Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Closed Thread
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 05:39 AM
Free Agent

Thumbs down Some Advice To Others Re Post

Why posting is down imo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76
not trying to be confrontational here bob but.....one has to be willing to do SOME of the work to maintain their ports no? It's been made REAL easy for us by having the stocks team now listed right next to their symbol. It made it real easy for me to sell the non playoff teams. Just make a list of the teams NOT in the playoffs and then go down your port and check all those to be sold.......easy!

i asked a simple question not knowing the matter had already been taken care of and was subjected to the reply shown from our our resident "know it all".

knowing that is his usual m.o. it didn't deter me but could easily cause others to back off!!

As for you my good friend a--hole in one i work as hard at this game as anyone and for once and for all will you mind your own business and please SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 11:30 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

www.fairtax.org

Unread 10 Apr 2007, 05:32 PM
1st Round Draft Pick

looks like he has been taken off another person's xmas card list.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 07:06 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notredame79 View Post
looks like he has been taken off another person's xmas card list.
Why because he made a valid suggestion?
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 07:58 PM
Coach

In all honesty, this seems to me to be one of the LEAST controversial posts in awhile. In the past, I've seen name-calling, accusations of multiple portfolios, alleged cheating, etc.

This falls far short of any of that, in my opinion. Let's all play nice.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 08:41 PM
Free Agent

Thumbs down His Tone And Words Were Condesending

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehuelsman View Post
In all honesty, this seems to me to be one of the LEAST controversial posts in awhile. In the past, I've seen name-calling, accusations of multiple portfolios, alleged cheating, etc.

This falls far short of any of that, in my opinion. Let's all play nice.
as in do "some"of the work!!!!!!!!
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 08:49 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

what I dont understand is why the harsh reply to a statement that rich prefaced with, "not trying to be confrontational here bob but.....". Obviously he didnt mean anything by it. To me it read as a straightforward answer. I think the highlights for splits is pretty sweet and retired stocks, but if you start highlighting everything and making it SO easy for people to play, they will end up spending less time here and THAT will be what keeps people from posting here.

Just my un-biased opinion, no offense meant...
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 10:01 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Bob, you are perfectly within your right to be annoyed by a post. It doesn't matter whether I or anyone else agrees there was reason to be or not...if you were, you were.

The problem with forums is that there's no voice inflection, etc...and no amount of smilies can make up for the lack of pure text on a screen in truly putting out what someone is intending to post.

Rich would be the first to agree that not all of his posts are viewed the same way he intends them to be.....he's had his tendency to be confrontational on purpose, I just seriously doubt this was one of those times. That doesn't, however, lessen your right to have been upset by his wording nonetheless.
Unread 10 Apr 2007, 10:43 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
I think the highlights for splits is pretty sweet and retired stocks, but if you start highlighting everything and making it SO easy for people to play, they will end up spending less time here and THAT will be what keeps people from posting here.
A different shading for short and long term on the market board would only save wasted clicks. Still have to be here to click in the first place.
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 02:15 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbums27 View Post
Why posting is down imo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76
not trying to be confrontational here bob but.....one has to be willing to do SOME of the work to maintain their ports no? It's been made REAL easy for us by having the stocks team now listed right next to their symbol. It made it real easy for me to sell the non playoff teams. Just make a list of the teams NOT in the playoffs and then go down your port and check all those to be sold.......easy!

i asked a simple question not knowing the matter had already been taken care of and was subjected to the reply shown from our our resident "know it all".

knowing that is his usual m.o. it didn't deter me but could easily cause others to back off!!

As for you my good friend a--hole in one i work as hard at this game as anyone and for once and for all will you mind your own business and please SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why the new thread? Couldn't this have been handled on the other thread? Or better yet, through a PM to Rich?

You say, "i asked a simple question not knowing the matter had already been taken care of", but then you go on and give your opinions of a valued member of this forum. I'm just curious. How is it that you claim to know so much about rich76, and still not know something as simple as following the sports pages or even the internet, to know which teams have made the playoffs?

You want to know why posting is down? This thread is a very good indication of why.
Closed Thread