.

the kid is a stud and beyond doubt one of the top five players in the league now with no where to go but up. barring a disastrous injury he'll meet and break a ton of records including many held by jordan.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 03:21 AM
Coach

For sure LeBron is the best on his team. Also a top 30 player overall. Maybe even top 20. Problem is all the savior or King talk or even MJ.

He is not yet in the same class as M.J., Bird, Magic, Kobe, Duncan or the worst guy on the top 50 of all-time. Right now he is a solid streetball player with upside. Until he develops a shot of some kind he is no Nash, Kidd or even CP3 at this point. His passes are exaggerated with his silly wanna be no looks. Certain players get insane amount of touches. Yao, Bosh, LeBron, Kobe and Duncan. That list of active players means what? Shaq and Wade are on it. LOL This is all stat based. When a player gets 50 touches a night his stats will not reflect his worth.

Rich once again you chase forums to crap on others opinions. When u rant on stuff we all see on Sportscenter noone craps on u. Why must u only reply with negative crap. Once again u try and group yourself with others and me by myself. Must get some perverse pleasure out of it.

Sorry I said West. Yes I think Boozer is better. I had Okur, AK47, and Kidd on worthy but not better. Member I had Yao ranked at 30. So the 29 ahead actually 24-27 as being better. Top 25 are definitely better. No offense to Yao. Being a top 30 player is nada to sneeze at. Just think him always being #1 vote getter is absurd. Can anyone seriously put him in the top 10, 15, or even 20? #2 on his team LOL.

BTW Houston won by 20 tonight with no Yaouch.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 03:46 AM
Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_13rBG_U5U

This video makes me crack up of Yao. ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

This one is incredible and shows how fragile and soft he is. ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw24MqqXgAs

Also funny.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 03:53 AM
Coach

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli...2fstatistic s

This is a better list of player power rankings. Also look that LeBron gets to play almost the entire game on avg. 40.5 mins a game. Nash and Amare avg 7 mins less. I guess some will have him ranked higher than I do. Still a top 20 but to me I would select 10 others 1st overall if we had a GM draft.

Quick you are building a team. Who do you pick #1? May sound sick but I wouldn't pick Nash top 10. Yet he is my top 5 favorite players.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 06:12 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

that 'better' ranking has Carl Landry at #12.........quick, who the heck is Carl Landry and how is he 8 spots ABOVE Dwyane Wade?!
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 06:17 AM
Standout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
that 'better' ranking has Carl Landry at #12.........quick, who the heck is Carl Landry and how is he 8 spots ABOVE Dwyane Wade?!
that be him..
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 07:27 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
For sure LeBron is the best on his team. Also a top 30 player overall. Maybe even top 20. Problem is all the savior or King talk or even MJ.

He is not yet in the same class as M.J., Bird, Magic, Kobe, Duncan or the worst guy on the top 50 of all-time. Right now he is a solid streetball player with upside. Until he develops a shot of some kind he is no Nash, Kidd or even CP3 at this point. His passes are exaggerated with his silly wanna be no looks. Certain players get insane amount of touches. Yao, Bosh, LeBron, Kobe and Duncan. That list of active players means what? Shaq and Wade are on it. LOL This is all stat based. When a player gets 50 touches a night his stats will not reflect his worth.

Rich once again you chase forums to crap on others opinions. When u rant on stuff we all see on Sportscenter noone craps on u. Why must u only reply with negative crap. Once again u try and group yourself with others and me by myself. Must get some perverse pleasure out of it.

Sorry I said West. Yes I think Boozer is better. I had Okur, AK47, and Kidd on worthy but not better. Member I had Yao ranked at 30. So the 29 ahead actually 24-27 as being better. Top 25 are definitely better. No offense to Yao. Being a top 30 player is nada to sneeze at. Just think him always being #1 vote getter is absurd. Can anyone seriously put him in the top 10, 15, or even 20? #2 on his team LOL.

