Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 23 Jul 2009, 02:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spoc22
Default How's that change working out for you?

I'd like to set this thread up not as a place for debate, discussion or argument but simply as a place where people can post something(s) specific that BO's policies have made better for you. This means no, "I feel better," "the Repubs are out of office," "he's made things better" are unacceptable answers. If you have received a job thru BO's job creation policy or if the stimulus package has given you $$ for starting a company, then list those kinds of things. Remember, the things must be specific and directly attributable to a BO policy.

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 31 Jul 2009, 11:01 PM

Nothing? - No one?

Did BO bring change we can believe in or is he trying to change what we believe in?

Things which seemed reasonable were often untrue..Other things were partly true and partly untrue..A few things were really true.
- Wilbur Wright
Unread 31 Jul 2009, 11:23 PM
GO STEELERS!

Hey Spoc, how's it going? The only positive "change" I have seen so far is towards a cleaner/renewable energy. The "C.A.R.S." program has been a joke (in my opinion). It's caused so much confusion and doesn't seem to have nearly enough funding.

He recognized the Armenian genocide, so now I don't see any more protests on that.

I think that's all the "positive" stuff so far. Also, according to his policies we really won't see this "change" until about 2035 anyway.
Unread 03 Aug 2009, 01:39 PM
Got Xbox One?

Hey,

This thread warrants a "Sticky"?
Unread 05 Aug 2009, 01:26 AM

wanted to make sure everybody had a chance to post.

So far pretty weak

- Wilbur Wright
Unread 09 Aug 2009, 03:10 PM
JS Mod

I do not, in any way shape or form, support any of Obama's policies, but I have received benefit from his stimulus package in one way.

I had been renting my home for the past 6 years and had been considering buying it. The landlord had already agreed to a land contract but no contract had been signed as yet. Then they passed the First Time Homebuyer's credit, which began as an interest free loan of up to $7500, then morphed into free money of up to $8000 if bought between 1/1/09 and 12/1/09. I signed the land contract on 3/1/09 and received $7500 with my tax refund. I then used this money to try to prepare for the eventual collapse of our economy due to the policies of Obama and Bush before him.

I bought a solar generator as an emergency power backup.

I bought lots of seeds to grow my own food to prepare for possible food shortages (though Obama's Food Safety and Stabilization Act, HR 875, if passed, will take that right away from me).

I bought lots of silver, and some gold, coins to prepare for the collapse of the dollar.

I did other things with the money, but I would gladly give it all back if they would give us back our freedom and stay out of our lives.

This country is going to h*ll in a handbasket

That's about as positive as I can get about BO.

"There exists in this country a plot to enslave every man woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office, I intend to expose this plot."
- President John F. Kennedy - 7 days before he was assassinated

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford -- Founder of Ford Motor Company

http://rtr.org/signup?ref=3800
Unread 12 Sep 2009, 12:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I bought lots of seeds to grow my own food to prepare for possible food shortages (though Obama's Food Safety and Stabilization Act, HR 875, if passed, will take that right away from me).

I bought lots of silver, and some gold, coins to prepare for the collapse of the dollar.

I did other things with the money, but I would gladly give it all back if they would give us back our freedom and stay out of our lives.

This country is going to h*ll in a handbasket

That's about as positive as I can get about BO.
LOL - please tell us what rights (pronounced by your ilk: "rats") that Obama has "taken away".

While you're at it, tell us what policies Obama has invoked that would result in a weaker US Dollar (vs foreign currencies) that differs from W's policies.

And for kicks, tell us why you're concerned about the food shortage you elude to. I take it you haven't driven across country lately.

Okay, I know, I'll give you until Monday so you can reload on the right wing AM radio talking points so you know how to respond.

Surprised you didn't mention how Obama wants to commit genocide with his "secret" plan to wipe republicans out with the H1N1 (swine flu) "vaccine".
Unread 12 Sep 2009, 07:25 AM

you're sounding very condescending andrew...to imply that Claire has no mind or opinion of her own is just about as low as you can go.not uncommon in this forum though ....I guess we should come to expect that from a few of you.......bleah
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 12 Sep 2009, 09:04 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

One of the things that bothers me with so MANY Obama supporters I run into is.....they all seem to think that 'better than Bush' is a good answer to why they support Barrack.

Our economic situation has gone FAR beyond who caused what, who's responsible for what....

.....you think all those people on the unemployment line give two zhits WHO turns the economy around for them?
.....you think all those people fighting just to keep the bank from taking their home away from them care if it was a Democrat's or a Republican's plan that helps them out?

This is one big reason I usually just stay away from politics- the tougher the economic situation is the more easily otherwise friendly people get completely polarized; this forum is a big case in point.

Am I wrong? or aren't there several of you that used to post far more regularly that no longer do...almost strictly because of altercations in this forum......and guess who loses out when you guys quit posting- JS!

