Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 27 Aug 2012, 07:40 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default 2 current events bothering me...for different reasons

Early today a 74 yr old man in Germany died after being struck in the throat by a javelin thrown by a 15 yr old yesterday. The young man is receiving counseling, but I've not read how this could possibly happen without the man (who was a judge, but I don't know if he was judging the javelin) knowing it was coming.

The other event bothering me is this: The head football coach at Minnesota State in Mankato, MN was arrested today. He had taken his cell phone in for repair, the tech saw what he deemed inappropriate video on the phone, called police...and the coach was arrested for possessing child ----ography. The problem? The video is a short clip taken of his own 3 young children. Both he and his wife were completely shocked when he was arrested because, as his wife said, 'it's just an innocent family memory of our children goofing off for the camera'

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 29 Aug 2012, 09:25 AM
All Pro

This first story is freakishly tragic. I don't know what to say.

The second story appears to be innocent...one would hope. But I can't blame the guy for turning the video over to the police as a precaution. These days, you just never know.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 30 Aug 2012, 08:23 AM
All Pro

1) Very tragic first story!!! But one does wonder how a judge did not see the javelin coming towards him, he was suppose to be judging the throw. edit: I just caught the part Orren were you said you did not know if he was judging javelin or not. EDIT 2 "The official, named locally as Dieter Strack, had gone to measure a throw but was hit by a javelin before it hit the ground, according to local media. "

2) Seems ike a very innocent thing gone bad for a moment. PronElsenrott I do see what you're saying about turning over the video as a precaution, my problem is that it should have never gotten to that point. I have a huge problem with private information being looked at by a CS/Tech rep when a phone, computer or whatever is brought in for service. I repair computers for a living and people trust me with computers, they trust that their private information is safe with me. I don't go snooping around their computers. I don't look at pics, videos, financial info etc.. and either should anyone else. I'm quite sure there is some very interesting stuff on many of these, That being said, if something was accidently seen by me that was alarming to me I would notify the police. In this case, I find hard to believe that a video on a phone was opened accidently, just seems too hard to do. IMO

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/