Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 07 May 2008, 08:22 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockTrader View Post
And your proof would have been another mainland attack on the US?
that at best is a feeble attempt to rationalize. any nation (even an ally) could be a potential threat in the future someday, so are you suggesting we take the world over now just to be safe?

we need to call a spade a spade, the white house lied repeatedly to the nation and the world. they have been proven to be reckless and willing to resort to the lowest levels to fulfill agenda. as proof i offer history and their record.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 07 May 2008, 02:20 PM
JS Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymy View Post
#1) "Tricky Dick" did the right thing, "Cheating Bill" did not.

??? I believe I inferred that Nixon DID do the right thing. As far as Bill, he was not even mentioned in my post.

#2) Exactly what is wrong with a national ID card?

Nothing, if you don't mind the government knowing where you are and what you are doing at all times. There will be a microchip with all your personal information in the card. The government can track you through that microchip.

#3) What would you have to say if we did nothing after 9/11? The real big shame here is how differently we have reacted to 9/11 versus how our forefathers reacted to Pearl Harbor.

Tjere was proof that Japan was responsible for Pearl Harbor..No proof that Iraq was responsible for 9/11

#4) Hitler? You can't be serious.
Perfectly serious

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 07 May 2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
that at best is a feeble attempt to rationalize. any nation (even an ally) could be a potential threat in the future someday, so are you suggesting we take the world over now just to be safe?

we need to call a spade a spade, the white house lied repeatedly to the nation and the world. they have been proven to be reckless and willing to resort to the lowest levels to fulfill agenda. as proof i offer history and their record.
You said it, not me.

But seriously, you've gone to the other extreme. There is a line to be drawn when talking pre-emptive, and as of right now, there are no other 'threats'. Well, Iran is nearing that line. Not saying we need to attack, but just observe .. heavily.

Nick