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 12 Sep 2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
One of the things that bothers me with so MANY Obama supporters I run into is.....they all seem to think that 'better than Bush' is a good answer to why they support Barrack.

Very true Orren, and it makes it extremely difficult to carry on ANY kind of discussion here. Obama HAS, in fact, done some queastionable things that Bush was also accused and rapped for.....no comments from his supporters. When Bush did it and any of his supportersd didn't respond or comment they(we) were railed for it then.

Our economic situation has gone FAR beyond who caused what, who's responsible for what....

Bush continures to get blamed for all of it...no blame steered towards Clinton or any of his debacles.

.....you think all those people on the unemployment line give two zhits WHO turns the economy around for them?
.....you think all those people fighting just to keep the bank from taking their home away from them care if it was a Democrat's or a Republican's plan that helps them out?

This is one big reason I usually just stay away from politics- the tougher the economic situation is the more easily otherwise friendly people get completely polarized; this forum is a big case in point.

Andrew's response to Claire is a perfect example of this.

Am I wrong? or aren't there several of you that used to post far more regularly that no longer do...almost strictly because of altercations in this forum......and guess who loses out when you guys quit posting- JS!
No, you are not wrong and yes there are MANY that no longer post here. I am a taxpayer and a veteran and I feel that my opinion (right or wrong)matters...to me at least. When I post one (opinion) and I get responses that for all intents and purposes try to make me look like an idiot, you can bet your arse I'll avoid making too many posts.
There were dozens of rediculous hate attacks on Bush (they are entitled to their feelings and opinions) and Palin and McClain during the campaign were relentless.....and any civil responses were never addressed by the thread starter. When crap like that happens....it makes people avoid the boards entirely....not just this forum. It's pretty bad when an educated contributor to society makes a post and evokes responses like the one above......pitiful IMHO.
Unread 12 Sep 2009, 11:22 AM
Bleeds Midnight Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln View Post
LOL - please tell us what rights (pronounced by your ilk: "rats") that Obama has "taken away".

While you're at it, tell us what policies Obama has invoked that would result in a weaker US Dollar (vs foreign currencies) that differs from W's policies.
Let me preface this by stating I am aware (as usual) Andrew is "telling" us absolutely nothing. Also, if he did, it would be a first.

Are you trying to say the dollar is strong now?

Are you trying to say the Obama and Bush administrations have identical policies?

I mean, wasn't it the $800,000,000,000 stimulus that fixed all that, not just nationally, but on a global scale?

Give you this, Obama's policies do appear to be working on the international "recession". The yen & euro are now at record highs vs. the dollar. Surely 43 didn't do something this week to undo all of 44's hard work.

Quote:
And for kicks, tell us why you're concerned about the food shortage you elude to. I take it you haven't driven across country lately.
Amber waves of grain? Really?!?!?!

Gee. With all the talk of this "since the great depression", that "since the great depression", surely there were apple vendors and breadlines everywhere.

Did BO clean those up ALREADY?!?!?!

Quote:
Okay, I know, I'll give you until Monday so you can reload on the right wing AM radio talking points so you know how to respond.
Yeah, and until then you will be @ HuffPo, and KOS. Your Soros-funded sites need the hits.

We know.

Besides, spinning both ACORN Pimp scandals could take up most of the Left's weekend.

Quote:
Surprised you didn't mention how Obama wants to commit genocide with his "secret" plan to wipe republicans out with the H1N1 (swine flu) "vaccine".
That would be if taking a page from your playbook were fashionable.

Only I seem to think it is.

How about... Swine Flu HATES small government, and personal responsibility.

Swine Flu HATES Carter Era unemployment rates.

Swine Flu HATES Salvadoran dependents.

Need to polish that one up...
My Facebook Profile
If you can read this, thank a Teacher. If it is in English, thank a Soldier.

Unread 16 Sep 2009, 09:06 PM
Lost in the Woods(again)

As for me, not much has changed. Once again my health issurance went up another $40 per month. Property taxes went up (due to value gone up this time).

Actually, the biggest change has been on talk radio. I can not stand it anymore. Both sides seem to have gotten more angry. Neither sides wants to discuss anything just make stupid statements in hopes to get their name on the 6 o'clock news.

Also now the Reps are on the board complaining about the president while the Dems have disappeared.

Now back to being ripped for having different opinion than 90% of the world.
Unread 07 Nov 2009, 12:47 AM

Thanks Obama for now screwing veterans . You have signed a bill that now CHARGES vets a co-pay for even preventive medicine visits. I received my first bill yesterday for a visit to the VA clinic for bloodwork. It's not the amount...it's the principle.

Millions of illegals are getting a free ride in this country and you have the audacity to stick it to us...the very people that gave/give you the freedom to do what you do...you no good son of a biatch.