Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 25 Sep 2012, 02:06 PM
Coach

I find it fitting that the NFL team from the state of Wisconsin got screwed over by a bunch of scabs given the d**k moves that their governor tried to do in regards to unions.

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 03:20 PM

the same unions that were going to bankrupt that State?
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 03:20 PM
All Pro

Last night's play has been labeled "The Inaccurate Reception" haha

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post
I find it fitting that the NFL team from the state of Wisconsin got screwed over by a bunch of scabs given the d**k moves that their governor tried to do in regards to unions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich76 View Post
the same unions that were going to bankrupt that State?
Now, now. Please leave the politics to the proper forum.

Nick
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 04:39 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mmm- View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
Last night's play has been labeled "The Inaccurate Reception" haha
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:04 AM
GO STEELERS!

You know...I know this is neither here nor there, but if Greg Jennings had swatted the ball towards the back of the endzone then it would've just been an incomplete pass and the Packers win. Just my opinion.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 07:27 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

there've been people saying that as well....swat it away, knock it down....then others saying 'look what happened to the Titans'...

btw, MD Jennings, not Greg

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 08:00 AM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
there've been people saying that as well....swat it away, knock it down....then others saying 'look what happened to the Titans'...

btw, MD Jennings, not Greg
I still say if that ball had been swatted to the back of the endzone, it's GAME OVER and Green Bay gets the "W".

MD Jennings?

I've never heard of him, so it might as well have been Greg.

I didn't even watch the game, only saw the replays and I was trying to figure out why they put "Greg" in on defense, I figured it was for "hands".
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 09:37 AM
All Pro

My final thoughts on the end of the play (ignoring the blatant push by Tate) Don't get upset with the two refs that were involved with the play, it was a very tough call to tell who had possession, I get that. The travesty is with 1( the head ref- After one official ruled TD and the other ruled interception with a touchback, the head ref should have gathered the refs together and sorted it all out before a official call was made. 2)The system- Replay official could not review or change the call on who had possession.

On a fun ref note: I did enjoy the head ref in the Bears/Rams game who called St. Louis, St. Louie. He was a New York area ref. It was classic.

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 09:41 AM
JSAdmin

the official making the touchdown call?
had never officiated above DIII before a couple weeks ago

and this blows me away....firstly I didn't know it even existed and I guess it's PPV.....but there are actually guys who've officiated NFL games..that not only were officials in the PPV Lingerie Football League, but got FIRED from it

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 09:51 AM
All Pro

Yes, the experience level of some of these replacement officials is very alarming. It's not only knowing the rules and experience, it's the speed of the game that these refs have never seen up until they were hired to be replacement refs.
That being said, Green Bay players and fans need to stop crying. If you want to bash the refs and the call or the lack of a call on pass interference, then let's be real. The call of pass interference on Seattle earlier in that drive was a wrong/bad call, so most likely this last play in the game would have never happened.

Aaron Rodgers statement on Milwaukee radio makes him sound like a real crybaby. The tweets by some of the GB players sound real bad. Mike McCarthy wants to take the high road and say that his team will take the high road is all great, except this is not what is happening.

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 09:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
To SayOW: Are you finally on board that these refs need to go?
Answer: NO.

Here's why...

First, the NFL has put a number of "safeguards" to assist these replacement referees...namely, the generous use of replay.

Did these replacement referees make a bad call...absolutely. But I put more blame on the NFL for first, whoever was viewing the replay and deciding the (wrong) call there should be fired instantly. And then secondly, ignorantly standing by the incorrect decision because the NFL is NEVER wrong...even when it is as clear as this instance. Within minutes of the conclusion of the game on Monday a league representative should have issued a reversal of the game outcome. I am fairly certainly someone with a freaking clue watched that game and could have done something but instead the NFL colludes to stand by the incorrect call and digs in its heels.

What is going on is the NFL is loving this controversy. It is only adding more viewers to their games because how are the refs going to screw this game up? The NFL doesn't care that these refs are making errors because they could easily correct those errors, but instead they stand by the erroneous calls and for the next 7 days all anyone is talking about is the NFL.

Any press is good press and if poor officiating is is going to get more viewers to watch their product, then they will certainly continue to do that.

And it has been noted that the union refs have made similar bad calls in the past, so again, does it really matter who makes the wrong call? To me, no. What really matters is who could have made it right and didn't and that seems like the finger is always pointing at one entity and that is the NFL.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 10:02 AM
JSAdmin

of all the football I've seen this season, the Monday night game was easily the worst officiated in my view.....and that's after watching Jim Harbaugh get 5 time outs in Minnesota...

Packer fans need to remember...they got the touchdown that gave them the 12-7 lead on a questionably overturned call, too. Many people, myself included, don't think Rodgers should have been given that first and goal when he originally wasn't. Had that stood, the Packers kick a go ahead field goal and only lead 9-7. At 9-7, the Seahawks aren't throwing the Fail Mary (the other name some are calling that last play)

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 10:12 AM
All Pro

Why fire the replay ref, he did nothing wrong? He was handcuffed by the rules and made the only call he could. He could not review/change who had possession, he could not review the offensive pass interference that was not called. The replay ref made the only call he could make. The replay officials are the regular replay officials as they have their own agreement with the league, there are no replacement replay officials

Reversal of the game outcome? This would have even been a worse move and set a horrible precedent. IMO

Yeah, the real refs make their sure of mistakes, but not even close to what we are seeing with the replacements. And don't argue that everyone started the season focused on these replacement refs. I like many started the season to watch football games not focus on replacement refs and I treated them like the real refs, by not paying attention to them. It was the refs lack of basic football rules, stupid uncalled for mistakes like marking the ball on the "X" yard line on the wrong side of the field. (I saw this twice) It was the refs not having control of the games. etc... This is what caught my attention of the refs.

These refs have no business doing this job in the NFL, they are not qualified. The regular refs are qualified, it's very easy to see this. IMO

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 10:55 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Why fire the replay ref, he did nothing wrong? He was handcuffed by the rules and made the only call he could. He could not review/change who had possession, he could not review the offensive pass interference that was not called. The replay ref made the only call he could make. The replay officials are the regular replay officials as they have their own agreement with the league, there are no replacement replay officials
The replay referee should and could have determined that the Seattle player didn't have possession and thus a non-score. That is totally in their realm of responsibility and would have been the right call. Nothing more had to be said other than it was an incomplete pass which is closer to the truth than a touchdown.

Quote:
Reversal of the game outcome? This would have even been a worse move and set a horrible precedent. IMO
I don't know how horrible a precedent it would be to make sure the outcome of the game is correct. I think it would be a good precedent to set. IMO.