Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Fantasy Sports Talk > JFCL
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JFCL For JFCL chat specifically

Unread 09 Mar 2014, 07:25 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I did just think of something, tho....the scoring mentioned is based on making all picks for the entire tournament before the tournament starts.......so would that still be a logical system when you can pick each round separately? And IS the fact our Pick'em requires making picks daily rather than all at once a problem...especially for those JFCL members who've not been active on JS?

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 11:22 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerbaz View Post
Everyone could always print out a bracket, make their picks and e-mail it to me. I would post results/standings after each day of games.

Just a thought.

Chuck
Thanks for offering, but somewhat of a pain in my opinion.
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 11:28 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
I did just think of something, tho....the scoring mentioned is based on making all picks for the entire tournament before the tournament starts.......so would that still be a logical system when you can pick each round separately? And IS the fact our Pick'em requires making picks daily rather than all at once a problem...especially for those JFCL members who've not been active on JS?
NCAA, March Madness, Brackets.
Unfortunately I think we are scrambling so whatever Dave can put together quickly I think we need to go with.
Unread 10 Mar 2014, 02:13 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I am unable to sign in without the cell no. I have sent Yahoo several emails. They don't seem to understand the problem. There initial response was to go online and see what other people were doing to sign up. They wanted last night a detailed step by step procedure of what I was doing to sign up. I did that tonight then got the following response that included mine was that they were considering the case closed if they didn't here from me in 72 hours. My response to them was that you evidently can't read emails. I am waiting to see what they say next.

I also play almost all of the games on ESPN and I like it much better than the current format that Yahoo is using. Why don't we change over to ESPN?
Unread 10 Mar 2014, 08:58 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirds View Post

I also play almost all of the games on ESPN and I like it much better than the current format that Yahoo is using. Why don't we change over to ESPN?
I agree.
Anyone have bad experience with ESPN games?
Anyone else like it?

Unread 10 Mar 2014, 07:53 PM
JSAdmin

While I would love for you guys to use what we have here (and maybe bring back a few who've faded away) I also want you guys to have what you want in a competition.

So, while none of this is my decision, here's how I see it

1.) I can easily make some adjustments to my scoring system for March Madness Pick'em. It's not tied to any other comp, so if the winner gets 1,000 points instead of the 100 we've 'normally' had, no problem. A negative? People would have to make picks daily, not the whole bracket at once (at least without some programming) and not everyone in the JFCL logs into JS these days

2.) I ran into this spread that could be utilized...but I don't know what your scoring normally is. This spread would need to be updated, obviously, with the 2014 bracket layout and people could just type a 1 for the 'score' to pick each game's winner.

3.) Obviously, there are other places besides Yahoo...so if you guys just opt to do this on ESPN, so be it.

It's funny, I had every intention this winter of thinking of a way for us to have actual brackets here..or the equivalent..it didn't happen and you guys don't want to wait until this weekend to find out if I come up with something else.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 11 Mar 2014, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

I won't give my cell number to Yahoo...

I don't really want to go to ESPN but if the majority want to go there that's fine with me, but there are a lot of other sites that have free March Madness bracket contests where you can set up private groups...
Unread 11 Mar 2014, 05:16 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayOw View Post
I won't give my cell number to Yahoo...

I don't really want to go to ESPN but if the majority want to go there that's fine with me, but there are a lot of other sites that have free March Madness bracket contests where you can set up private groups...
I think we want a site not just for March Madness but all the comps we play. Suggestions welcome.

Reasons either way helpful.
Unread 12 Mar 2014, 09:36 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

good grief!

I sent invites to members for espn site. It doesn't work the way i had hoped.

the pool is named 'JFCL'....and Jerry found it...but not with the ease it should.

bit of a mess...
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 12 Mar 2014, 12:46 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beast View Post
good grief!

I sent invites to members for espn site. It doesn't work the way i had hoped.

the pool is named 'JFCL'....and Jerry found it...but not with the ease it should.

bit of a mess...
I should have been able to guess that group as that is consistent with what you usually do. Password same also - jockstocks.

After March Madness we will have some time before football to make a decision about the others. Personally I haven't liked Yahoo for awhile now.

Wish a few more would give opinions about ESPN or recommend any other site they are using.
Unread 12 Mar 2014, 02:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Wish a few more would give opinions about ESPN or recommend any other site they are using.
FWIW: I have tried to use ESPN in the past and have had a poor experience...
Unread 12 Mar 2014, 04:30 PM
JSAdmin

the problem is, to stay with free competitions, you're pretty much limited to a few big name sites...not sure even CBS is free anymore...Fox is I believe, NBC isn't...other sites like CDM and Sporting News aren't...not sure about usatoday...

so, it's Yahoo, ESPN, or Fox to get 'em all in one place?

....yet another reason Nick and I need to get our butts in gear here

Unread 14 Mar 2014, 02:11 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I didn't see any email from you to play the March Maddnes on ESPN. I did receive your invite for Yahoo.
Unread 14 Mar 2014, 08:41 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirds View Post
I didn't see any email from you to play the March Maddnes on ESPN. I did receive your invite for Yahoo.
Go to espn, the fantasy link, and sign up for tournament challenge.

Then join the group
JFCL

password
jockstocks
Unread 14 Mar 2014, 09:06 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Thanks.