Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 21 Jun 2007, 09:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Default Congrats to Slamin Sammy Sosa (600 HR club)

I mean we post about Gordon havin a kid which is totally sports related. Yet a feet that puts him with Mays, Ruth, Bonds, Mantle etc and we can't mention? IMO he has never failed a test and #s speak for themselves. We hear of Mantle, Mays etc. taking amphetamines which if anyone knows anything is a lot more performance enhancing then steroids or most other drugs. We can't go back and test etc. I say #s are #s and let baseball decide to make tests tougher but until then he should be a first ballot HOFer. IMO Anyone think NOT? Let's hear it.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 10:46 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
I mean we post about Gordon havin a kid which is totally sports related. Yet a feet that puts him with Mays, Ruth, Bonds, Mantle etc and we can't mention? IMO he has never failed a test and #s speak for themselves. We hear of Mantle, Mays etc. taking amphetamines which if anyone knows anything is a lot more performance enhancing then steroids or most other drugs. We can't go back and test etc. I say #s are #s and let baseball decide to make tests tougher but until then he should be a first ballot HOFer. IMO Anyone think NOT? Let's hear it.

Are we ignoring the corked bat? Or how about the fact that he took a hiatus from baseball for awhile and comes back looking obviously smaller in a time when all the talk was steriods?
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:20 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

I do take issue with juiced up players being placed in the same catagory as say, Willie Mays.

Having said that thought, I don't sit there and shake my fist at the tv when I see Bonds et al come to bat. Until I have 100% definitive proof, I'll simply rub my chin and shake my head at what I percieve to have happened. I mean, it's pretty obvious that these guys are a lot smaller than they were a couple of years ago in their hayday...

To me, the sad thing is that these players actually are quite talented and it's too bad that we will never truly know what they could have done if they had played au naturel.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 02:21 PM
Antagonist.

Another cheater.
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 10:45 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Sosa is a proven cheater... unlike Bonds... but we all know Bonds was a cheater...

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 21 Jun 2007, 11:25 PM
All Pro

anyone that has been brought to court over a Steroid scandal has a cloud over them. Barry, Sosa, McGwire and Raffy in my opinion dont deserve to be aloud in the HOF. I dont care what there numbers show. In my opinion they used roids. You look at all these guys the year before there numbers bloomed look how much they weighed before/after. Gaining 30lbs from 190lbs is NUTS. Also another guy that has been forgotten. Brady Anderson. Where did he go. 50hrs one year and vanished. HMMM. Come on people. I think putting these guys into the HOF is sickening. And I hope Barry breaks his leg before he gets that record. I cant stand the guy. Taking a legit HOF record and tarnishing it with a Roid user is just.... cant say it on the boards. No matter anyways. There are younger talents going to break the record anyway. A-Rod or Miguel Cabera or Pujols one will get it.
So to answer your post Troy. NOOO PROPS.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 06:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Cabrera? Maybe ship Griffey or Arod to Coors Field. Fast track. How many pitchers on the juice? Funny how Gagne disappeared? Matter of fact a bunch are gone. Liriano? WHere did he go? Just askin O dont jump me. We may need to re-visit stat leaders who suddenly vanished. I get where you're coming from and appreciate your opinion.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 07:35 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Quote:
Liriano? WHere did he go?
Tommy John surgery
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 09:49 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Funny how Gagne disappeared?
surgery for him as well a few years back and has been periodically injured since.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Liriano? WHere did he go? We may need to re-visit stat leaders who suddenly vanished.

What stat was Liriano leading?
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 10:42 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
I dont care what there numbers show. In my opinion they used roids. You look at all these guys the year before there numbers bloomed look how much they weighed before/after. Gaining 30lbs from 190lbs is NUTS.

In retrospect, when I got out of high school I was 210. After my first year at college I was 215. Second year I found the weight room and went to 235 and I guarantee you my workout regimen was nothing compared to some of these athletes. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying 30lb weight gain isn't something that is usual.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 12:01 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

30 LBs for lifting weight for a 190 guy is VERY possible and not uncommon at all. I gained nearly 40 when I started lifting when I was 20. I started at 180 wound up at 218 in 2 years time. So, to me, their change of muscle and body shape mean nothing as far as I am concerned.
Unread 22 Jun 2007, 01:20 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingoff View Post
30 LBs for lifting weight for a 190 guy is VERY possible and not uncommon at all. I gained nearly 40 when I started lifting when I was 20. I started at 180 wound up at 218 in 2 years time. So, to me, their change of muscle and body shape mean nothing as far as I am concerned.
What about the squaring of the head and jaw?