Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 22 Oct 2008, 12:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymy View Post
I'd argue that they are the most impressionable and most likely to fall victim to all of the hype that Obama has generated.
lol. When I was fresh out of college during the jobless recovery of the first Bush administration, I took a job with the USPS, and worked the 3-11:30pm shift. Worked out great for me, as I could listen to Rush Limbaugh every day on WMAL 630. I loved it. I ate it all up. Bought his two books (does he have more out since then?). He even had a TV show that came on at 12:30am on channel 20. Then the G-Man, you know, the convicted felon that McCain used to "pal around with" - G. Gordon Liddy had a radio show of his own, on 106.7, in the timeslot before Don & Mike. He once recommended to his listeners that if a Federal Agent ever gave them any trouble, they should "resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ... Kill the sons of b!tches." What a great man!

Ah, those were the days. I was young and dumb, and obviously very impressionable. I voted for Bush Sr. in '88, voted for him again in '92, Dole in '96, Bush Jr. in 2000, and again in 2004. And yes, I do think it's time for a change.
Unread 22 Oct 2008, 12:42 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln View Post
Ah, those were the days. I was young and dumb, and obviously very impressionable.
Exactly my point. And shame on you for dragging religion into the fray.
You obviously have no boundaries.