Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 20 Dec 2014, 11:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder gulch View Post
I agree with the O rant.

Here's the other thing nobody brings up. How is it the best interest of the child (and siblings) that the father is barred from being employed at what he does best, something that very few can do at such a high level - at a VERY high salary?

TG
Others have made similar observations regarding the suspension of Ray Rice, whose unemployment hurts his wife, the victim of his abuse who now has to suffer financial loss as well.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
5x Yearly Competition Winner: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)
1x NASCAR Competition Winner: 2021 (2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 20 Dec 2014, 03:46 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProneEisenrott View Post
Others have made similar observations regarding the suspension of Ray Rice, whose unemployment hurts his wife, the victim of his abuse who now has to suffer financial loss as well.
With the money Rice and Peterson have already made I would not include the word suffer when talking of their financial loss.
Unread 22 Dec 2014, 12:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
With the money Rice and Peterson have already made I would not include the word suffer when talking of their financial loss.
I tend to agree.

14x Monthly Competition Winner: 2023 Sep, 2021 Aug/Jul/May, 2017 Feb/Jan, 2016 Feb/Jan, 2015 Dec/Nov/Jan, 2014 Mar/Jan, 2013 Jul
7x Quarterly Competition Winner: 2021Q3, 2017Q1, 2016Q1, 2015Q3/Q1, 2014Q1, 2013Q3
8x PGA Competition Winner: 2020 (1st half), 2017 (1st half) 2016 (1st & 2nd half), 2015 (1st & 2nd half), 2011 (1st & 2nd half)

*** All-time Yearly Portfolio Value Record: $58.5 billion (2015); $57.8B (2017); $57.7B (2016) ***

Unread 22 Dec 2014, 12:28 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

not financial loss, no......but AP got 2 yrs probation where this whole thing can be thrown back at him if he screws up any....Rice didn't get that..he got like 6 months they didn't even officially call probation

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 24 Feb 2015, 11:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Last week AP came out and said he wasn't sure if he wanted to come back to the Vikings because of the way he was treated by the fans.

Now...

Quote:
According to the sources, Dogra engaged in a heated exchange with Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski during which the agent made it clear that Peterson would never play there again. The incident took place during a time when outside parties were in the vicinity. Finally, former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik intervened, separating the men and diffusing the escalating tension, sources said.
Story here.

And anyone that Google's Peterson will note that every fourth story is about how he should end up in Dallas. Well the Vikes hold all the cards right now and can do what they want with him and, imo, if AP truly doesn't want to play in Minnesota next season, the Vikes should make sure he is traded to any team BUT Dallas...of course unless it is like a Herschel Walker-esque trade...

From the Viking fans I have talked too...with the comments he made last week have soured many of his (former) fans.
Unread 24 Feb 2015, 12:53 PM
JSAdmin

It's just getting ridiculous. There's so many rumors, supposed quotes that aren't, supposed things going on behind the scenes that are never substantiated........and now this as well- AP's dad saying he's never demanded a trade nor said he wouldn't play for the Vikings..his agent, however, apparently has...

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/...-play-vikings/

From what I've found, AP has only had one detractor within the organization...and while he's the COO he's by no means speaking for the Wilf's or anyone in the front office.

If AP has actually said some of the things attached to him lately (and some it appears he has) then, for the first time, I would be on board with a trade. The PROBLEM is...if he's being the putz it appears he's trying to be (which a year ago I would have NEVER believed possible), I wouldn't want him to 'get his way' and go to Dallas...but they may be the one team that would give remotely what he's worth in return..assuming we're looking at nothing but the football player and one that has now had a year off from football contact

Vikings fans have definitely talked about a reverse-Herschel...but in today's football that will never happen.

But the last thing I'd like to see here is the Vikings release him and Jerry freaking Jones get to sign AP at the drastic discount most RBs have been forced to settle for the last couple years

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 26 Feb 2015, 08:32 PM
JSAdmin

and now the judge rules in the NFLPA's/AP's favor....but the NFL insists on appealing, despite just being told by the court they have been in the wrong...........and some in the media still think it right that they continue to try his criminal case in the court of public opinion................sickening

lost in all this is that the Vikings have every right to be p'd at the league over it all.....especially if he's not reinstated by March 10 when the league year..and free agency...starts..............they should NOT be penalized by not knowing his status and how to approach free agency and the draft

Unread 03 Mar 2015, 10:15 AM
JSAdmin

and so it continues....when many in the media had AP wearing a silver star on his helmet next season, most Viking fans were hearing nothing of the kind locally and just wanted him back in purple...tho with less respect for him as a person, just for what he is on the field

now it's looking more and more like the impasse is too much....I have no idea what Adrian thinks should have been happening all this time, what the organization should have been doing or saying that they didn't

...but it's looking more and more like what's going on behind the scenes is going thru the 'pre-nup' and working toward a 'divorce' ....this whole experience simply seems to have brought out an ugly bitter side of Adrian. This isn't even the same person we knew and loved less than a year ago.

