Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 14 Feb 2010, 11:56 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I'm always interested when I hear/read about someone having made it big online like Begg-Smith did.

You're mostly correct, Rich....he and his brother moved to Australia as teenagers (not sure the parental situation) because their 'fledgling' business was 'interfering' with their training.

That fledgling business is proported to be worth $40mil.

However, from what I can tell the business made much of its money utilizing some shady, even dirty to criminal methods.....they're advertising publishers....and were big in pop-unders (which were often written to get around pop-up blockers).....their web sites have been down since 2006ish, and Dale apparently has said his company 'has no name and no web site' (huh?!)

anyway, it appears he's yet another net millionaire who got his money by exploitation....the kind of guys I have little respect for......and I now wish he'd have gotten knocked off the medal stand altogether

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 12:02 AM

Also Congrats to USA for their first ever medal in Nordic combined...a young man from Colorado whose name I cannot remember.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 02:38 AM
Coach

Congrats to the young Canadian who got Canada their first ever Gold Medal. They were shut out in Montreal and Calgary and it was a huge weight to get of the snide. Can't wait for Men's Hockey!
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 02:50 AM
Coach

Ah Rich beat me to it. Why do I always post then read. Yeah I thought the French guy was top 3 but I guess his jumpswere "weak" and he had done a grab in front of these same judges every time so they knew he screwed up huge. Also O are you watching on Primetime NBC? Most of the time that is a highlight show with top competitors and US athletes. IE here we have the HD channels 712 (NBC) Prime specific. 728 (USA) raw complete coverage of an event. Like today had complete hockey yesterday showed all of Canada/Slovakia. Start to finish including all the biatholon. and 762 (CNBC) which also shows complete coverage of all ski jumping, speed skating etc. They show ALL competitors. When it gets real busy I they go to a 4th channel (MSN) 763. Right now I just saw a Russian pair skater eat it.

In moguls I hate to say it but it was a bit funny when the US skiier ate that flag. Then finished still. Hate to admit it but when I see someone eat it or wipeout at first it is funny to me. Kneejerk reaction. Then I realize all the training and hard work. Dreams, family, and friends. Then it makes u almost want to cry.

Unread 15 Feb 2010, 03:30 AM
Coach

1 last thing. Judging is and always has been a joke. I mean I sat through all the pair skating and saw the Canadian and Russian pairs fall early and it ruined their mood throughout the performance. Yet got up to 2nd and 3rd passing a lot of flawless pairs. At least the Russians had a technically tough program but still I dont get it. We all know of the boxers who got hosed. Just too much in the hands of those who may have an agenda. Who knows. But a fall is a fall is a fall. We dont have to be wearing a spandex leotard to know what it looks like to hit your bum on the ice. It was their choice to do that and they failed. Too much credit is given for past performances and reputation. This should be where an unknown can shine and take home a medal. Even if it was not expected. Olympics!
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 11:25 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
Also Congrats to USA for their first ever medal in Nordic combined...a young man from Colorado whose name I cannot remember.
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 11:26 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Here's 360 degree aerial views of Vancouver and some Olympic venues. Very cool

http://www.aerialphotoimage.com/pano...Vancouver.html
Unread 15 Feb 2010, 03:45 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Default 2010 Olympics - Dance in the Streets Flash Mob - Vancouver

A little bit of fun from the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZyX...ature=youtu.be
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 05:54 AM
Coach

Beautiful the city off the water.

I sit here wondering why I am rooting for a gay russian for team USA. LOL

This Johnny Weir is wearing a pink and black sequence leather with velvet with pink lace and pink fringes. Speaking Russian the whole time.

Congrats CAN 2nd ever gold. Wish she didnt cut off the bad luck US boarder. That girl needs to get better luck. Germany took the medal lead.
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 11:46 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Canadian didn't cut off the American snowboarder. Our girl was in the lead and your girl landed into ours coming from behind/beside over that jump. She took the wrong line and paid the price unfortunately. Too bad.
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 11:49 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
1 last thing. Judging is and always has been a joke. I mean I sat through all the pair skating and saw the Canadian and Russian pairs fall early and it ruined their mood throughout the performance. Yet got up to 2nd and 3rd passing a lot of flawless pairs. At least the Russians had a technically tough program but still I dont get it. We all know of the boxers who got hosed. Just too much in the hands of those who may have an agenda. Who knows. But a fall is a fall is a fall. We dont have to be wearing a spandex leotard to know what it looks like to hit your bum on the ice. It was their choice to do that and they failed. Too much credit is given for past performances and reputation. This should be where an unknown can shine and take home a medal. Even if it was not expected. Olympics!
The new system is definitely weird but...supposedly it's more fair. It's more of a points system now, rather than interpretive judging. You lose points for falls, but gain points for other things. And from what I understand, if you do "big" things towards the end of your performance you get more points because you are more tired and so it's harder to do those "big" things (ie, doing a quad).

Remember Turin (I think it was)? That French figure skating judge? Supposedly this new judging system does not allow that sort of thing to happen.
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 02:17 PM
Coach

Yea Im starting to understand it better. I mean it is like losing to a SEC team once vs going undefeated in the WAC. They reward the tougher vs. the no chances taken. Im warming to it. As far as the snowboarding. It is very exciting and I thought you were the one that suggested it was a collision so at first glance I agreed. But having slow moed it today they are both going straight and she landed a bit funny on her front toe and washed sideways almost into the winner. So yeah once again she took herself out. Tons of talent. No common sense or decision making.
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 03:01 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

At least Jacobellis didn't hot dog in the small final. You could see at the last jump that she almost grabbed her board, but then decided she best not do that again lest she fall!
Unread 17 Feb 2010, 03:10 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Default You'll need an Olympic-sized appetite (and wallet) to dine during the Games

Problem with hosting a games, tons of business jack their prices.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/about-vanc...4.html?cid=rss
Unread 18 Feb 2010, 10:57 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]