Home
Portfolio
Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > IPO Talk and Player Movement > NHL IPO Talk
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 18 Mar 2007, 06:14 PM
1st Round Draft Pick

burse was requested to be re-activated a while ago. hopefully, he'll come out this next round
Unread 20 Sep 2007, 11:53 AM
GM

The season is fast approaching now. The official start of the season starts two weeks from yesterday with four games on Wednesday October 3, 2007.

Canadiens @ Hurricanes
Ducks @ Red Wings
Senators @ Maple Leafs
Stars @ Avalanche

But the unofficial official start of the season does not start until Friday October 5, 2007.

Penguins @ Hurricanes

We have the top 100 scorers in the NHL already. We must have been paying attention to points and assists really closely last season.

I am wondering if there are any defensemen or goalies that we need before the start of the season?

I say defensemen because there may be a few that slip through the cracks because they sometimes don't have high point totals. I have no clue what type of goalie situations there are out there. I would think there are at least a few we should consider before the start of the season.

As for the goaltenders.

1. Nicklas Backstrom Minnesota He will be the starting goaltender. His backup is very young at least in terms of experience.
2. Mikael Teliqvist ??? Phoenix I know very little about him but he is listed as the #1 goalie over at sucksline fwiw. I think we can wait at least a little while until, unless someone has a compelling reason to list him right of the bat, this situation clears up a bit because I recognize his two backups very well and we already have them in David Aebischer and Alex Auld. He has played in 70 games in the last four seasons. I just don't really know about this one.

As for defensemen.

Shea Weber Nashville
Michal Rozsival New York Rangers

With regards to rookies.

No one needed right away. I just notice some last names sometimes and other things as well if they played in Russia or not.

1. Brandon Sutter Carolina Another hockey player with the last name Sutter. Yes he is a part of that hockey family and that family has a bunch of members that have played in the NHL before and no I can't name them all off the top of my head.
2. Alexei Cherepanov He has played in a Russian league the past couple of years. This may mean he is just slightly ahead of other players. Teams in Russia are usually very demanding on their players. I found this little blurb about him on his wiki Cherepanov had more points than now-NHL star's Evgeni Malkin, Alexander Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk did in their first seasons in the Super League at the age of 17. In March 2007, Cherepanov surpassed the Russian league rookie goal scoring record previously held by Pavel Bure. Those are all pretty famous names when it comes to hockey players from Russia I must say. Now that does not guarantee he will be like these players but he is someone to definitely watch.
3. And last but certainly not least Angelo Esposito Pittsburgh
And if I am remembering correctly he is not related to Phil or Tony Esposito. I just like what team he plays for. He may well be very limited in his NHL experience this year. I have not heard a lot about how he has played in the pre season yet. Jordan Staal who we have got off to a somewhat slow start as well. So who really knows.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 20 Sep 2007, 12:01 PM
GM

So here is from my list above of who we may need before the season starts in a much easier to read format.

Nicklas Backstrom Minnesota G
Shea Weber Nashville D
Michal Rozsival New York Rangers D

One to watch but I don't now if we really need him to start the season or not because of the reasons I listed in my last post.

Mikael Teliqvist ??? Phoenix

I don't think we need any rookies at least to start the season.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 06:45 PM
GM

Alexander Radulov Nashville is another possibility.

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 07:35 PM
Coach

Those 3 that were mentioned make a good short list, though Backstrom is the only "must IPO" IMHO until we see which youngsters break out and produce. And from my scanning the numbers, the top points guy from last season not listed here is Sean Avery of the Rangers (18 goals-30 assists-48 points), though his best score was Elisha Cuthbright. #2 is Randy Robataille of the Isles with a mediocre 11-29-40.

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 09:43 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
though Backstrom is the only "must IPO" IMHO until we see which youngsters break out and produce.
Even though -mmm- sounds like a homer his is correct really only Backstrom is needed next week.

And don't worry I will watch the rookies and younger guys and a few verterans mixed in around the end of October or so.

Unread 28 Sep 2007, 10:45 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

My thoughts:

Phil Kessel - back after cancer treatment
Matt Pettinger -
Alexander Radulov

Niklas Backstrom (G) (New starter for the Wild and ranked #5 in goaltenders)
Christian Ehrhoff
Guillaume Latendresse
Mattias Ohlund
Sean Avery
Curtis Sanford (G) (Vancouver does not have a back-up ipo'd)
Jason LaBarbera (G) (will be battling for the #1 position in LA)

Rookies:
Jonathan Toews - if you're Canadian, you know who this kid is
Peter Mueller
Carey Price -IF, he manages to stay in the big leagues. Is fighting two #1 goalies for the #2 spot in LA)
Jeff Tambellini - will improve as the season progresses
Nicklas Backstrom, Centre (me thinks a contender for the Calder)
Shea Weber - will be relied on now that Timonen is in Phili and he's not going to be just a flash in the pan
Unread 03 Oct 2007, 08:20 PM
6th Round Draft Pick

Nik Antropov.
Unread 03 Oct 2007, 09:34 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYBAN View Post
Nik Antropov.

Agree...especially since I thought he was already ipo'd!
Unread 06 Oct 2007, 07:04 PM
Coach

Well, can probably hold off on Shea Weber as hes out 3-6 weeks with a (yikes!) dislocated knee cap.

Unread 06 Oct 2007, 11:13 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

saw that replay...ouch!
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 07:13 AM
GM

Carey Price backup goaltender Montreal played in about 25% of games so far.

Just trying to remember names for January.

Unread 15 Oct 2007, 07:35 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
Carey Price backup goaltender Montreal played in about 25% of games so far.

Just trying to remember names for January.
Josh Harding, who got the shutout last night vs Anaheim, is the backup for the Wild. In fact before BACNI came on strong last season, the front office thought of him as their goalie of the future type.

Unread 25 Nov 2007, 09:48 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

LA needs a goalie IPO'd. Cloutier's career is pretty much done, and he hasn't been playing in the NHL for awhile now.

Can we get LaBarbara?