Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 29 Jan 2008, 09:04 AM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
How do the dishes work during real nasty weather?
actually mine works pretty much all the time. occasionally it will freeze for a split second or so but i rarely lose the signal.

now as for my satellite internet, that pretty much sucks. any time there's even the threat of moisture in the air that craps out.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 09:40 AM
7th Round Draft Pick

It all depends on your Southern esposure, so what is good for me may not be good for you, a tree in the wrong place with big branches that move in storms may impact you. A neighbors house could be in the way. If you have a good install of the dish, a good southern line of sight you may never have a problem.

I have had DirecTV for over 5 years, while living at 2 different places in MA, many bad storms, thunderstorms, Noreasters with snow, rain, ect. and I can count on one hand how many times I have lost signal, when it does it is usually back in 5 or 10 minutes. Random times I have got pixalation during a very heavy rain storm.

Rain fade can happen to people, when everything gets slow and pixalated.

It is actually the upper atmosphere clouds that can cause problems for people and that is when you can lose signal.

I am thinking of getting a HD-DVR, have a SD directivo dvr and love it, but it is time to upgrade, but that will mean another 2 years with them. FIOS is not in my town yet, anyone have the full TV, Phone, Net Fios combo?

Hope that helps
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 11:09 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

I've had Direct for over 6 years and probably lost the picture 2 or 3 times..... And it wasn't out for that long....

I love it.... I knwo you don't care but I can the Big 10 network for free (here in columbus, some of the cable companys make you pay for it)

You get all the major major stations in HD.

2 discovery HD's
HD Movies
Nation Geo
TLC
CMT
Science
History
ESPN
ESPN 2
TNT

and many more in HD....

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 12:19 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
I've had Direct for over 6 years and probably lost the picture 2 or 3 times..... And it wasn't out for that long....

I love it.... I knwo you don't care but I can the Big 10 network for free (here in columbus, some of the cable companys make you pay for it)

You get all the major major stations in HD.

2 discovery HD's
HD Movies
Nation Geo
TLC
CMT
Science
History
ESPN
ESPN 2
TNT

and many more in HD....
I hope you get NESN HD to watch the World Champion Boston Red Sox.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 01:31 PM
7th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
I hope you get NESN HD to watch the World Champion Boston Red Sox.

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Yup that is the reason (well one of them) why I am looking to upgrade, so I can watch NESN HD and the 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox

Yes 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox looks good when I type it as well
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 07:50 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
DirecTV has so many i don't know what to do with myself...

Add in the HD DVR and well i spend most of my time recording and watching shows now.
Nick as it is I record and delete some stuff after browsin through. Or just watch 2nd half of a game. No time to watch George Lopez, Suns, Coyotes, House, American Idol, etc etc. High Stakes Poker and Poker after dark are two of my favorites.
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 07:50 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

i have had dishnetwork for almost 12 years, and like most of the others, i probably lost signal maybe 12 times total in that period. I also am looking to upgrade to the hd package. i am very excited. woohooo
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 07:51 PM
Coach

My cousin was on the roof once or twice a month after it rained or got windy and said "NOW?......NOW?......NOW?........How bout now???"

Gotta have the NFL Sunday ticket. As much as I hate Andrew Siciliano the Red Zone channel is the best.
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 07:58 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegriz View Post
Yup that is the reason (well one of them) why I am looking to upgrade, so I can watch NESN HD and the 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox

Yes 2007 World Series Champion Boston Red Sox looks good when I type it as well
Boston has to be the best sports city right now. Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox and even the Bruins are a playoff team right now. What other city can boast such great teams right now. CAL and NY exempt as they have like 20 sports teams in ea state. New York has the Knicks and the Nets. Worst 2 teams in the NBA. Jets and Bills make the Giants not so big a deal. Yanks are still good but nothing really in this millenium to be proud of. If they don't win it all it is complete failure to that organization. Mets are the biggest underachievers in all of sports but will win it all before the Yankees IMHO. Rangers and Isles are avg at best. Cali can really only boast of Kobe and LaDaniam. The rest of the state of sports is JUNK. LOL Raiders?? Clippers??? Kwame Brown??? Dodgers , Padres, Angels. A lot of teams but little to show except for the Mighty Ducks. To me BOSTON is the best sports city. Then Phx! LOL #1 ranked ASU men's baseball and women's Softball woohooo.
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 08:10 PM

typical here anymore. A thread starts biatching about moo turnss into more NY bashing......all
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 08:27 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
typical here anymore. A thread starts biatching about moo turnss into more NY bashing......all
Sorry Rich I was just boasting about the Sox and the thread got Hijacked. What else is new?
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 08:37 PM

no need to apologize John.......
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 08:40 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
no need to apologize John.......
speak for yourself, i am still waiting for his apology for his original crack about boston outdoing the yanks........

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 12:32 AM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

Back on topic.... Moo is still important... doesn't matter if its .5 or 5 %

If you miss out on .47 of that moo you are still behind like you missed out on 4.70% of the moo.

Moo just makes the port grow a tad bit faster... No big deal...

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 01:50 AM
Coach

Not really a bash on anyone. FACT is CAL and NY have so many teams it is stupid. Boston has 4 major teams and 3 are GREAT. Red Sox and Patriots are in the midst of dynasties. Celtics are phenomenal right now with their record and dominance. Even the Bruins are battling for the playoffs. So 4-4 with 3 being great is better than 1 out of 20 or 0-18 like the major cities I mentioned. Heck Phx is the 6th largest city but even with the play of the Suns, DBacks, etc. Cardinals have not made the playoffs in forever and Coyotes are nipping at the heels of the playoffs. I am not here to apologize for your insecurities. It was nothing more than an attempt tp recognize Boston as the #1 city for sports right now. Funny no Cali guys came here whinin'. Can anyone really argue with their big 3?

Anyway...back on topic. Even though it was MY topic so why can't I make comments? I am not against the moo as it sits. It works for me. U see me hit and run for a few minutes around noon then 5 am. I don't have time to sit and buy stocks as often as most of you here. Even if something benefits me if it is not good for the game I am gonna say something. It is just boring is all. Sorry MHO.

Rich Mets getting Santana to me means they will win sooner than your team. So if me saying New York (Mets) will win it all before New York will than I guess I am bashing NY. So I guess your next comment should be "What up with all this NY support " Since I gave them props. HUGE day for the Mets. Sad day for Minny unless those young guys pay off.

I live in AZ and have NO Super Bowl tickets! My 3 season tickets didn't get drawn. Noone I know got drawn. Fishy!