Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 22 Apr 2007, 09:22 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default Welcome to the rivalry rookie

someone should explain simple etiquette to the red sox. it's just not polite to beat up on a guest (especially a young kid) like that.....

makes you wonder did penwi strike out as a result of pitching or did he just feel bad for the new kid????
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 10:25 PM
Antagonist.

Is Torre panicking bringing in Pettite to pitch the 6th inning?
Unread 22 Apr 2007, 10:56 PM
GM

given the way the rest of the pitchers have thrown this game i wouldn't be suprised to see rivera come in in the 8th.

the amazing thing is as bad as the yankee pitching has been they're still right in this game. if this doesn't prove beyond a doubt they need to find some real pitchers then nothing will.
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 02:10 AM
Hall of Famer

LMFAO

M Rivera (L, 1-2; B, 2) 0.2 3 2 2 0 1 0 14-11 8.44

This guy? AROD has been on FIRE! Yet to see if he can do it in the post. Got a few off Schilling. Later when game was on the line. Nada. Next two games went 2 for 8 with 1 RBI. Still like Jeter better. Yanks still got swept. Red Sox pitching not much better. series was 7-6, 7-5, 7-6 No not a tennis match. Boston just wanted it more. Other major league teams should hide their pitchers. NYY will come a calling and offer the moon. IMO Yankee pitching is horrible but so is Boston's arms. If I had to have one no question I take BoSox staff. I like their team better. AROD has faced TB, BAL, OAK and CLE. Not the best staffs in baseball. Minny had no Santana. Like to see Alex keep it up. It would be nice to see him beat Barry's record the same year he passes Hank Aaron. Sorta overshadow him.

BACK-BACK-BACK------U kidding me-BACK!!!!! NEver saw 3 w/o a hook. 4 was almost cruel. Also Dice-K nailin Jeter and Arod. He did look remorseful. He did tip his cap after. Anyways. Still not an Alex fan. hink he shoulda been shipped for some young arms. Instead it will be 10-8 and 7-9 wins and losses.

I'll ask U this Hork. Any thoughts in to why Arod is hitting so well? Contract year? He will walk after this season. Fans won't boo him this post-season. There will be NO post-season for them this year. Any arguments other?
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 07:29 AM

Injuries

LF Hideki Matsui Hamstring DL
SP Mike Mussina Hamstring DL
SP Carl Pavano Forearm DL
C Jorge Posada Thumb Questionable
SP Humberto Sanchez Elbow DL
RP Jose Veras Elbow DL
SP Chien-Ming Wang Hamstring DL

3 of their starters on the DL.....take Boston's staff.........the Yanks will be in the post season and Arod will be the American League MVP.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 08:45 AM
GM

I was kind of surprised that dice k was not exactly Roger out there.

He is a totally different pitcher when he has runners on base.

And the Yankees did not even have two of their starting hitters even playing.

The Yankees hitters 7-9 are not exactly the Bronx Bombers.

And yes the Yankees obviously need some pitching but so does everyone else.

Pitching does not come cheap, in terms of actual dollar amount and what a team has to give up to get premium pitching, and teams are going to want something back in return if they even give up a middle of rotation kind of starter.

Even decent pitching is scarce right now.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 09:29 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Not the first time this season Pettite has come in for an inning of relief.

www.fairtax.org

Unread 23 Apr 2007, 02:09 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpeter72 View Post
The Yankees hitters 7-9 are not exactly the Bronx Bombers.
And Varitek Crisp and Pedroia are a regular muderer's row.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Rich I totally agree and it sucks to be a fan sometimes. Wang and Godirra are the main one. Pavano is horrible and Mussina old. But u really listing these 2?::: SP Humberto Sanchez Elbow DL RP Jose Veras Elbow DL

