Home
Portfolio
Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > IPO Talk and Player Movement > MLB IPO Talk
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07 Jul 2008, 01:12 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Default Short list

SP's:
Joba Chamberlain NYY
Jonathan Sanchez SFG
Jesse Litsch TOR
Tim Redding WAS

Hitters:
John Bowker SF
Skip Schumaker STL
Akinori Iwamura TB
Elijah Dukes WAS

Some to consider the next round of MLB IPO's

Unread 07 Jul 2008, 01:52 AM
All Pro

psst Cody Ross.
Unread 19 Jul 2008, 01:06 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

ya know, I've thought a lot about the Twins pitchers re IPOs

It's obvious I blew it IPOing Bonser
Livan's was IPOd long before he became a Twin
Liriano will soon be back
Baker is already listed

Blackburn, Slowey, AND Perkins have all pitched, at least at times, well enough to get IPOd. Perkins, as well as he's pitched of late, stands a chance of being the odd man out when they bring the Cisco Kid back (unless they decide 2 lefties in the rotation is OK)....but he's 7-2!

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 19 Jul 2008, 04:58 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Liriano will soon be back

Someone has to give up a spot...and they are happy with the production of their starting pitchers...

Quote:
Greg Genske says his client is frustrated because he has pitched well in the minors for more than a month but remains stuck in Rochester. Genske says the delay has had an adverse effect on Liriano's service time, which determines when he is eligible for arbitration. Twins GM Bill Smith says he is pleased with Liriano's progress after missing last season with Tommy John surgery, but he also noted that the team's four young starting pitchers have performed well

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7504/news

Quote:
Jul 19 LHP Francisco Liriano's status will not be affected by his agent's accusations against the Twins, manager Ron Gardenhire said. "Francisco has been nothing but super. His agent has nothing to do with how we feel for Liriano." Greg Genske, Liriano's agent, on Thursday asked the Major League Players Association to investigate whether the Twins' decision to keep the left-hander in Rochester is motivated by a desire to keep Liriano ineligible for salary arbitration this winter, an accusation the Twins deny.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 19 Jul 2008, 09:44 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

just another reason why all agents should be gagged, hogtied, covered with honey and buried in an ant hill...

I don't think he was speaking for Francisco.....he's known for over a month that the Twins didn't expect to bring him up before the break unless they felt they had to due to injury.

the Twins have also toyed with the idea of going to a 6 man rotation since most of their starters are pitching more innings than they've ever pitched as a pro.....saving them some for the stretch run

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 20 Feb 2009, 12:10 AM
Head Coach

Matt Wieters Balt catcher a rookie to consider.