Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > RRRRacing
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RRRRacing Racecar spelled backwards...is still Racecar!

Unread 07 Jan 2010, 05:07 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default Danica Patrick

Quote:
In a move that was seemingly years in the making, Danica Patrick announced in early December that she will give NASCAR a try, beginning with running a part-time schedule for Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s JR Motorsports in the triple-A Nationwide Series.

While Patrick has yet to accomplish anything in a stock car, she trumps Johnson simply because of her appeal. More than any other driver – open wheel or stock car – Patrick is a crossover star, meaning she attracts race fans and non-race fans alike.

Though her “wow” moment won’t come until she makes her debut on Feb. 6 in Daytona in the ARCA series, so far she’s doing all the right things leading up to her moonlighting experiment. She’s willing to start at the bottom and work her way up; she’s not promising anything but what’s on the immediate horizon – i.e., she’s making no Cup Series predictions; and she came right out and said it’s probably not a good idea to make her debut in the 2010 Nationwide opener at Daytona, which is essentially a Cup race in different cars.

With apologies to Johnson and the rest of the NASCAR world, whatever Patrick does on the track in 2010 will be the biggest story of the weekend, a fact demonstrated earlier this month when she drew a minor media circus at an ARCA test in Daytona – an event that without her would have gone mostly undocumented. Some race fans can’t and won’t understand why this is. But it’s simple, really – like it or not, a lot of people want to know what Danica Patrick is up to.
I'm all for giving someone a chance...but the media is acting like this is the second coming of Tiger Woods!
If she is going to succeed, the media must back-off...but they won't!...It's WHY she is getting a chance...she's pretty and has car sense.
Really NOT headline worthy...let alone top story of the year!!! Pulllease!!

I'll be rooting for her, but mostly because she is a female trying to make her mark on a male dominated industry. I think her quite capable as a driver, just not... 'special'!
I hope she makes me eat my words and wins multiple races....but I can't see her winning any!
She certainly is built for speed!!!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 07:26 PM
Coach

She is not going to succeed. Last week she looked scared crapless. This week is no different. She is not used to this type of racing. Nascar is not as finesse as Formula 1 or Arca. She will continue to be in the bottom 10 of racers and excuses will pile. Last week there was a wreck and she went straight into it. She is just hype and cute compared to all the other racers. If she gets a top 10 finish I will crap my pants.
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 07:28 PM
Coach

LOL ESPN just had 3 straight commercials all Patrick.
Unread 01 Nov 2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
She is not going to succeed. Last week she looked scared crapless. This week is no different. She is not used to this type of racing. Nascar is not as finesse as Formula 1 or Arca. She will continue to be in the bottom 10 of racers and excuses will pile. Last week there was a wreck and she went straight into it. She is just hype and cute compared to all the other racers. If she gets a top 10 finish I will crap my pants.
She has had 2 top 10's ..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKcOaM790DY
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no