Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 09 Jul 2013, 11:00 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default MLB Post All Star break suspensions?

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/09/al...ll-star-break/

....this could be interesting

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 02:13 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)
Default The Emperor's New Clothes

Bud Selig can't be gone fast enough. He has a shiny wardrobe he wants to debut on July 18th and wants nothing to detract from his fashion show. Sadly, the Emperor has a bad case of the runs and, secretly, has soiled the outfit. Selig wants to wait until after the All-Star break to avoid the suspensions dominating the discussion and taking away from the game and from his legacy. So now, the PED scandal is ALL people are going to talk about.

I don't know the full list of implicated players but what if one or more are All-Stars? How does that impact the game, its significance in baseball history and in the home field advantage in the World Series this year. This game matters... Unless it is tainted by PEDs and baseball turns a blind eye to it.

Baseball should lance the boil and move on. Announcing the suspensions today would give the talking heads time to get the initial wave of commentary out of the system and give baseball a chance to focus on the game rather than the scandal. Announcing the suspension today would give fans reason to believe that baseball is more concerned about the purity of the game rather than the purity of the revenue stream.

Clinging to the mirage of purity, until after the All-Star game, just gives us all the opportunity and desire to shout out "The Emperor is naked as a jay-bird!"
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 08:50 AM
JSAdmin

There's other names floating around, but here's some...

Alex Rodriguez (3B Yankees)
Ryan Braun (OF Brewers)
Melky Cabrera (OF Blue Jays)
Nelson Cruz (OF Rangers)
Jhonny Peralta (SS Tigers)
Everth Cabrera (SS Padres)
Francisco Cervelli (C Yankees)
Jesus Montero (C-DH Mariners)
Fernando Martinez (OF Astros)
Fautino De Los Santos (RHP free agent)
Jordan Norberto (LHP free agent)
Cesar Puello (OF Mets)
Bartolo Colon (RHP A's)

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 11:24 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Location: Oak Harbor, WA (on Whidbey Island, just north of Seattle)

I just read that 4 All-Stars are on the list of players linked to Biogenisis:
Bartolo Colon
Jhonny Peralta
Nelson Cruz
Everth Cabrera

If these guys play and THEN get suspended the uproar could be and should be huge.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 11:57 AM
JSAdmin

Fat Toad...er Colon isn't likely to play...but nothing to do with this, he's simply scheduled to pitch the last day before the break

Unread 10 Jul 2013, 03:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

MLB is now, imo, the same as the Tour de France...

Filled with cheaters and until they can unequivocally prove that they can successful catch and keep cheaters from actively participating in their sport, my opinion of either will not change.

It's a disgrace, again imo, that these cheaters can get caught and still "beat the system" like Braun did the first time. It just proves that neither the MLBPA and the owners really want to clean up the game.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 03:50 PM
JSAdmin

it would take a TON to make me believe the percentage of players in baseball (or any other major US team sport for that matter) cheating is remotely close to what it apparently grew to in cycling...........but then I never believed the Red Sox were going to win a pennant again either..until they did

Unread 10 Jul 2013, 04:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
it would take a TON to make me believe the percentage of players in baseball (or any other major US team sport for that matter) cheating is remotely close to what it apparently grew to in cycling.
I am not saying the percentage of players is the same, but the fact that both sports, after claiming to "tighten" their testing and enforcement of PED usage in their sports, a person continues to hear repeated reports of PED use in both sports with the accused either being exonerated or outright dismissed because of some procedural error(s).

My disappointment with both these sports is the fact that they can not reign in the cheating and the participants of their sports are not scared to use PED's.
Unread 10 Jul 2013, 06:55 PM
JSAdmin

one thing I don't understand is why they're talking like all suspended would get 100 games.......even tho some have been suspended before like Melky Cabrera (tho that was just last year, but then for PEDs taken AFTER Biogenesis)

...and you wonder about ARod's influence in it given Melky, Montero, and Cervelli (possibly others) were Yankees at the time

Unread 16 Jul 2013, 10:30 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
one thing I don't understand is why they're talking like all suspended would get 100 games....
It's because of this:

Quote:
Weiner also said the commissioner's office isn't bound by the terms of the joint drug prevention and treatment program -- which calls for 50- and 100-game suspensions and a lifetime ban for three failed drug tests -- because the players involved in the Biogenesis case did not fail tests and are being investigated for "non-analytical" reasons.
Quote:
"In theory, [the players] could be suspended for five games or 500 games, and we could then choose to challenge that," Weiner said. "The commissioner's office is not bound by the scale we have in the basic agreement."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/94...erve-bans-2013
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)