Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 02 Mar 2013, 03:40 PM
Pastor of Muppetts

I meant lowering the moo during the 'amnesty' periods. If you are going to offer the 100000k buys, then why have said period. If you are going to allow the buying of 100k then what is the point of holding onto these stocks for ever. Those of us who enjoy playing the game but dont have the time to day trade dont benefit in one bit by (in the long run) holding these stocks. We have had our multiple splits taken away & are given $$$ that we cant spend, I have $111b in stocks & $211b in cash on hand, I doubt anything you add or change will allow me to spend that, a few times a year, i can spend a few 100k on new stocks, personally I would rather have the millions of stocks to make or lose $$$ on, over having endless amounts of COH that i wont reasonably ever be able to spend. I understand you are trying to level the playing field........but i you just joined do you reasonably expect to be able to catch someone in the top 10, it can be done yes, but not over night. I realize i am beating a dead horse here & that you are trying to get more members.....people drop out of the top 100 & join over time, example does someone who joined 3 years ago & has made the top 100 deserve to be able to catch someone who has put in (i dont say trade so if i move up or down c'est la vie) years of trading & then finds themselves unable to continue to trade due to unforseeable circumstance. I guess i am wondering how does this 100k limit benifit myself & others who have dilligently maintained their portfolios over time, checking in, buying & holding the stocks added, but cant, wont or dont want to check in & day trade DAILY. We take our lumps on goalies & starters, underperformers & starters demoted to scrubs, how does it benfits us to let everyone who can afford 100k while we keep losing stocks & gaining no interest bearing cash?
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 04:27 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkaholic View Post
I meant lowering the moo during the 'amnesty' periods. If you are going to offer the 100000k buys, then why have said period. If you are going to allow the buying of 100k then what is the point of holding onto these stocks for ever. Those of us who enjoy playing the game but dont have the time to day trade dont benefit in one bit by (in the long run) holding these stocks. We have had our multiple splits taken away & are given $$$ that we cant spend, I have $111b in stocks & $211b in cash on hand, I doubt anything you add or change will allow me to spend that, a few times a year, i can spend a few 100k on new stocks, personally I would rather have the millions of stocks to make or lose $$$ on, over having endless amounts of COH that i wont reasonably ever be able to spend. I understand you are trying to level the playing field........but i you just joined do you reasonably expect to be able to catch someone in the top 10, it can be done yes, but not over night. I realize i am beating a dead horse here & that you are trying to get more members.....people drop out of the top 100 & join over time, example does someone who joined 3 years ago & has made the top 100 deserve to be able to catch someone who has put in (i dont say trade so if i move up or down c'est la vie) years of trading & then finds themselves unable to continue to trade due to unforseeable circumstance. I guess i am wondering how does this 100k limit benifit myself & others who have dilligently maintained their portfolios over time, checking in, buying & holding the stocks added, but cant, wont or dont want to check in & day trade DAILY. We take our lumps on goalies & starters, underperformers & starters demoted to scrubs, how does it benfits us to let everyone who can afford 100k while we keep losing stocks & gaining no interest bearing cash?
Those above you also have the 100 splits so you won't gain places in TV because you have them. I don't think being here for years means we, me included, have 'earned' any advantage.
162 game baseball schedule, if after 81 games you show up and don't give it your all set your sights on last place.
The reason some of us our pushing this is we can't day trade NBA, Golf or Nascar because too many have split.

Makes no sense to me to think many will quit comps and pickem because of TV.
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 04:42 PM
Pastor of Muppetts

I never said anything about gaining spots in the top 40, did I , am speaking of the foks who werent here, being able to buy & sell the same amount (if affordable) as I am holding, I have been penalized (as has everyone who holds all the splits) by having the over 100k taken away. Given the choice would you rather have billions in unspendable cash or millions of potential stocks to gain or LOSE $$$ money through out the season???
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 06:07 PM

I disagree blackhawk....those mil share stocks have always been sold off ....for years.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 06:25 PM
Pastor of Muppetts

then what is the point of having split shares.
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 06:26 PM

you can still hold 100K splitters....like always
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 06:49 PM
Pastor of Muppetts

and then what's the point of letting ev1 buy these splitters at will
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 07:43 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

couple things here....the moo during amnesty periods have not been changed at all ever since we set moo to cap out at 10k years ago...which is why we can hold amnesties 'on the fly'...and, with those positions involved, allow 100k daytrading........now, if we were to change that back (so moo on 100k buys/sells are 10 times a 10k buy/sell) that question comes back into play

now...if people want me to quit selling off shares over 100k, I can certainly consider that......with the caveat/issue there being people getting caught without a stock that splits to 1mil and only having 100k after that

I guess the reason to consider the 2nd class of stocks is so you can hold one class and daytrade the other, if you want...

