Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > RRRRacing
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RRRRacing Racecar spelled backwards...is still Racecar!

Unread 11 Jan 2013, 06:40 PM

Talking Woo-Hooo

Getting closer to Daytona and I have to say....these 6th generation cars are beautiful.....and fast. They've almost closed the gap between drafting and single running in the plate races....a real good thing.

My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 12 Jan 2013, 11:52 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
The 2013 season will mark the introduction of the ‘Gen-6’ NASCAR racecar. At the heart of the new car is a desire to see more competitive racing by cars that closely resemble their showroom counterparts. Here are some of the key changes that fans will notice:
Distinct body lines that match street vehicles. The 5th generation car, known as the “Car of Tomorrow” featured a common template used by all manufacturers. During the development of the Gen-6 car, NASCAR worked closely with the manufacturers to design racecars that match their brands, while maintaining an overall car-form that keeps one from having an aerodynamic advantage over another. This is sure to reignite the passionate brand-loyalty (and rivalries) among fans that helps drive the popularity of the sport.

The “greenhouse” area is the same on every car. The area comprised of the roof, windshields, windows, and decklid is known as the ‘greenhouse’. In 2013, every car will have the same greenhouse shape in order to promote aerodynamic uniformity among manufacturers. Fans will notice different shapes and sizes of windows depending on the manufacturer represented, but the surface-area will remain consistent across the board.

Longer nose and shorter tail to mimic street cars. Fans will notice the longer nose (by 2 inches) and shorter tail (by 6 inches). The changes represent another move to make the cars more closely resemble modern production vehicles.

Carbon fiber hood and decklid. For years, teams have attempted to gain an aerodynamic advantage by making their hoods and decklids (trunk lids) flexible. At high speeds, these parts would cave-in and eliminate drag, allowing the car to cut through the air easier. Carbon fiber is very strong, which eliminates the opportunity for flexibility. This should remove the advantage some teams discovered and make it easier for NASCAR to police these parts. Carbon fiber is also light-weight which in turn lowers the center of gravity, helping cars find more mechanical grip and handle better.

New decals on windshield and roof. New decal rules will create a more personalized car that fans can more easily pick out of a pack. The driver’s name will now be displayed at the top of the windshield and the sponsor will be allowed to place a logo at the rear of the roof beside the number. To improve manufacturer branding, decals will no longer be permitted on the headlights and taillights.
Though there are many new features behind NASCAR’s Gen-6 car, it will remain one of the safest, most competitive, and easily recognized racecars in the history of motorsports. Once again, fans will be able to visit a dealer on Monday, and purchase a car that won on Sunday.
thanks Rich.
I looked it up.
These are the differences of which you speak...yes?

http://joegibbsracing.com/2012/11/28...scars-new-car/
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 12 Jan 2013, 01:27 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- New cars, same results at Daytona International Speedway.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. started a 12-car accident at Daytona on Friday that essentially shut down a three-day test session designed to hone NASCAR's redesigned cars.Stock-car racing's most popular driver was trying to bump draft with Marcos Ambrose on the back straightaway when he lifted Ambrose ''like a forklift'' and turned him into the wall. Ambrose's Ford bounced back across the track and triggered a pileup that collected a host of others.
Quote:
There were no injuries, but the wreck caused several teams to leave Daytona. At least 10 teams, including Michael Waltrip Racing, Penske Racing and Richard Petty Motorsports, packed up their haulers and headed back to North Carolina.
Quote:
With rear deck lids in short supply and no backup cars available for teams other than Edwards' Roush Fenway Racing outfit, the wreck effectively ended testing for most drivers involved.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/press-b...6517--spt.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/earnhar...9--nascar.html
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)

Unread 12 Jan 2013, 03:31 PM

Those are exactly the kinds of differences I was talking about beast. As far as Earnhart's accident.......if you notice the front of the Chevys...there is a small (maybe 2") lip under the "non-functional grill" that does not line up well with the fords......he got hooked under Ambrose's rear bumper because of that and that's what caused that accident.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no