Right now AROD looks like a fav for the MVP. Riddle me this? Does he get it if they are below .500 ? ? ? He did in Texas. I just think it stinks. He has done well. But I hate to say it. Besides the Granny he needs to do it in a big game. Against Boston after the 4 score and 1 inning ago he came up after Jeter got the HR to tie and struck out badly. Yankees should trade him while he is hot and before he walks and u get nada. Contract year. Need to get pitching from him. If not it will keep happening. Or they can sign him to another multi-year deal. But why no talk of that? I hope he breaks Barry's record.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Rich I totally agree and it sucks to be a fan sometimes. Wang and Godirra are the main one. Pavano is horrible and Mussina old. But u really listing these 2?::: SP Humberto Sanchez Elbow DL RP Jose Veras Elbow DL
Mussina is old? Are Schilling/Johnson/Clemmons/Wakefield/Hernandez/Traschel/Contreras/Batista
and many others not OLD as well? Mussina averages right at 15 wins per year (incl 15 last year) and is a good pitcher....not a GREAT pitcher, but I would take on my team anytime. As long as he's still winning.....and he will.....he's not too old.

Quote:
Right now AROD looks like a fav for the MVP. Riddle me this? Does he get it if they are below .500 ? ? ? He did in Texas. I just think it stinks. He has done well. But I hate to say it. Besides the Granny he needs to do it in a big game. Against Boston after the 4 score and 1 inning ago he came up after Jeter got the HR to tie and struck out badly. Yankees should trade him while he is hot and before he walks and u get nada. Contract year. Need to get pitching from him. If not it will keep happening. Or they can sign him to another multi-year deal. But why no talk of that? I hope he breaks Barry's record.
you say....."he has done well but he needs to do it in a big game". Give me a freakin break Troy......NOBODY can do it every game. Give him credit for tying some games....give him some credit for a few "getting ahead" a few times with big hits....the man has 14 HR's (and done faster than ANYONE HAS EVER done it to open a season) and 34 rbi's. Why on erth should/would we talk of getting rid of him....that's just the epitome of ignorance. Our pitching staff will be back to some semblance of normalcy by the end of next week and we'll see what happens then. If we need a pitcher or two we'll go BUY one or two....
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 01:33 PM
GM

hard to consider any game in april a big game but he does have two walk offs so far this year and i'd consider those to be game changing.

as a side not who is godiraa? i know after the spiel you gave last week concerning imus you wouldn't have the balls to be making a backhanded slap against the japanese (read as ethnic slur) would you? i'd like to think it a typo but there's just a bit too much distance between the "l" and the "r"
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 06:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Rich I understand what he is doing is great. BUT. If U ask the guy to re-sign and he does not. If U go into the trade deadline with a losing record. Does it make sense to get HUGE value out of a hot commodity? Or let him walk for free? As for Hork I thought that's what people call him. Godzilla is taken and copyrighted. When people refer to him I THOUGHT they rolled R's in the middle. U say tor-till-a I say tor-tee-ya. U look for smoke a lot dude. Keep your political crap out of here. Imus was wrong but this is a free country.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 06:26 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Rich I understand what he is doing is great. BUT. If U ask the guy to re-sign and he does not. If U go into the trade deadline with a losing record. Does it make sense to get HUGE value out of a hot commodity? Or let him walk for free? As for Hork I thought that's what people call him. Godzilla is taken and copyrighted. When people refer to him I THOUGHT they rolled R's in the middle. U say tor-till-a I say tor-tee-ya. U look for smoke a lot dude. Keep your political crap out of here. Imus was wrong but this is a free country.
i call BS Troy. I dont want to get in the middle of this, But he is called by fans and the media, Godzilla. Why cant you do the same? Instead referring to the stereotype from the movies of Japanese people calling the monster, Godzirra because of their accent.
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 06:34 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
U look for smoke a lot dude. Keep your political crap out of here. Imus was wrong but this is a free country.
Make up your mind. Is it a free country where you can speak your mind only when it agrees with you?
Unread 24 Apr 2007, 07:10 PM