Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 18 May 2007, 04:48 AM
Hall of Famer

3 verrry funnny posts in a row. I will name the award. The Reggie van Street Sense award....Given to a Triple Crown of funny posts in a row.

Award named after the next Triple Crown winner Street Sense. Yeah I picked him before Derby with Curlin 3rd but Hard Spun was not 1 of the 6 horses I put in for 2nd. Nice job guys. Good stuff.
Unread 18 May 2007, 05:00 AM
Resident Limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
3 verrry funnny posts in a row. I will name the award. The Reggie van Street Sense award....Given to a Triple Crown of funny posts in a row.

Award named after the next Triple Crown winner Street Sense. Yeah I picked him before Derby with Curlin 3rd but Hard Spun was not 1 of the 6 horses I put in for 2nd. Nice job guys. Good stuff.
Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Unread 18 May 2007, 05:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
a good choice but why not pick someone from your favorite team. for example, young.
Reds HAVE been my favorite team since '77...DBacks only here a decade or so. So when they play ea other I hope they split the series and score lots O runs. They usually make up 50% of my fantasy team. Right now I am looking into possible 5 guys. See who O leaves off. Here are some I am considering:
Jack Cust
Ian Kinsler
Aaron Hill
Kelly Johnson
Chris Young

Boo Weekley (Love the Name)
ASU QB (Love the idea)
Micah Owings (Good young DBack arm)

Most of these ERAs are decent. But best pitcher has 2 wins??? How many teams can say their pitcher with the best record only has 2 wins?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/Statis...etype=pitching
Unread 18 May 2007, 05:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Ok I was curious so I looked at stats for all staffs. Wash, KC, and Tex all have 2 starters with 3 wins and KC actually had 1 with 4 wins. NYY has had a hot offense and lil pitching early and recently lil offense and good pitching. They put it together and they will make playoffs. Roger could have thge team lead in wins if he wins his first 3 starts. It is early to dream but.... Randy vs. Schilling maybe.....Randy vs. Roger? Hopefully. We play both BOS and NYY.
Unread 18 May 2007, 11:00 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:

what ever makes you feel better about yourself....

Can't get away from poking and prodding, can you? And dont give me any bull---- about, "I was just trying to be funny". You are still making fun of the Reggies we hand out just because you were the so called "victim" of the last Reggie. Get over it. Get over yourself.

Thanks for killing the boards, dickweed.
Unread 18 May 2007, 03:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Wow I try to make a spin on an award and get called Dickweed...Thought we spoke and buried any hatchet. Hmmm....Hard to figure who this is coming from. Storm are U really upset I thought they were funny / awarded them?
Unread 18 May 2007, 04:53 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Wow I try to make a spin on an award and get called Dickweed...Thought we spoke and buried any hatchet. Hmmm....Hard to figure who this is coming from. Storm are U really upset I thought they were funny / awarded them?
you are so full of ----...."I try to make a "spin" on an award..."

whatever.
Unread 18 May 2007, 05:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Sorry u feel this way. People can have fun here but when I do I am a dickweed? Nice name callin. I thought we were good. Guess we will cease to speak to each other also. It is for the bettermeant of the forums just to avoid these conflicts where one person is having fun and the other chastizes him for having fun and callin him a dickweed. I seriously thought all 3 were funny and worthy of me acknowledging them. If it were an accomplishments I could of called it a Street Sense Emmitt. But after whining it is on hold too.

I will leave it up to u Storm. I respect your opinion and think U offer a lot of insight to these forums. I would like to discuss various issues in and out of sports with you. The ball is in your court. Either pass it or Horry me.
Unread 18 May 2007, 05:33 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Aw, man! I just came up with a good idea! Let's see if I can put this in order.

1. First I can keep poking in a not-so-subtle manner on these boards...
2. Then I can play, "What? Me? I'm just an innocent victim. Why does everyone pick on me?"...
3. Then I can start a fight...
4. Then I can get suspended...
5. Then I can come back and apologize.
6. After repeating steps 1-5 about 6 times I'll finally get pissed and sell off all my port and quit....
7. Then I'll get banned from the game...
8. Then I can log in under a different 911...I mean name...and get to about step 2 before one of the admins bans my IP.
9. Then I'll wait a few months and log in again. I can start right back at step 1!

This is sweet! I'll patent this idea and make J$ BILLIONS!

On second thought...Now that I look at my plan outlined in writing, it does seem rather pathetic, doesn't it?
Unread 18 May 2007, 05:55 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Sorry u feel this way. People can have fun here but when I do I am a dickweed? Nice name callin. I thought we were good. Guess we will cease to speak to each other also. It is for the bettermeant of the forums just to avoid these conflicts where one person is having fun and the other chastizes him for having fun and callin him a dickweed. I seriously thought all 3 were funny and worthy of me acknowledging them. If it were an accomplishments I could of called it a Street Sense Emmitt. But after whining it is on hold too.