BTW Houston won by 20 tonight with no Yaouch.
Troy - Put the crack pipe down....

30 pts, 8 rbs, 7 asts... Thats a per game average!

He scores more per game then your best player in the league (Kobe)

He is like 7th in the league in Assists. And has the best scoring avg. By a long shot.

He is like in the top 30 for boards per game. And again, no one is close to him in pts per game - in the rebound area. Everyone is Mid to Low 20s', while he is at 30.

So, I really don't know where your coming from.... Saying he is just top 20/30.

IMO, he top 5.

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kobe Bryant
3) LeBron James
4) Kevin Garnett
5) Dirk Nowitzki

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 10:40 AM
All Pro

Nick. Dont forget how old he is. 23 freaking years old. Kobe is just starting in his prime. According to ESPN. And why??? Cause he is PASSING the ball. Lebron's numbers at the end of his career are gonna be outstanding barring anything happening to him.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 10:57 AM
Coach

If LeBron were on a decent team, he'd just be another player. He shoots so-so from the outside but makes a lot of layups and dunks. Don't get me wrong he is good just not the NBA's savior...Yet? He can get better. Develop a shot and play a bit better in less minutes. Of course his numbers are up there. He has the ball every possession and is their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and emergency option. Who else do they have. They went and got Ben Wallace so now they have another player not looking to shoot. This is why they will never win a ring in Cleveland. LeBron will be a free agent in a few years and then go to a contender and his numbers will go down. More likely to be a poor man's Magic but no Jordan.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 12:30 PM
Coach

Cant a guy have an opinion without being called names like crack head?
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 12:36 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
Nick. Dont forget how old he is. 23 freaking years old. Kobe is just starting in his prime. According to ESPN. And why??? Cause he is PASSING the ball. Lebron's numbers at the end of his career are gonna be outstanding barring anything happening to him.
I don't understand the Kobe comment. LeBron will never be as good as 24 formally known as 8. Kobe is phenominal on the court, of it a different story. This kid has been good for a long time and has that frame, jumper, defense, EVERYTHING. No holes in Kobe's game. As much as I hate the Lakers he is the best in the game. LeBron is built like a football player. He attacks the rim and already has his own set of rules. NBA treats him like royalty. How many FTs has he missed in big games? How many times is he criticized for passing the ball in the final seconds. So after failing a handfull of times he takes the ball crashing in and gets a phantom foul or obvious charge. Just sick how he is cared for. He cannot live up to the hype. He is not a jedi yet. Not the one.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 02:12 PM
All Pro

Wait. I am sorry. Your trying to tell me Kobe was like this when he was 23??? WRONG ANSWER Troy. He was trying to get rid of SHAQ so he could shoot the ball 35 times in a game. He wasnt looking to pass the ball. Or get his teammates involved in the game. He was a selfish --- player. He opened his mouth back in the day saying he wanted to see if he could win a championship without a center like MJ could. AND HE COULDNT. Now that he has a center he is getting his other teammates involved. Thats why his ASSISTS are up.

Compare Kobes numbers to Lebrons on this day. Whos numbers are better??? Keep in mind Kobe has a better team then Lebron and Lebron is only 23. I dont care how you slice it Troy. Anyone who can put up those offensive numbers and dish out a avg of 7 assists in a game. IS REALLLYYYY MATURE for his age. And when he gets to be the AGE of KOBE. Kobe will be a after thought. A whisper in the wind.

By the way Troy. You really think Big Ben is gonna want to shoot the ball??? When was the last time that happened? They didnt bring him to the team to shoot. Sheesh. You must have Big Ben mixed up with someone else.

He cant live up to the HYPE??? I cant believe your even saying that. Your telling me his numbers dont impress you at the age of 23. Not only has he lived up to the hype. Who was in the finals last year??? I cant wait to see what this kid is gonna do in 3 years.
Unread 01 Mar 2008, 03:16 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
I cant wait to see what this kid is gonna do in 3 years.

Probably sign somewhere else.