Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 09 Apr 2008, 07:41 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default NHL Playoff discussion

I'm no hockey guru by any stretch....I do, however, enjoy watching playoff hockey- it's always more interesting when each game has real implications.

That said.....what are YOUR thoughts on the playoffs?
(yeah, the ones I forgot started tonight when I put picks in)

Does 'the kid' and his gang have enough to take out the hottest team early in the year who faded at the end?
Can Broduer continue his playoff mastery?
How far can the Wild go this postseason?

YOU know the game better'n I do......let's hear from you!
Unread 09 Apr 2008, 11:47 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Ottawa was "out" a long time ago. Pittsburgh in 5 - I'll give the Sens a token win. Man, they need to get their s*** figured out one of these years!

I'm going for the underdog, NYR over the Devils. Love Brodeur in the playoffs, but I've got this feeling about the Rangers this year. Rangers in 7. Pains me to say that, as I'm still smarting from that goalpost shot from game 7 in 94.

Minnesota - Colorado is a toughie, but I'm giving it to Colorado. Theodore has found his groove again, and the Avs have a good crowd the net thing going. Avs in 6, unfortunately.

Calgary vs. San Jose is another one I'm not sure of. Sharks should win, but Kipper has the ability to steal games for his team on a more consistant basis than Nabakov. Still, I've got to go with San Jose in 6. Team's too strong.

Boston - Montreal. I've been waiting for the Habs to do their usual "tank", but they're pretty strong this year. Haven't seen them play like this since 93 and we all remember what happened that year Montreal in 5. Besides, they're my second favourite team - Go Habs Go!

Nashville - Detroit. Wow! Looking forward to this series. Nashville has been on a hot streak and Detroit has been sliding. Plus, I feel they're totally overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're a good team but they also play in a weak division so their points are deceiving. But, if Hasek continues playing as well as he has lately, gotta give it to Detroit in 7. Why opposing players don't just wait for Dom to do his usual "flop" and then just flip it over his pathetic diving butt I'll never understand. Man, I can't stand that guy.

Dallas - Anaheim. Another battle of the goaltenders. Giguere is great in the playoffs, but Turco has been a wall this year. I'm giving it to Turco in 7 low scoring games. Watch for overtimes to hurt the winner of this series in the next round.

Then we have the Broadstreet Bullies, Gen2 vs. The Caps. As soon as I saw the trades they made at the deadline I knew they'd make it to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure Washington will win, but if the Flyers come out with some really physical play, they may stand 'em up at the blue line. Despite what Maggie the Monkey says, I'll pick Washington in 6.

Oh yeah, one more thing...
[email protected] (7.2 KB, )
Unread 10 Apr 2008, 08:20 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

This year ...me heart belongs to Washington...then to me hockey pool...at this point, one day into the season, all games are interesting enough for me to tune into hockey over basketball or baseball.

I think the addition of Federov was the 'gel' factor...mvp?

I do NOT want to see Calgary defeat San Jose...KIPMI stole game 1...look for the sharks to thump Calgary next game...literally.

Luv the Rangers. too!

Now I wanna see quadruple over time!!!....and overtime EVERY game...to make up for those ridiculous shoot-outs!!!!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 11 Apr 2008, 12:30 AM
6th Round Draft Pick

I am going for San Jose in the West and The Pens or Habs in the East.
Unread 11 Apr 2008, 03:52 PM
GM

If it is the Pens and Habs in the Eastern Conference finals it will be the Habs.

Pens do not play well on the road period when compared to their play at home. While that is true of many teams this is really true of the Penguins and I can't think of another team that this is more pronounced in the league than the Penguins.

Will Bettman get his dream match up of the Pens and Capitals sometime in the playoffs?

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 11 Apr 2008, 05:36 PM
4th Round Draft Pick

Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare29

Go Habs Go !!!
Unread 11 Apr 2008, 06:27 PM
6th Round Draft Pick

Wild need a win tonight or its gonna be a very long offseason.
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 12:03 AM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Glad the Wild won tonight. Got a few points for the pool!
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 01:11 AM
4th Round Draft Pick

Go Habs Go !!!!
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 08:18 AM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare29 View Post
Go Habs Go !!!!
This is o.k. until if they play the Penguins in the playoffs that happens then I will have to go with the Penguins.

Montreal would probably play the winner of the 4 vs. 5 series in the east. I am assuming a lot though.

Another very important question is will Sidney have some facial hair by the time the Penguins playoff run ends?

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 08:23 AM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare29 View Post
Go Habs Go !!!!
They can't lose with the officials in their back pocket. The Bruins got screwed in OT of game 2
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 09:35 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

well I, for one, am pretty happy that Dallas has discovered...it's DUCK season...Mighty ducks deserve a good hammerin'!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 10:01 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

Default Avery = Classless jerk

Sean Avery is a jack ---. What he did to Brodeur was incredibly unsportsmanlike. It's one thing to try and block a goalies view of the puck, but what he did was just...pathetic.

I hope he gets what's coming to him. May the hockey gods send some karma his way REAL soon! Even Roenick, Mr. Outspoken himself, thinks he's a punk.
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 12:53 PM
4th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirl View Post
Sean Avery is a jack ---. What he did to Brodeur was incredibly unsportsmanlike. It's one thing to try and block a goalies view of the puck, but what he did was just...pathetic.

I hope he gets what's coming to him. May the hockey gods send some karma his way REAL soon! Even Roenick, Mr. Outspoken himself, thinks he's a punk.
agreed. I hope the league does something about it...
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 12:55 PM
4th Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
They can't lose with the officials in their back pocket. The Bruins got screwed in OT of game 2
officials have been horrible all season long, seems like they try to take over the game all the time.

Here's too letting them play hockey and a great series.

PS, anyone see that hit on Marleau by Sarich last night in the Flames game... kudos to Marleau for getting up afterwards.