I will leave it up to u Storm. I respect your opinion and think U offer a lot of insight to these forums. I would like to discuss various issues in and out of sports with you. The ball is in your court. Either pass it or Horry me.
1st...we were never "good". You sent me a PM asking why I was pissed at you...I replied and told you why...and guess what...same ol same ol.

2nd...You know, even if you did it honestly not trying to poke fun at the emmitt, it smells like horse do-do given your history on these boards.

3rd...I LOVE to debate...I've told you that. But you make it REALLY difficult to debate.

4th...I'm sorry I called you a dickweed...that was uncalled for and makes me look like a hypocrite seeing as that is one of my biggest pet peaves about you.

5th...This is getting sickening. I hate this. The boards have been busy lately with ---- like this. You make some assinine comment or say something to egg someone one (like me or rich or ken) and then we have no choice but to respond. And guess what...it turns into this. Im sure newbies love reading it too.

so with that, I'd like to apologize to everyone here, especially Orren who probably just reads this crap and then rolls his eyes and says, "Great...WTF am I supposed to do now."

Sorry.
Unread 18 May 2007, 06:43 PM
All Pro

PM THIS CRAP. Enough is Enough. How does a thread go from IPO's to name calling????

Would like to make a suggestion. If you have a grudge against someone and feel the need to post in a rude manner. DO IT IN PM...... Everyone doesnt need to see your dispute. Dont need others getting involved in it.

We all love the game. But if you feel like you need to post on every comment then you prolly need to step away from the computer and give your BUM a rest. Especially if your getting that upset over a comment someone said on a sports GAME.
Unread 18 May 2007, 09:49 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibzilly View Post
PM THIS CRAP. Enough is Enough. How does a thread go from IPO's to name calling????

Would like to make a suggestion. If you have a grudge against someone and feel the need to post in a rude manner. DO IT IN PM...... Everyone doesnt need to see your dispute. Dont need others getting involved in it.

We all love the game. But if you feel like you need to post on every comment then you prolly need to step away from the computer and give your BUM a rest. Especially if your getting that upset over a comment someone said on a sports GAME.

Fine....---- it.

Goodbye....
Unread 19 May 2007, 02:15 AM
Hall of Famer

R U Serious??? Who is whispering in your ear? I have been nothing but nice to U. I have never ONCE asked you not to speak your mind. Why put this on me? Who is pulling your strings from behind the scenes. We're not stupid here.
Stop with the dramatics and whoa is me I am done crap. I did that. It just made me feel foolish. I came in here to get my mind off another dissapointment for an NBA Championship for my Suns. Not toe read the signature thank Troy. I didn't even say anything. You have got mad 4 times when OTHER people told U to stop the bashing and take it to PMs. I did that. Thought we were good or at LEAST communicating your frustration with people telling you what to do. I tried to speak to U about it yet you drug this 1-man fight back here in public. Of course their gonna AGAIN tell U to take it private. Me and U have absolutely no beef. Why or who is making U beef with me? I have done NADA but say I RESPECT your OPINION and love hearing your side of things. I never called U names and hold no grudges. Can we move on? Change your sig.? I did NADA to U. ENOUGH!!!!!
Unread 19 May 2007, 10:14 AM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
R U Serious??? Who is whispering in your ear? I have been nothing but nice to U. I have never ONCE asked you not to speak your mind. Why put this on me? Who is pulling your strings from behind the scenes. We're not stupid here.
Stop with the dramatics and whoa is me I am done crap. I did that. It just made me feel foolish. I came in here to get my mind off another dissapointment for an NBA Championship for my Suns. Not toe read the signature thank Troy. I didn't even say anything. You have got mad 4 times when OTHER people told U to stop the bashing and take it to PMs. I did that. Thought we were good or at LEAST communicating your frustration with people telling you what to do. I tried to speak to U about it yet you drug this 1-man fight back here in public. Of course their gonna AGAIN tell U to take it private. Me and U have absolutely no beef. Why or who is making U beef with me? I have done NADA but say I RESPECT your OPINION and love hearing your side of things. I never called U names and hold no grudges. Can we move on? Change your sig.? I did NADA to U. ENOUGH!!!!!
I will tell you this much...and this will be my last post.

What and where and when you say something, it WILL be picked apart by a fine toothed comb. Even though you may say something you didnt mean to, or you meant to say it in jest...on Message Boards that kind of thing doesnt show up so well.

All I'm saying is be careful what you say. I'm man enough to admit I've been stupid and man enough to say sorry here and in previous posts to the JS community and Orren...Are you?
Unread 19 May 2007, 11:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Totally. I apologize for making anyone upset. I guess I made some mad enough in the past to never let it go. It is what it is. I love the new sig. BTW. We just watched it for the 10th time. Do U really Love the lamp or just saying it cuz it's in the room....."I love Lamp, ....I love Lamp"

Too funny. "I think I was in love once"..."What was her name?" .."I dont remember...SHe was chinese or Indian and we got it on in a Kmart bathroom"

"I'm pretty sure that's not Love"...Ok I butchered a bit of that. Sorry.