Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 12:12 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default Do we want...

Thought I'd broach a few subjects here, open a few worm cans....

Do we want...

1.) to allow images (other than smilies) in signatures? Problem is...I'm not yet seeing where I could restrict the SIZE of 'em if we allow 'em...but it may be that I have just not found where yet

2.) to have an option for a different 'skin'? Potentially we can allow people to choose from another option besides what you're seeing...just not sure how much work it'd be and the header (all the site links and above) would remain the same for all. Or would you guys just prefer I change some of the existing colors...

3.) to allow for user reputation and warning points? I have some research to do, but we can set things up so that other members can 'vote in' points to other members....and mods/admins can put in warning points when posters insult other members, etc. What I don't know is how it all works and how 'bogus' it can get in practice....and whether the 2 points systems are connected.
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 12:22 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Do we want...

1.) to allow images (other than smilies) in signatures? Problem is...I'm not yet seeing where I could restrict the SIZE of 'em if we allow 'em...but it may be that I have just not found where yet
I say yes, if you can find a restriction on size. Or at least enforce it. If you cant find a auto restriction, have a mod or admin tell that person to get rid of it and get a smaller one.

Quote:
2.) to have an option for a different 'skin'? Potentially we can allow people to choose from another option besides what you're seeing...just not sure how much work it'd be and the header (all the site links and above) would remain the same for all. Or would you guys just prefer I change some of the existing colors...
Personally I like the color set we have now. Green = the color of Money. And since this site deals with the exchange of stocks for money...i think it is fitting. If you need to change something, I'd go with the skin idea.

Quote:
3.) to allow for user reputation and warning points? I have some research to do, but we can set things up so that other members can 'vote in' points to other members....and mods/admins can put in warning points when posters insult other members, etc. What I don't know is how it all works and how 'bogus' it can get in practice....and whether the 2 points systems are connected.
I think that the rep-points thing is kind of a cool knick-knack thing. Here I think it would get used correctly. At the USCHO.com boards its abused, with many people giving neg-rep just because they said the other persons team sucked. I don't put much stock into it, but It's neat to see what others think about your comments.
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 12:30 PM
Hall of Famer

1) Yes. If it's a server load issue, then restrict photos to URL links. If it's still a server issue (I don't know how all that works), then make it a $$ pay feature. Size limitations of nothing wider than the standard message width and nothing longer than 1/3 a page (give or take) would probably be a good idea though.

2) Same here. Anything over and above what we're used to or what we need to participate on this website could/should be a pay feature.

3) No opinion.
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 12:34 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to jpf25

For all three questions, I have no preference myself, but I do like the green color a lot!

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 01:20 PM
Resident Limey

Quote:

Do we want...

1.) I'd say no. There are kiddies around after all, and all you need is one muppet with a new account.

2.) I hate the colour of money, but only because it's different from normal. Once we get used to it'll be fine.

3.) Allow them for a while, and see how it goes. If it's getting abused, turn it off
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 01:39 PM
Antagonist.

I would just like not to have to log in everytime I enter the forums.
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 02:15 PM
Bleeds Midnight Green

1) we have photos allowed for avatars and posts, in a sig it may be worth sacrificing to save speed and storage issues.

2) skins are cool, if simple to offer. could be cool to allow folks to customize them, and the pay feature idea makes sense also. edit: and the new colors...LOVE 'EM. Looks great, and an appropriate mix / balance.

3) points may be cool. I'd like to see how the rating of topics on the boards goes, now that it functions for the first time ever.
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 02:35 PM
Got Xbox One?

Hey,

I say YES to all three.
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 03:23 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
Hey,

I say YES to all three.
Ditto!

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 04:32 PM
Got Xbox One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofdeath View Post
Ditto!
Hey,

What he said.

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln View Post
1) Yes. ... Size limitations of nothing wider than the standard message width and nothing longer than 1/3 a page (give or take) would probably be a good idea though.
Just to clarify - when I said "1/3 of a page" I meant 1/3 of the viewable page - as in what you can see without scrolling up and down. Maybe something no longer than than this (384x256):

And no wider than this (750x260):

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 09:07 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

any particular reason you chose to use that picture of the 8 car as your example????
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 09:19 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

it should have been the rainbow warrior....

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 09:44 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Did I send you that picture of my house?

Unread 14 Mar 2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Did I send you that picture of my house?

Is that the one you were considering selling? Or the new one you bought?

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no