Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > The Fun Lounge
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Fun Lounge Got a joke to share? A favorite video?
Wanna talk video games?
Or just talk about....whatever..

Unread 06 Sep 2007, 11:11 PM
All Pro

Default okay I know this is off the wall

But about 6 months ago I was living in a house hold of 4 adults and 2 kids. And only 1 refrigerator. I didnt have a place to buy or store groceries. So I was living off of Fast Food and Pizza and Regular soda all the time. I bloomed my body up to 215 lbs.
Highest I have ever been.
So I moved out with my best friend and I now have proper storage for my groceries. With proper diet (only diet soda,water, OJ, no fast food, no pizza, no chocolate) in about 4-5 months I am down to 177. I have never felt better before. I can also jog 2 miles a day.

So for anyone who is trying to lose weight. And is having a hard time doing so. I recommend this. Watch for foods/drinks with high SODIUM. Sodium is salt. It makes you retain water. Same thing with Sugar content. A lot think GATORADE is good for you. Well look at the SUGAR and SALT in it. Its not.
Now another thing. For people that actually excersise during there dieting. That is great. You know if your in top shape your suppose to eat like 8 times a day. Any food you intake it has calories in it. Calories is what gives you energy. So if you eat a $6 dollar burger from Carls Jr you will be getting like 2000 calories with large fries. That is NOOO JOKE. 1 freaking meal. So those 2000 calories you will have to burn off in your work out. I feel sorry for anyone who has to do that. to make it short. Whatever calories you eat. Make sure you use that energy to burn them out. And dont be afraid to eat a lot if you work out.
Unread 07 Sep 2007, 08:54 AM
GM

This is actually a very good topic. As I have mentioned before I try to eat as little fast food as possible. I try my best to eat fast food about once a month. And yes I feel a lot better when I don't eat fast food or when I eat out than when I do!

Ibzilly talks about eating at Carl Jrs. These are also very "empty" calories imo as well. What I mean by that a person after eating this food will more than likely eat a lot more than if it did not eat at Carl Jrs. This is partly I believe because the body is more than likely craving things that it is not getting in a fast food meal. At least for me I am very hungry after I eat out and I do eat much more when I eat out than I would normally. And no I am not just talking about the fast food.

The smaller the portions the better. And I am talking about just about every food out there. The exceptions to this are fruits and vegetables. Those must be eaten in moderation as well. I may have also mentioned before especially with people that eat fast food all the time or very frequently. Just eating smaller portions when eating fast food or eating out over the long term adds up over time.

Just for me again I found things that have what I have described earlier as "empty" calories I was able to replace them with much healthier alternatives such as other foods like apples and vegetables. That does not mean I don't eat these other things I just eat them a lot less often than I did in the past. And as I said before I feel a whole lot better.

And when I really think about it by far the biggest change I made was what I was eating and I must admit it was difficult when I first made these changes but my body now almost expects me to eat food that are much healthier for me. I feel much more lethargic and even tired when I eat foods that are much less healthy than the foods that are much healthier.

I fully realize that I may sound a little "preachy" in what I am saying and people know most of what I am saying already. I just wanted to pass along my own experience.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Reason: No changes!
Unread 07 Sep 2007, 09:10 AM
GM

I would like to mention one other thing. Ibzilly talked about jogging and exercise is always good but walking is just as good as running.

It is how far a person goes and not how fast they get there. I did an experiment years ago about how many calories were burned when walking or running up stairs and yes running up the stairs did burn off more calories but there was an extremely small difference in how much calories were burned between the two.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 07 Sep 2007, 10:33 AM
Coach

My best friend's sister last year lost 20-odd pounds and has kept it off. All she did was stopped drinking her daily bottle of Diet Pepsi and instead drank water, and walked at least a mile a day (theres not much difference between walking and jogging for exercise, other than what you'd prefer).

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 08 Sep 2007, 12:09 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Its not about what you eat... Its not about how much you eat... Its not about how fast you eat it... Its all about what you DO after you eat it.

I'm a fast food guy... (just lunch and sometimes dinner - depends on my mood)

I did cut my fast food breakfast out of my lifestyle these past 9 months...

Last winter I was pushing 280... Probably even went over it and didn't know...

Well I started fishing 3/4 times a week and walking more at work... (changed the layout of the store so, I had to walk more)

Then in July, I bought a canoe, I started canoein 3/4 times a week.....

All in all, I went to the docs for the 1st time in a year or more and I was down under 250...

As I sit here and think... I didn't really change my life style.. I still eat fastfood for lunch ... and I still drink my 5-7 cans of Mt. Dew a day...

But I simply changed what I was doing after work.. Getting out, and doing something changes everything.. I believe I simply went fishing all the time helped me lose the weight I did...

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 09 Sep 2007, 11:03 AM
All Pro

LOD. Your right it does matter what you do after you eat. But I will tell you this. You supplement your Mountain Dew for Water or a Diet soda and stop eating your fast food for Sandwich you will be under 200lbs in 4 months. MOUNTAIN DEW is the WORST. You can taste the syrup as it goes down your throat. 6 CANS a day? Good Grief.
Unread 09 Sep 2007, 11:06 AM

you can forget diet sodas. one of the main ingredients is aspartame....look that up....or not...look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy and here:
http://www.wnho.net/aspartamenews.htm
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no

Unread 15 Sep 2007, 10:22 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

You have to pretty much quit drinking pop in general just because of the carbanation....

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back