So, if there is news soon of Adrian being traded...none of us should be surprised anymore. And I just don't understand why this happens to the Vikings seemingly more than other teams. Randy Moss..twice, Percy Harvin...and now AP. At least with the 1st 2 noone was surprised about personality clashes...they clashed before, during, and after wearing a Vikings uniform. But Adrian?

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 02:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

AP's agent comes out and says it directly...

Quote:
We clearly understand he's under contact with the Vikings. After several discussions and much thought, I believe that it's not in his best interest to resume his career in Minnesota...
Ok, so AP doesn't want to play in Minnesota...wouldn't it be in his best interest to keep his (and his agent's) mouth shut? Once other teams know AP wants out of Minnesota his return value is reduced.

And if that is indeed the case, then I think it is clear that Minnesota had the full intention of playing AP in the upcoming season because if they wanted to trade him they would want max value and they would have made it clear to AP to not portray a disgruntled player in an effort to facilitate his departure.

But then again, just offloading his contract might be all the Vikes are really looking for...anything extra would be gravy...

Unread 24 Mar 2015, 08:23 PM
JSAdmin

This whole thing is just getting ridiculous from Adrian's side.
-In December he says he'd like to be one of those players who spent their entire careers with the team that drafted him.
-Yet within a few weeks suddenly the people of Minnesota hadn't treated him or his family well (based on investigations that had gone on and his apparent assumption that the same wouldn't have happened in every other NFL city)
-During this time he said he shouldn't have to restructure his contract (only the media had even asked)
-then his agent Dogcrap started doing the talking...and fighting
-then the recent rumors that despite saying he shouldn't need to restructure, he was supposedly unhappy because he wanted more of his contract guaranteed (he has no guaranteed money left in his contract)

None of this is the AP we all thought we knew and loved right up until mid-Sept 2014. i just can't believe he's doing this and I can't believe the league is just going to let the Vikings get screwed over in all this.

Unread 26 May 2015, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

And now AP's camp is going nuclear...

Threatening to retire rather than play for the Vikings.

Quote:
...some who have talked to Peterson with regularity since his trip to the Commissioner's Exempt List, say he has ruminated on the possibility of retirement more than once, and has seemed less than enthusiastic about the prospect of playing professional football more than once. He has maintained a posture that he would go to great lengths to not have to play for the Vikings again
Unread 26 May 2015, 04:33 PM
JSAdmin

The problem is, the only thing we've actually heard from ADRIAN is an inference that he wants some of his remaining contract guaranteed. Not ONCE have we heard HIM say he absolutely wants out of Minnesota...just his agent.

Most Minnesota fans would prefer Adrian THE PLAYER back in purple...but at this point, most Minnesota fans want Adrian THE PERSON to grow up or get out.

It's sickening, at this point, for him (or his agent) to think it right for a situation HE CAUSED, for which the Vikings still paid most of his salary last year....to result in the team getting absolutely NOTHING in return for owning his rights for 3 more years. IF he was really wanting out, he should be understanding that the LEAST he owes the team is a chance to recoup some of that value...and that is much more difficult to do now that the draft is passed and the Vikings drafted assuming he'd be on the team as his contract calls for.

Many of us would have been just fine trading him before/during the draft and drafting a 1st/2nd day running back with picks received in the trade. Now? What trade would be fair? And how would it be fair to the organization for him to demand a trade or retire to get out of a contract they but noone else at this point is willing to pay?

Unread 26 May 2015, 06:49 PM
All Pro

This could be the biggest swing of public opinion on the character of an individual athlete since Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods. I'm shocked at how Adrian went from revered athlete and dedicated teammate to petulant child abuser bent on ruining his team.

Will the real Peterson please stand up? Or maybe he already has.

Unread 27 May 2015, 12:57 PM
GM

In the strongest terms possible I am not lumping Tiger Woods with the Peterson situation except in one way I will mention a little latter. Ray Rice is the better comparison to Peterson and not Tiger.

There are a lot more people that have a problem with what the two running backs did than what Tiger did. In Peterson's case he disciplined his child in such a way that the State of Texas felt the need to get involved because Peterson broke a state law as far as I remember.

Ray Rice and that video, that did not show everything by the way, also had committed a criminal crime but he got off by marrying the person he did the act to.

Now Tiger did some property damage, involving a fire hydrant and some trees mostly that was his neighbors, around the time of Thanksgiving in 2009. Tiger was ticketed for reckless driving for this incident. But I am pretty sure there was no acts of violence, when I think about it there could have been, involved or we would have heard it in the news for sure.

The last thing I want to mention is that all three of these athletes most certainly had their public image changed by the incidents I have mentioned. But as I mentioned Tiger's situation is very different to me than the other two situations.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 27 May 2015, 02:21 PM
Hall of Famer

Full story here.