Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 05 Feb 2009, 12:00 AM
All Pro

You have to admit it's kind of odd that we are going to pay for expanded health care coverage by raising the cigarette tax. Let me say first and foremost that I am not a smoker. But what is our government telling us? Quit smoking because it's bad for you and you smokers are raising health care costs or keep on smoking so we can pay for the less fortunate to have health care. I mean, come on, you can't have your cake and it it too.
Unread 05 Feb 2009, 09:13 AM
GM

But that is simply not the case that only minors are receiving this money. In the land of wonderful governors Illinois there were people well above the age of 18 and in some rare cases even people in their forties were receiving this type of money from this program.

Then what kind of income levels are we talking about at the upper end. What age should people be before they should not be able to receive this money. What types of limits should be placed on this program?

I would place the limits at age 18 a person is no longer eligible for this government program. Another limit should be to clearly define what low income in this particular case is. I will just say 100% above the poverty line.

But my limits are certainly not the reason Obama signed this yesterday it is the exact opposite. Obama and his friends in the congress greatly desire as many people as humanly possible to be under this program.

Obama even hinted that this was only the first step in his desire to get all Americans health insurance but the people that are not covered must be under some type of government program like SCHIPS. Obama of course would never say something like that in public but his signing this yesterday does show he wants to expand the number of people that are under government controlled health care.

And as asked this question I am sure sometime last year or late in 2007 will any "illegals" find themselves receiving some of this money as well. I am sure democrats will try to find a way for "illegals" to receive some money under this program. Things like what I just mentioned is why democrats wanted so called comprehensive immigration reform. Get as many people as humanly possible under a government program that sounds so good that people would question if I would want minors that should receive this money not to get it. Of course I want the parents of minors that really could use the money to get it but I also want several limits that I have set in this post to be in place as well and to be strictly enforced by the Obama administration.

So I will ask two questions about this whole thing again.

At what age should people stop receiving money from this government program? What should be the maximum income level of parents of minors and whatever the income level is sets who can and can't receive money from this program.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 10 Feb 2009, 07:34 PM

I AM a smoker and am not happy that I have to pay for an expanded program that will include illegal aliens and wealthier individuals. I have no problem with the SCHIP program...I just do not support the tax increase to expand it.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no