Let's remember...here and in the real world, stocks split primarily to keep the cost per share down for the investors with less to spend.

There's a lot of ways we could go and I'd love to find one the majority of people are happy with and doesn't require a lot of extra work on our end (I'm not referring to one time programming). We could raise split prices to $100,000 for example. The biggest problem there has to do with the smaller investor (i.e. a monthly port could only buy 1 share early in the month unless we set things up to allow partial shares). From my end, I'd consider simply leaving the split price where it is, allowing 100k trading, and if a stock splits a 2nd time it's completely sold off and starts over...but that goes against what you're inferring you like.

Yes, I know there's an obnoxious amount of unspent cash...there will always be some, but this is a ton. If you have ideas (beyond what I already know...reinstating some of the sold off shares somehow), I'm all ears.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 02 Mar 2013, 09:00 PM

IPO every starter of every team of every sector. Add in all golfers in the top 100...all nascar drivers....and IPO them at $100.00 per share. That will eat up a fair amount of money........for now
Unread 06 Mar 2013, 10:22 PM
JSAdmin

and now I prolly just irritated some people again selling off shares over 100k......but, until we come up with a more permanent solution, leaving shares over 100k only causes more issues, yes? I mean the alternative is allowing 1mil share buys..and I just don't see that as logical

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 06 Mar 2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
and now I prolly just irritated some people again selling off shares over 100k......but, until we come up with a more permanent solution, leaving shares over 100k only causes more issues, yes? I mean the alternative is allowing 1mil share buys..and I just don't see that as logical
Unread 06 Mar 2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
IPO every starter of every team of every sector. Add in all golfers in the top 100...all nascar drivers....and IPO them at $100.00 per share. That will eat up a fair amount of money........for now
btw......I forgot to add a 0 above and meant to say $1000.00 per share....and then raise the split price to whatever you feel comfortable with...the higher the better. The amount of times it will affect comps will be minimal for a long time...and even then it will be the same for all competing
Unread 07 Mar 2013, 09:33 AM
Prospect

Welcome, lovelyman.
You last visited: 06 Jul 2011 at 07:07 AM

wow been so long...almost as long since i lost my job in July 2011.

regarding splits and shares prices...I would like to see more drastics price drops when a player get a day and/or got unjured.

Let says Martin Brodeur allowed 4 goals in a games and his average is 2.15 make is shares drop 15-19% if he allowed 6+ make the drop bigger 20-25%,Koby Bryant make an average of 30pts per game if make 22pts let is shares drop 7-8% even with no trades,if he got injured let drop his shares by X% per game he missed.So if you decide to keep all your splits you will be affected by bad performances/injuries instead to go only with daily tradings volumes and the forlumas who are using right now...
Unread 07 Mar 2013, 10:02 AM
JSAdmin

Great to see you!!
I remember your first name, but don't remember if you've said it 'publicly'...and I don't use someone's name unless/until they do, s

....and I know what you mean re the job thing...lost mine late '09, went back to school and got a 2nd degree for employers to ignore, worked as a temp for over a year before my current company finally made me permanent just last month!

you bring up a great point re splits...the overall growth would be slowed some if the negatives weren't constrained, as they've been....I don't know about -15%, that's pretty big for one game....but I have it within my 'power' to loosen the constraints on the negative hits for being below projections on any given category....slower growth would mean fewer splits in the first place

and...we've talked some in the past about stocks losing a small amount any day they don't play (including offseason)...the problem with doing it for injuries and that kinda thing is...pressure on me to know when an injury happened and how severe! but, if it could be something built into the system (i.e. all stocks getting a -.1% hit at market reset or something), that's doable if desired.

Unread 07 Mar 2013, 11:37 AM
Prospect

I'm Serge from Montreal...