Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 15 May 2013, 01:51 PM

Default Keeps getting better

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgot...dical-records/
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 16 May 2013, 09:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Now this scandal is the "business as usual" I expect from our politicians.

After getting caught, come out and say it was inexcusable, fire a couple of people and promise it won't happen again and move along.

I think Obama is purposely withholding the request for an independent counsel to take on the case because he wants to make sure he will be well out of office by the time this scandal ever goes in front of any court or judicial hearings.
Unread 16 May 2013, 10:01 AM

He's fired nobody sayow. The interim IRS head has retired 1 month earlier than he intended.......Miller.
Unread 17 May 2013, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Hearings underway...my favorite line so far...

“I do not believe that partisanship motivated the people that engaged in the practices described in the inspector general’s report,” Miller said. “Foolish mistakes were made by people who were trying to be more efficient in their work.”

Right, not partisan at all... but only conservative and tea party organizations were under scrutiny by the IRS ... doesn't sound partisan at all... B.S.!

It was all politically driven, as is most everything in Washington today, and the end result is the common citizen of America gets screwed by politicians... AGAIN... business as usual in DC...

Unread 17 May 2013, 11:24 AM
Hall of Famer

I am watching/listening the hearings...

Some other highlights...as I notice them...

The Secretary of Treasury saying how what the IRS did was against treasury regulations and inappropriate, but not "illegal". What good are regulations and what exactly is a "regulation" then if you don't have to adhere to them?

The interim IRS head is squirming now trying to dodge the question of whether or not he told anyone in the White House or the Department of the Treasury about what was going on...after essentially wanting the question to be rephrased several times, and not getting it rephrased, basically said "I don't believe so." ... translation... YES he did.

And, after knowing of the wrongdoing for 18 months, what did Miller (outgoing, interim IRS head) do? He tried to make a phone call to get on the calendar to schedule a meeting with the ways and means committee but never had any meeting ever scheduled. Make a phone call? That's it and really? You tried that hard? That is equal to doing nothing.

Miller is taking the stance that the IRS is more incompetent than corrupt...I would argue that it is both...equally.

Miller doesn't like the term "scheme" used about the tactics he implemented...when asked what this wrongdoing should be called, he had no reply, nor does he know of any wrongdoing that he did but will resign because there may be some wrongdoing while he was in charge. Even though the primarily person involved in this scandal was under his direct supervision and appointed to her position by him and took direction from him.

Miller is very concerned with the "timeline" of events, yet can't fully recount the events at this time, but responds with that those dates/times that he is being asked about, he doesn't think are correct when asked about some dates and what happened during those times. So how can the "timeline" being questioned not be accurate and yet you can't recall events on certain dates?

Not partisan? Yeah, right... (D) Rep. Ms. Schwarz essentially burned up her questioning time with a short speech and concluded with..."How can we help you fix this?" REALLY? That's as "tough" as you are going to get? Mr. Miller had no problem filling the final moments of her time with nothing substantial. Of course she started her whole "speech" with how outraged she was...ridiculous! So outraged, she is more concerned with helping the wrongdoers than with finding out what happened and hold those accountable for their actions...

HILARITY: (mostly the democrats) are asking both Miller and George (Sec. Of Treasury) what they are going to do to bring the proper people to justice...yeah, it's like asking the criminals to point out the bad guys in this scandal...

These liars are insane in how they can go about and make sure the phrasing of the question works to the answer that they want to give. This will NEVER get resolved... with Miller essentially saying "I don't think so." and "I can't recall at this time." about anything questionable...nothing was gained today.

Unread 17 May 2013, 11:35 AM
GM

What we are discussing reminds me of something. How much information does any level of government know about it citizens? And why is this information so necessary to know in the first place. I could see some need in certain situations that need to be dealt with in a timely manner but I would not be shocked, but some people would be, at how much information various governments know about it private citizens. Many politicians love to discuss privacy except of course when it suits their own political purposes and a good example of this is the situation regarding the IRS.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
He's fired nobody sayow. The interim IRS head has retired 1 month earlier than he intended.......Miller.
CORRECTION...

Miller has filed his resignation, but as of right now it has not been accepted and/or "processed" and Miller will retain his position until he retires in June...unless of course he is forced out sooner...not that it matters much.
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:11 PM

Benghazi/IRS infringement/DOJ AP....along with numerous other issues....GSA/Secret service/Postal service funding debacle...and on and on and on are simply illustrating the innefective, unqualified administration with their ----cago thuggery and fratboy staff. I have a problem with oblamer yesterday ...he's become a better dancer (liar) than carney and it's disgraceful.

All of this was known before the election and all of it was suppressed so as not to jeopardize his chances of reelection.
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:13 PM
Hall of Famer

NOTE: One of the key players in this, Sarah Hall Ingram, is now overseeing Obama's health care plan implementation...
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:29 PM
Hall of Famer

One rep. stating how Miller will get to retire with full benefits and likely not get any punishment...so how is it so "admirable" that Miller "fell on his sword" and submitted a resignation...

He is getting paid today and will get full retirement benefits, courtesy the American taxpayer, for all the "good" work he has done...

American government at it's finest!

Miller, earlier in this hearing, agreed with the findings of the inspector general's report on this IRS scandal, then when pressed about contradictory remarks he has made in regards to the IG report, he claims he would have to read the report again before commenting again...WOW! Slip, sliding and dodging...

Unread 17 May 2013, 12:37 PM

all of this nonsense is not on him anyway. It all happened long before he was in charge.........he's the proverbial scapegoat IMO
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
all of this nonsense is not on him anyway. It all happened long before he was in charge.........he's the proverbial scapegoat IMO
Before he was "promoted" to acting interim IRS chief he held the position that is under question today.

He certainly could be a scapegoat, because as it has been mentioned, he is leaving with full benefits in a month...so yeah, let's find out who is about done working here anyways and pin it all on them...let them face some "heat" in front of a congressional committee and then we'll all go out for lunch and drinks after words...

But it is clear, Miller is certainly portraying the IRS as completely incompetent and that is how/why this all happened...of course, that is a complete and outright lie. It was planned and deliberate.
Unread 17 May 2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
of course, that is a complete and outright lie. It was planned and deliberate.
anyone that thinks otherwise........well there could be numerous reasons.....but none of them would stick.

My gut is that eric holder and valerie jarrett (along with oblamer himself) are the main culprits......they'll be protected at ANY cost.
Unread 17 May 2013, 01:07 PM

rotflmmfao at charlie rangel........this pos tax evader is castigating ANYONE for tax issues?
Unread 17 May 2013, 01:21 PM

Lois Lerner.......another POS......lied to congress......still employed and we're paying her. Miller is another BS liar...with a real bad memory.

The lawsuits to follow will cost the taxpayers BILLIONS more.