Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

View Poll Results: woud you pay for certain features?and how much per month?or year?
yes 26 50.00%
no 20 38.46%
$5.00 a month 17 32.69%
$10.00 a month 4 7.69%
$49.99 a year 11 21.15%
$99.99 a year 4 7.69%
$500.00 lifetime 1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03 Sep 2007, 06:03 PM
Standout

Default paid subscrptions?

would you be willing to pay for certain features that could be added and that is already here as in market 2 and others?

you can choose more than 1 choice!!

Unread 03 Sep 2007, 07:07 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

While Kev's numbers aren't necessarily MY numbers, I've stickied this thread as a straw poll to see what you guys say....

I've talked about something like $3/mo $30/yr for a base level of premium features....but there could potentially be more than one group of features and/or more than one premium level.........plus pay as you go extras as well (i.e. pay to play comps, etc)
Unread 03 Sep 2007, 08:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22

You can vote for more than one answer everyone

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 03 Sep 2007, 10:14 PM
Pro Shop Owner

Guess I better make all my buys soon
Unread 03 Sep 2007, 11:33 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

...voted only 49.99/yr!

Since minimum purchase on the internet, in general, is $5.00...perhaps that should be the minimum charge to receive dividends PER sport, PER year!
TV holders should have to pay to hold their position at this point...quarterlies and yearlies should be a perk!

Active players could overcome major defecits to catch those on "coast"

Monthlies and pick-em should be left 'free' to attract and addict more players (prizes accordingly)

Another thing I have been meaning to mention is that when active stocks in the real world have an 'embarassing incident' (sooooo many examples....just use google), the stock generally falls due to lack of confidence...or whatever...what I suggest is to have NEGAdivies...accordingly!
ie:vicmi, artro, bonba, etc...If they reflect negatively in the press (or grapevine or whatever)...so should their divi as soon as discovered (this can/should be at admin's discretion at any time...if you are sharp, one should see it coming... or take the hit!) (yet ANOTHER way Active players can maybe gain on the fortunate ones).
This can only enhance the game by making it more interesting (more to do...OTHER than monthly/monthly sans cow...for tv'ers and the like!) especially for this guy...looong time chasing...not much catching up!

Finally, please excuse the casual formatting of my post...I do not type well and therefore hate having to express myself this way...but thought this was an excellent premise to start!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 03 Sep 2007, 11:50 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepconn View Post
would you be willing to pay for certain features that could be added and that is already here as in market 2 and others?

you can choose more than 1 choice!!
Ummm... no, No I would not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
While Kev's numbers aren't necessarily MY numbers, I've stickied this thread as a straw poll to see what you guys say....

I've talked about something like $3/mo $30/yr for a base level of premium features....but there could potentially be more than one group of features and/or more than one premium level.........plus pay as you go extras as well (i.e. pay to play comps, etc)
Pay as you go would hopefully stop these comments though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk592 View Post
Troy - THIS IS A FREE FRIGGIN GAME. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW IT'S RUN, LEAVE, CREATE YOUR OWN, OR STFU. It's that simple!
Unread 03 Sep 2007, 11:53 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention a perk I thought could be purchased with some of the other excellent suggestions...:

-It has always bugged me that I cannot sort my TV better. ie:stocks that haven't split tab amongst sort in per sport, or stocks that HAVE split...in it's own tab (so to play minus divies with out the ruck), or inactive-stocks tab, or perhap's a 'hot-stocks' (on a roll tab), or 'prefferred buys' (low estimates) tab. I guess what I'm getting at... is being able to customize my portfolio page by sorting it into tabs BEYOND sports, as described above.

I also ask all to refer to the last paragraph of my previous post, as a dislaimer to this one too!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 04 Sep 2007, 09:18 AM
Antagonist.

What about being able to make Pickem picks a few days in advance.
Unread 04 Sep 2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
What about being able to make Pickem picks a few days in advance.
and being able to make a last minute changes PRE start of games when one finds out a pitcher has been scratched.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no

Unread 04 Sep 2007, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

All:

It'd also be great if I could have some of these ideas emailed to ideas@jockstocks.com . It helps me, as a programmer, keep better tabs of what people would like to see changed or added to Jockstocks.

Thanks,
Nick
Unread 05 Sep 2007, 09:24 PM
All Pro

okay people. for people who voted for 5 bucks a month you realize that is 60 bucks a year. and even more if you voted for 10 bucks a month. Why not just vote for $49 bucks a year. Save yourself some money.

MHO I dont care either way. I just donated $50 today. So you dont need to run this pole. Just need to have honest people that are generous enough to realize this game is free. And all the hard work deserves a TIP.

So. From me and all the People that Appreciate all the Hard work you guys do for us here. THANK YOU. Even if you dont hear it a lot. Still is appreciated.
Unread 05 Sep 2007, 11:10 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
okay people. for people who voted for 5 bucks a month you realize that is 60 bucks a year. and even more if you voted for 10 bucks a month. Why not just vote for $49 bucks a year. Save yourself some money.

MHO I dont care either way. I just donated $50 today. So you dont need to run this pole. Just need to have honest people that are generous enough to realize this game is free. And all the hard work deserves a TIP.

So. From me and all the People that Appreciate all the Hard work you guys do for us here. THANK YOU. Even if you dont hear it a lot. Still is appreciated.

Unread 29 Sep 2007, 04:09 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
I just donated $50 today. So you dont need to run this pole. Just need to have honest people that are generous enough to realize this game is free. And all the hard work deserves a TIP.