Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Golf
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Golf FORE!

Unread 27 Apr 2010, 11:39 AM
Coach

Default Quail Hollow Championship

Taking place at the Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte NC. The course has one of the toughest finishes out there as holes 16, 17, and 18 are usually ranked among the hardest holes on all the tour. OHASE is the defending champ and the winner gets $1,152,000.

Allenby, Robert
Appleby, Stuart
Austin, Woody
Baddeley, Aaron
Bohn, Jason
Byrd, Jonathon
Cabrera, Angel
Calcavecchia, Mark
Campbell, Chad
Cink, Stewart
Chopra, Daniel
Couples, Fred
Curtis, Ben
Day, Jason
Dufner, Jason
Duval, David
Faxon, Brad
Franco, Carlos
Frazar, Harrison
Furyk, Jim
Gay, Brian
Glover, Lucas
Goggin, Matthew
Haas, Bill
Harrington, Padraig
Henry, J.J.
Herron, Tim
Hoffman, Charley
Holmes, J.B.
Howell III, Charles
Imada, Ryuji
Immelman, Trevor
Johnson, Dustin
Johnson, Richard
Johnson, Zach
Kim, Anthony
Kuchar, Matt
Laird, Martin
Love III, Davis
Mahan, Hunter
Marino, Steve
Matteson, Troy
Mayfair, Billy
McCarron, Scott
McNeil, George
Mediate, Rocco
Merrick, John
Mickelson, Phil
Molder, Bryce
Moore, Ryan
Na, Kevin
O'Hair, Sean
Ogilvie, Joe
Ogilvy, Geoff
Owen, Greg
Pampling, Rod
Perez, Pat
Perry, Kenny
Petrovic, Tim
Pettersson, Carl
Piercy, Scott
Purdy, Ted
Quigley, Brett
Quinney, Jeff
Reavie, Chez
Riley, Chris
Romero, Andres
Sabbatini, Rory
Scott, Adam
Senden, John
Singh, Vijay
Slocum, Heath
Snedeker, Brandt
Streelman, Kevin
Sutherland, Kevin
Taylor, Vaughn
Toms, David
Trahan, D.J.
Van Pelt, Bo
Villegas, Camilo
Wagner, Johnson
Watney, Nick
Watson, Bubba
Weekley, Boo
Wilson, Mark
Woods, Tiger

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 27 Apr 2010, 05:28 PM

Thanks Mark....this is a top shelf tournament at a top shelf venue. I was planning to go this year but am unable to....Charlotte's only 4 hours or so away from me. Anyway...here's a little ditty about this tourn and club from the PGA tour

The Quail Hollow Championship was honored by the PGA TOUR at the TOUR's Tournament Advisory Council (TAC) Meetings this week. The Quail Hollow Championship earned "Best In Class" in 2009 for excellence in all phases of tournament operations and attention to detail in their entire presentation, including fan features such as an autograph section for children by the driving range, special seating only areas around the greens, a first-class recycling program that increased its recycling volume by almost 50 percent from the previous year and an innovative closed-circuit network around the course displaying leaderboards, sponsor information, tournament trivia and more.
In addition to playing one of the most respected golf courses on TOUR and treating the TOUR players to a first-class experience, the Quail Hollow Championship went above and beyond by offering some of the finest caddie amenities on TOUR and also finished second in voting for Best Tournament Media Operations.
"On behalf of the PGA TOUR, I am thrilled to congratulate the Quail Hollow Championship for the special recognition it has received for its efforts in the area of Best In Class," said Rick George, PGA TOUR executive vice president and chief of operations. "Quail Hollow Club should be extremely proud of its hard work and for being recognized as the best among their peers on the TOUR."
The 2010 Quail Hollow Championship, captured last year by Sean O'Hair, will be held April 26 through May 2 at Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, NC. The event's charity proceeds benefit Teach For America.
"I would like to thank the City of Charlotte who supports us unconditionally," said Quail Hollow Championship Tournament Director Kym Hougham. "Our title sponsor, Wells Fargo, makes all this possible. We also receive tremendous support from all our sponsors, the tournament staff and volunteers. It is very humbling to receive this award."

I think KIMAN is ready to win again....and Tiger loves this course as well. Others that have done well here are a couple of southern boys WATBU and GLOLU. It's a new tournament...starting in 2003.

.tourStoryQuickLinksBot a img{ vertical-align:middle; }
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 29 Apr 2010, 09:16 AM
GM

Many thank yous this week rich for several reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
"I would like to thank the City of Charlotte who supports us unconditionally," said Quail Hollow Championship Tournament Director Kym Hougham. "Our title sponsor, Wells Fargo, makes all this possible. We also receive tremendous support from all our sponsors, the tournament staff and volunteers. It is very humbling to receive this award."
I don't remember exactly when it was that Jim Brown was discussing Tiger and why he does not speak out more on issues that the country faces but this quote is the exact reason why Tiger does not and I mentioned before after he is done playing golf Tiger may well speak out against a variety of issues as he sees fit.

The place they are playing golf this week seems like they have their act really together.

Using the trash for other things is a good idea. People may not realize that trash can be used for all kinds of things after it is done being consumed. There are people that use it in art projects and in some cases it can even be used to produce electricity as well.

And I never even really thought about it but what do people sit on around the greens. Are there benches, a person brings their own chair or what. A person bring their own chair could not be the case because the people in golf want a person to see players perform just like any other sport and if people could bring a chair then some people would not be able to see.

And yes golf is a sport. Golf has a different set of skills required to play but it is just as mental and physical as other sports but just in a different way.

One last thing I would like to mention. People in golf can be so humble. They did mention their charity work but it was not in a way that is look at me I am doing something important. And I am sure golf gives back in many ways to communities across the country and don't seek out attention for it. Just as one example I think the tournament in Memphis collects money for medical needs of kids so the parents can worry about their child getting better. Another example in Las Vegas last year it was Britney's ex husband I can't even remember his name that helped to collect for another charity as well.

Thank you -mmm- for inspiring rich this week in many ways.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.