Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > The Fun Lounge
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Fun Lounge Got a joke to share? A favorite video?
Wanna talk video games?
Or just talk about....whatever..

Unread 27 Aug 2009, 01:23 AM
GO STEELERS!

Just got home from seeing it. I rate it **** 1/2.

It was rather long, at 2 1/2 hours, but well worth it. The movie was almost 75% in french, so there were a ton of subtitles. I enjoyed the gore and the story had a very "tense" feeling to it. If you like Tarantino and his style, you'll enjoy this movie. I'm not too sure what the "hype" of this movie has been, but I'd say it is well worth a watch. However, I suggest going to see a earlier showing of the movie to avoid crowds and children because some of the English dialogue is a bit rough.
Unread 05 Dec 2009, 07:52 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default UP

yes...just double checked for sure....and it IS a Disney Film!

MOST EXCELLENT

I highly recommend this film for ALL viewers young and old (2 years and under may be influenced by a couple of scenes of 'terror').

Serious kudo's to Disney/Pixar...

....absolutely loved it!!
....has my vote for movie of the year!!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 08 Dec 2009, 12:28 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Up was definitely a very enjoyable movie

2012 had some great special effects....but didn't live up to the hype otherwise IMO. Still fun to see on the big screen, tho...

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 19 Feb 2012, 08:24 AM

"This means war" very predictable but entertaining at the same time
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 05 May 2012, 09:28 PM
Coach

Avengers

Allright if you just want a mindless superhero popcorn movie. But compared to the first Iron Man movie and Captain America (both of which I liked), I thought it was rather middling where they spend too much time in dialogue to build what little plot there is instead of kicking butt. But than it seems to be that way with these superhero ensembles (ie any of the first 3 X-Men movies).

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time

Unread 06 May 2012, 10:17 AM
JSAdmin

I've wondered about that one.....and haven't gotten to Captain America yet. For one, Robert Downey, Jr. is too good to be buried as 'one of the leads'. Too many movies (not just of this genre) would be completely unwatchable if not for CGI. Too many movies these days are regurgitations of ideas created years ago....and all they do is add special effects. Then they build it up with their trailer like it's going to be something fantastic.....for us to realize that the trailer wasn't a teaser, it was the only half way decent scenes. For example, John Carter was built up as a blockbuster...the effects made it watchable, even somewhat entertaining.....but the plot and acting wasn't even a large improvement over the straight for DVD version starring a p orn star from 2009.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 06 May 2012, 11:58 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
I've wondered about that one.....and haven't gotten to Captain America yet. For one, Robert Downey, Jr. is too good to be buried as 'one of the leads'. Too many movies (not just of this genre) would be completely unwatchable if not for CGI. Too many movies these days are regurgitations of ideas created years ago....and all they do is add special effects. Then they build it up with their trailer like it's going to be something fantastic.....for us to realize that the trailer wasn't a teaser, it was the only half way decent scenes. For example, John Carter was built up as a blockbuster...the effects made it watchable, even somewhat entertaining.....but the plot and acting wasn't even a large improvement over the straight for DVD version starring a p orn star from 2009.
I went to the Avengers with a small group of friends, and during the previews we were joking that we dont have to see Battleship or the upcoming GI Joe since we already saw those movie in the previews. We were also mocking Universal for buying naming rights to Battleship when it seemingly has little to do with the board game (Hollywood logic!). And during the preview for Prometheus, we were joking that they just ripped off the scene shots from the incredibly cheesy, illumanti propaganda show Ancient Aliens

Edit: Forgot to also mention, there are no new ideas for movies anymore because producers and studio owners know that comic book-based movies tend to make money, whereas other genres are hit and miss as to what will be a hit and make them money hand over fist. Its the same thing in tv (ie ~95% of all scripted dramas are police, lawyer, or doctor shows) or music (why the songs on top 40 radio sound like bad disco music or why country has morphed into terrible southern rock).

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time

Unread 16 May 2013, 12:40 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

being the 40th anniversary...and recalling that I wanted to watch it again...

Secretariat

Probably moves into my top ten favorites.

I highly recommend.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 06 Jul 2013, 02:09 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

DM 2 (Despicable me)

Off to see today. LOVED the original. It would appear by the box office receipts of three days that an awful lot of people liked the first one!
*edit LOVED it, too! I think was as good as the first one...great family entertainment. Reeeedickyoulussss money its making! Bugs Bunny is spinning in his grave!! (he is dead...right?)

The Lone Ranger: ugh

I love Johnny Depp....but this was not the role for him. He does it great, in his own way...but I can't buy that he's not a gay pirate in Indian clothing.
This one is bombing at the box office.
marketing the supporting actor as the main event and even changing the duo's relationship to a 'partnership' is probably why.

Unread 25 Dec 2014, 12:54 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

The INTERVIEW

I loved the show....but i like Seth Rogen and Mr. Franco in whatever they do.

THIS show was different from their others by poking fun at the North Korean leader...who has a dominating role in the movie.
Its easy to see why 'they' might be offended.

I watched it as a movie....not as an educational slide rule.

A LOT of hype and worry for nothing, really. It's just another comedy.
Unread 26 Dec 2014, 12:26 PM
JSAdmin

I wasn't sure I was going to see it....not because of the political stuff, but because (to me) the Seth Rogan/James Franco characters are kinda the same in every movie and have gotten old

Unread 23 Sep 2015, 07:06 PM

wow.....no movies for anyone?

Hoping it's it's because no one goes anymore........kma hollywood

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 24 Sep 2015, 08:04 AM
JSAdmin

oh, I still see movies.......I'm just more picky about the ones I spend $15 to see in a theatre vs ones I wait and spend $1.50 at Red Box to see

if it's a movie best viewed on a big screen, that's where I prefer to see it....and despite the multiple reasons to dislike Tom Cruise, I still enjoyed the last Mission Impossible