Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 29 Nov 2020, 11:56 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default Good luck Kendall Hinton!!!

Can anyone come up with a remotely logical explanation for why the Broncos are being forced to play their game today and not get it postponed?

ALL THREE of their regular quarterbacks have been ruled out due to Covid. NOT because any have tested positive, but because they were close to a coach who did and weren't wearing masks at the time.

Now, on the one hand, there was plenty of talk FOR THIS VERY REASON that a team's quarterbacks shouldn't BE in the same place at the same time indoors, but on the other hand....what the hell is the league's criteria in deciding a team should play or whether the league would move their game to another day? One criteria was that there was continuous spread thru the week- positives on multiple days. So, are the Broncos being punished....because they did NOT have that?!

Anyway, so the Broncos tried to persuade the league to let them activate one of their coaches to play- no go. So today's quarterback is Kendall Hinton- a kid who has yet to play an NFL snap and barely even played in college at Wake Forest.

How is the league going to react if they get this kid killed today? For that matter, if the Broncos have to dig this deep for a starter, who is their backup?

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 30 Nov 2020, 01:06 PM
#3 of 80+ trillionaires!

He did complete a pass after all. I drafted him for one of my fantasy teams since he was a qb eligible as a wr but fortunately didn't start him. Yes it doesn't seem fair. Would it have helped to move the game to tuesday like Pittsburgh and Baltimore?
Unread 01 Dec 2020, 07:31 PM
JSAdmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrune56 View Post
He did complete a pass after all. I drafted him for one of my fantasy teams since he was a qb eligible as a wr but fortunately didn't start him. Yes it doesn't seem fair. Would it have helped to move the game to tuesday like Pittsburgh and Baltimore?
Lotta weird going on....like the game tomorrow being played tomorrow AFTERNOON, supposedly so as not to interfere with the prime time Christmas tree lighing ceremony

I wonder if part of the deal was that those QBs weren't going to be eligible until later this week, so why postpone since they're trying not to postpone entire weeks (even tho tomorrow's game is basically that, but will be part of the same schedule week) Denver QBs can finally return tomorrow.

Meanwhile the Steelers have been hosed schedule wise twice now, but still benefit from facing a depleted Ravens team, and the Saints got a break playing a QBless opponent.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 02 Dec 2020, 01:03 PM

Making Denver play when they did was a debacle and extremely unfair (Did Elway piss off someone in the league office?)

Starting time for today's game is also a joke. Many WORKING fans will miss most of the game. The decision was a network one in order, as Orren said, to broadcast the tree lighting in NYC. It'll be interesting to see what thier viewership numbers are for, IMO, the lighting of the fugliest tree ever dispalyed in Rockefeller Center in my lifetime.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 02 Dec 2020, 07:20 PM
JSAdmin

Not that I still agree with it, but I heard an interview with commissioner Gotohell today explaining the reasoning resulting in how they handled the Ravens situation vs the Broncos situation.

He said teams were told before the season ever started that postponements would be made based on medical situations. The Baltimore situation involved medical issues while the Broncos did not. His words.

If the Broncos had no medical issue, why were all those QBs ruled out? Oh wait, because a coach tested positive...a medical issue, I believe.