Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 26 Jun 2007, 06:36 PM
All Pro

Default Nascar Penalties handed out

It arrived Tuesday afternoon just before 4 p.m. ET, when NASCAR announced that Gordon and Johnson each were penalized 100 driver championship points, and that their crew chiefs -- Steve Letarte for Gordon and Chad Knaus for Johnson -- have each been fined $100,000, suspended for the next six Nextel Cup Series events, and placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2007.

Rick Hendrick, owner of the No. 24 car, also was penalized 100 car owner championship points -- as was Gordon, who is owner of the No. 48.

MHO. They got off scottttttt free. Ohhh no. Gordon still holds the lead by 100 pts. And Johnson only drops to 5th in the standings. YAY. What a joke.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 07:07 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Consistancy! That is what Earnhardt got a few weeks back, and his violation was more extreme. I think they received a harsher sentence than they should have since they thought they were in the "gray area" of the law, not outside of the law.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingoff View Post
Consistancy! That is what Earnhardt got a few weeks back, and his violation was more extreme. I think they received a harsher sentence than they should have since they thought they were in the "gray area" of the law, not outside of the law.
/concur
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 07:47 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingoff View Post

How do you figure it was gray area. Their cars did not meet the standards/template for the COT. This time it was fenders instead of the spoiler. I think NASCAR finally got it right. Remember Knaus is a repeat offender.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 07:53 PM
All Pro

You think they where to HARSH?????????? These freaking idiots where flat out told NO ONE was to touch the COT. They want these cars to stay the same no matter what course it is. There is NO GRAY AREA with these cars. No touching them at all. They knew it. And did it anyways. Either you guys are complete idiots or just Gordon fans. Either way your idiots for liking him.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 08:10 PM

So...we disagree...that makes us idiots?

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 08:18 PM
All Pro

Dont get your panties in a bunch Rich over this. I have always thought you where a idiot .

But seriously. How many times do you have to be told not to touch the COT. You dont think these guys got MEMOS when JR tried this. Everyone else seems to understand the rules.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 12:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Honestly IMO why would you mess with success? You are both near the top of the points and an almost lock for the chase. Just stupid whomever made the decision. In all of sports there are those that flirt with the fine line. 1 inch either way makes you either a cheater or a genius. Just not worth the gamble at their position in the standings.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 01:21 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

If NASCAR really wants to put a stop to cheating they should punish the drivers by suspending them for x amount of races. The 100pts is a big hit to be sure but not near as big as 0 pts for the next three races.

I've heard the old arguement about the driver doesn't know what happens to the car but that is weak at best. Besides whether they do or not, you can bet the owners won't stand for cheating if their teams will be forced to sit out three to five races without the chance to earn any points.

A punishment that will (at least for the drivers who really matter as far as the chase is concerned) defnitely have an impact and make folks think twice before trying to skirt the rules next time.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 02:18 PM
Antagonist.

Orren this last post and poster need to be removed immediately. There is no place here for that. If he remains I will not.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:17 PM
All Pro

I second that he be removed.
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:32 PM
All Pro

Default Recent Poll on Nascar.com

Should crew chiefs who are repeat offenders face harsher penalties?

YES 2290 83%
NO 480 17%
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 05:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Yes on crew chiefs.....I will remove the above post since it appears to have been offensive to izbilly and parrot. Which part offends u 2 I dont need to know. Please remove Rich having his panties in a bunch. That offends me. Rich in panties is a mental pic I needed not have. I am calling shenanigans on all that offend me now LOL. Seriously I will remove the above post. Rich U need to remove yours with the quote please. Thanks
Unread 27 Jun 2007, 06:04 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Troy, what exactly is it going to take to get it through your head that comments like your removed post aren't welcome here? What exactly is it going to take for you to once and for all understand that jokingly or not, this community doesn't want that crap? Other communities might...NOT THIS ONE.

I don't wanna hear 'it was a joke'.
I don't wanna hear 'I thought we were friends'.
I don't wanna hear 'they're egging me into it'.
I don't wanna hear 'I'm just blowing off steam'.
I don't wanna hear 'I just try to liven things up'.
I don't wanna hear 'these guys need to lighten up'.

Post in a way you'd make your daughter proud or don't post at all.
Can't abide by that? Well guess what happens to your posting priveleges...again.
I'm tired of feeling like I'm following you around with a pooper scooper- I've got better things to do.