Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Golf
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Golf FORE!

Unread 02 Apr 2011, 09:25 AM

Default The Masters

Held at the beautiful and incomparable Augusta National in Georgia. As many of you know it is, no contest, my favorite tournament of the year. The history, the beauty, the difficulty...there's just nothing else like it anywhere on this planet. Take a few minutes and go here: http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html.

The tourn this year at Redstone (Shell Huston Open-being played as I type this) has taken the last few years to create playing conditions similar to Augusta...and they've succeeded...with the help of the agronomy crew from Augusta.

Last years winner (his 3rd Masters) was won by Phil Mickelson and to me...one of the alltime greatest golf shots I've ever seen was made by Phil on the back 9...from the trees and pinestraw to about 8 feet for eagle. I believe that shot won him his 3rd geen jacket.

Also looking forward to pairings. The PGA, this year, has gotten away from their standard pairing practice. They have now sat down and figured out more interesting pairings that would appeal to the public more....can't wait to see what they come upo with this year. Then again...the crew at Augusta has been known to dictate to outsiders THEIR preferences....note that Gary McCord is no longer allowed to be an announcer there due to Tom Watson expressing that he thought McCord was too "irreverent" to be announcing at Augusta.

This place is on my bucket list...not even to play, but merely to have the opportunity to walk and take photos of the course.

and now let's see if I can find some smokin' hot "11's" worthy of the greatest tournament on earth.....

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 02 Apr 2011, 10:06 AM
GM

Triple thank you rich.

Please only pair Tiger and Phil if it comes naturally. I get sick and tired of television announcers mentioning these two golfers like they are the only ones on the golf course. If they are playing well then fine then go right ahead and talk about them. There are other stories to be told I am sure. And if it is an older player that starts off well they get talked about to much as well. Talk about one of my pet peeves.

How do they start The Masters anymore? It used to be some legend(s)? hitting the first shots. Well I guess I will try to start for the beginning next week.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.