Default NFL / Refs come to an agreement

Details to come....

http://www.mcdivots.org

or join my McDivots Facebook Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/229569963765319/
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

Only speculative right now. I'll buy it when nfl.com reports it.

Nick
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 12:37 PM

In principle ONLY...as of this minute.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 01:25 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

Getting the 'real' officials back won't be perfect......but at least the level of 'suck' will be reduced.

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 01:28 PM
All Pro

I think we will all have more of a real appreciation for the real refs. I can't wait to hear a long drawn out but detailed penalty description by Ed Hochuli. I never thought I would say that.

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinman View Post
I think we will all have more of a real appreciation for the real refs. I can't wait to hear a long drawn out but detailed penalty description by Ed Hochuli. I never thought I would say that.
Which would also likely be incorrect if you are a team that Ed does not like to favor. Ed will also insure your team a victory by throwing a penalty flag until the team he desires wins the game. Ed is the epitome of a referee who thinks he IS the game and will decide who wins it and not the players.

I wish he would be banned from the game. He's gotten so many passes because announcers (and fans) seem to be more enamored with his biceps than with his officiating.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:17 PM
All Pro

Ok, I'm starting to see why you are defending the replacement refs so much. Yeah, he is over the top and makes mistakes but nothing like you describe.

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Ok, I'm starting to see why you are defending the replacement refs so much. Yeah, he is over the top and makes mistakes but nothing like you describe.
You are incorrect.

I challenge you to watch the Chargers-Broncos game from October 14, 2008 and tell me he did not do exactly what I described above.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:26 PM
All Pro

C'mon, you have a problem with the NFL in general. Your Hochuli example, your beliefs that the NFL is enjoying this replacement ref fiasco. C'mon, don't cloud your judgement with this stuff.

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
C'mon, you have a problem with the NFL in general. Your Hochuli example, your beliefs that the NFL is enjoying this replacement ref fiasco. C'mon, don't cloud your judgement with this stuff.
I don't think my judgement is clouded at all, rather, I think my opinion is based on personal observation and investigation...something many people don't do and accept the mainstream opinion on many things, like the replacement referee situation.

My opinion has been steady throughout and I continue to maintain it and, to the best of my knowledge, I have yet to see anything factual to sway me in my opinion...

That is:

First, the replacement refs are not any better than the union refs.
Second, the union refs make just as bad calls as the replacement refs. If you want to say the union refs are BETTER than the replacement refs, there is really nothing out there to prove that...it is just subjective call there.
Third, where the REAL PROBLEM is, is that the NFL is not taking the right steps to make sure the right call is being made regardless of which group of refs are on the field when they have the tools to do so.

That is my major contention...

I still don't see much difference in the quality of the on field officiating, other than it being unsatisfactory, regardless of who is screwing it up.

Of course, being a Bears fan, you have been a direct benefactor of Ed Hochuli's generosity (see Bears-Lioins '10) so you may have your view clouded, imo.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 02:59 PM
All Pro

My opinion is based on what my eyes have seen not a product of following what the mainstream thinks. Matter of fact, normally I go against the mainstream.

1) I'm sorry but I think it's painfully obvious that the replacement refs are worse then the union refs. I've watched 5-6 games every week so far and in my eyes the number of mistakes have increased, the severity of mistakes are greater and the the number of "stupid" mistakes is alarming. Stupid mistakes are putting the ball on the wrong yard line, giving extra timeouts or challenge calls etc...

2) My eyes are more than enough proof that the union refs are better.

3) We agree that the NFL is not taking enough or the correct steps in making sure the correct calls are made.

Re: Bears / Lions game. I complete forgot that Hochuli was doing that game so my judgement is not clouded based on that play, a play that he called correctly based on the rule. Granted the way the rule is worded was something that most of us did not know.

Your opinions you mentioned above seem well thought out and you own them, but some of your other posts indicate a conspiracy theory belief that you have in that the NFL could care less about the replacement ref fiasco and Ed Hochuli's overall performance based on ratings. There is no factual information to back your claim, so why buy into it?

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 04:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

1) I'm sorry but I think it's painfully obvious that the replacement refs are worse then the union refs. I've watched 5-6 games every week so far and in my eyes the number of mistakes have increased, the severity of mistakes are greater and the the number of "stupid" mistakes is alarming. Stupid mistakes are putting the ball on the wrong yard line, giving extra timeouts or challenge calls etc...
Happens every week regardless of who the refs are, but because the media and talking heads have put the replacement refs under the microscope, they are magnified 1,000 fold.

Quote:
2) My eyes are more than enough proof that the union refs are better.
That's your opinion. Again, there is no tangible proof to prove or disprove "your eyes" but in my opinion, the differences are marginal. I think any referee with more time and training should improve or be fired. I know that isn't the case with the union refs.

Quote:
Your opinions you mentioned above seem well thought out and you own them, but some of your other posts indicate a conspiracy theory belief that you have in that the NFL could care less about the replacement ref fiasco and Ed Hochuli's overall performance based on ratings. There is no factual information to back your claim, so why buy into it?
I think the NFL does care about the replacement refs and the current officiating situation and with this past weekend's goings on, they probably let it go a little too long for their liking. As for a "conspiracy" ... I'm not so sure I would go that far. I merely stated that the NFL, from a business standpoint, would enjoy the exposure it is getting from the overblown hype from every officiating controversy that the replacement refs create, which is certainly missing when the union refs are officiating the games.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 04:51 PM
JSAdmin

actually, re the exposure.....they'll get it twice

once with the replacement refs....then again as everyone scrutinizes the union refs

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Unread 27 Sep 2012, 07:42 AM
JSAdmin

It's official.....the deal has been made!! ...well official once ratified Saturday (which is thought to be nothing but a formality)

Surprisingly enough, they'll even be officiating already in tonight's game!!

So....Foot Locker and the Lingerie League can have their employees back and we can all go back to yelling at the REAL refs!

Unread 27 Sep 2012, 09:12 AM
All Pro

Woohoo, time to ----- about the regular refs!!! I was shocked to hear they would be officiating tonight's game. I will laugh if they really blow a big call tonight. lol Better yet, blow a call in the Packer game..

SayOw: Watch this week and the upcoming weeks, you will notice a difference. The spotlight will be on the real refs this week so we will see.