FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JFCL For JFCL chat specifically

Unread 03 Mar 2014, 12:54 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default March Madness 2014

Get your bracket here

Pool ID: 3508
pass: jockstocks
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)

Unread 05 Mar 2014, 12:11 AM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Beast View Post
Get your bracket here

Link doesn't work for me.

There was a problem

You are not a member of this group. (Error #113)
Unread 05 Mar 2014, 11:10 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

apologies all....there seems to be a problem with the link. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Jerry!

some bs about texting confirmation and then of course receiving a bunch of crap mail....

I have now sent invites to all those that i have e-mails for. (save Chuck and Chin who manged it)

If you haven't received an invite and want to play a bracket in the group...drop me your e-mail address and i will send an invite out. It seems to circumvent that cell phone crap.

matchups out on the 16th and small window to get picks in...so being ready doesn't hurt
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)

Unread 07 Mar 2014, 08:22 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I have tried directly from your link and they still want the cell phone crap.
Unread 07 Mar 2014, 03:10 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

I don't know what to say or do!...sorry!

somehow i managed getting in without giving up cell phone stuff.

Hunny tried the normal way by typing in the pool# and pass on the register page and she was directed to the call phone thingy.
So I sent her an invite with all the others and she got the same crap...so I let her use my cell# where they texted her a confirmation #.
Only two have signed up since e-mails were sent so I think there is still a problem.

I'm thinking there is no way past the cell page part (maybe I didn't get it because I started the pool??) because of confirmation bs.
I didn't even read the billion(?) dollar contest because Canadians aren't included. However, I am very sure its because of that sponsor that entrants must give up a gateway for their propaganda...er, advertisements.
Unread 07 Mar 2014, 11:32 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't know what to say or do!...sorry!

somehow i managed getting in without giving up cell phone stuff.

Hunny tried the normal way by typing in the pool# and pass on the register page and she was directed to the call phone thingy.
So I sent her an invite with all the others and she got the same crap...so I let her use my cell# where they texted her a confirmation #.
Only two have signed up since e-mails were sent so I think there is still a problem.

I'm thinking there is no way past the cell page part (maybe I didn't get it because I started the pool??) because of confirmation bs.
I didn't even read the billion(?) dollar contest because Canadians aren't included. However, I am very sure its because of that sponsor that entrants must give up a gateway for their propaganda...er, advertisements.
Switch to ESPN or some other site or count me out.
Will never give my cell num to yahoo.
Unread 08 Mar 2014, 10:34 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

yes.

its a problem.

all i can think of right now is to make March Madness optional?...and leave out of the loop for this year??

I really would like to hear....more!!
Get some more players weighing in....is espn really any better??

Chuck?...whats your take?
lets hear from those that are not playing because of the information requested by yahoo.
lets hear from anybody that has an opinion or a solution, please.
Unread 08 Mar 2014, 02:21 PM
Head Coach

I did baseball on ESPN last year and I liked it better then the Yahoo we were doing.
When my daughter/son-in-law lived here their ESPN fantasy football was a better interface than our Yahoo.

I have not done any other comps at ESPN or any other sites.
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 08:17 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Here's one....use Jockstocks March Madness Pick'em

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 11:24 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Get your bracket here

I didn't get an e-mail

My e-mail is Charlie@rmjj.ca
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 03:18 PM
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
Here's one....use Jockstocks March Madness Pick'em
Use this for the JCFL this year and also experiment (just for fun this year) with a non-Yahoo site with brackets.
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 03:31 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

It seems we are not alone in having Yahoo difficulties.

There are numerous complaints on the feedback page. This is Yahoo's new policy.

I have read (and know of greengaels) that Canadian phone numbers aren't even being accepted.
**somehow my Canadian number did work for Hunny confirmation...I never actually got the page myself....likely because I started the pool.

So...a new policy from them should come with a new policy from us!

It is obviously a way for them to get their ads to our eyes by going around e-mail firewalls and spam catchers.

With all that said...we are set for baseball, have nascar and golf underway for the year.
March Madness will obviously be a mystery for the next week....

Orren...you have mail
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 03:43 PM
JFCL champ 2011, 2012

Everyone could always print out a bracket, make their picks and e-mail it to me. I would post results/standings after each day of games.

Just a thought.

Chuck
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 04:30 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
Use this for the JCFL this year and also experiment (just for fun this year) with a non-Yahoo site with brackets.
yes...easily an option.
As is Chuck's!

I have a mail to O.... which matches Jerry's suggestion to a certain degree
I'll wait to hear back and then share
Unread 09 Mar 2014, 06:42 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

and now you've got mail

there'd never be an issue with you guys utilizing a comp here, and no issue with trying a new scoring system....just a minor one in adjusting 'on the fly'

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?