Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 18 Sep 2008, 01:20 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymy View Post
You pontificating "son of a gun" (what I typed, not what I meant).

Now I fully understand why Rich will no longer debate this with you. I did not bring her family into this race. YOU DEMOCRATS did and it backfired in your face. At least be man enough to admit it.

I'm done with you....bring on November!
i didn't accuse you of doing that. i was saying that only an --- would try to make it an issue in the election (meaning specifically campaigners and/or candidates) and because i'm sure you misunderstood i'll look past the personal attacks and chalk up the playground antics to a simple misunderstanding

and for the record, when the topic was first discussed here i explicitly said it had no place in the media (in fact i said the same thing about the DUI). the only possible reason i could see for it is because so many in the "moral majority" like to preach how they and their standards are holier than thou. and if they believe what they preach then clearly stories like these make their minds up for them. if however they're full of crap and only spew meaningless and empty rhetoric then game on.

and once again, i'm not a democrat

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan

Unread 18 Sep 2008, 08:11 AM
GM

I had a little epiphany last night on why this should matter to people.

Governor Palin used a powerful office that she had at the state level and abused this power by trying to cover up the fact she used her power as governor for her own personal reasons and benefit and in doing so lied about why she did certain things as governor.

What I just described should remind a person of someone else and don't even really think about it.

So did the president do all of the things I just mentioned about Governor Palin prior to November of 2004. Why yes he did. And what did voters do at that time. The voters gave the president we have now a second term.

So I think it would be very prudent to start coming up with other reasons and this one as well why Governor Palin should not be vice president for the reasons I just mentioned. And don't give me that she is a right wing cook crap because there are plenty of people out there that would vote for Governor Palin and McCain just for that reason alone.

I was watching CNN last night and someone mentioned that Governor Palin is not qualified to be vice president but when it came to the reasons why there was almost no answer at all besides what has been mentioned about her already.

We better start having the ability to articulate why Governor Palin should not be vice president in a meaningful way for people and we have a little less than seven weeks to do so.

So in a way Charles Gibson did do a good job when he interviewed Governor Palin and we already know who thought Mr. Gibson did a bad job and this of course was out of political convenience more than anything.

In the next day or so I will probably find some examples of Governor Palin not being qualified to be vice president in the Charles Gibson interview. Until then.

It may take me a little while though. Just as an example it took me a good part of the day when I went on my little Oberman rant on 9/11.

It sure would be nice to type as fast as people talk but I just do not have that ability and that is part of the reason it will take some time to do what I mentioned before with regards to Governor Palin not being qualified to be vice president.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.

Reason: Unnecessary word when discussing Mr. Gibson. A little error on my part of what office Palin seeks.
Unread 18 Sep 2008, 08:52 AM
GM

In post 16 of this thread I mentioned part of the reason why Gibson and Kouric want to interview Governor Palin and I mentioned part of the reason was to get ratings.

Would someone like to take a wild guess which evening news last week had the most people watching it and also had the most viewers between the ages of 25-54.

"Helped by strong ratings on Thursday and Friday thanks to Charles Gibson's interview with Gov. Sarah Palin, ABC's World News was the top-rated evening news broadcast in both Total Viewers and the A25-54 demo."

Link Here

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 18 Sep 2008, 10:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by P562045 View Post
"Helped by strong ratings on Thursday and Friday thanks to Charles Gibson's interview with Gov. Sarah Palin, ABC's World News was the top-rated evening news broadcast in both Total Viewers and the A25-54 demo."

Link Here
A little off topic... but Charles Gibson is a complete moron. Take away his teleprompter and his 'notes' (that I am sure someone else prepared) and you have a total dolt. I worked the Good Morning America show for a couple of years while he was the host and every morning I was astounded at how stupid he really is...and when I mean stupid, I mean completely and totally clueless about most everything. Just more proof how television/media can make anyone or anything appealing to someone...I about fell over laughing when I heard he was going to be the permanent nightly news anchor that would replace Peter Jennings...