Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 22 Mar 2007, 11:43 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default What does a passer rating of 69 in limited time get you?

6 years $48mil if you're Matt Schaub.....the hottest QB to never have a chance to prove he can really do ANYthing in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong....I DO think he's a good QB....I just find it quite odd to think he's worth that contract.............tho a lot of it is NOT guaranteed.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=6849
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 12:02 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
6 years $48mil if you're Matt Schaub.....the hottest QB to never have a chance to prove he can really do ANYthing in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong....I DO think he's a good QB....I just find it quite odd to think he's worth that contract.............tho a lot of it is NOT guaranteed.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=6849
well now if you had carr as your only QB you too would think 46mil a small price to pay for a chance no matter how little that chance might be.

actually though it's a good contract for both. it gives schaub a chance to start (which is long overdue) and if he doesn't pan out (although compared to their other option that's not likely to be the case) they don't have to front the bulk of it as it's not guaranteed.

i just hope schaub blossoms into a top tier qb so arthur blank and the rest of the atlanta organization (along with their more deluded fans) can see what a waste they've been dealing with for the past five years.

have i mentioned i'm not a big fan of ron mexico?
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 01:31 AM
GM

Schaub's passer rating is lower than Atlanta's awesome, greatest running quarterback to ever live in very limited playing time. Schaub has a whopping two career starts and is 0-2 in those starts. He also has 6 career td and interceptions in his limited playing time.

There is one other little problem with any qb going to Houston. Carr has been sacked around 250 times in the last five seasons.

I wonder why Jake Plummer would rather retire than go to Houston?

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 23 Mar 2007, 07:25 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Watch him become the next back-up quaterback (Favre) that goes to stardom - it can only happen the falcons

www.fairtax.org