Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 27 Jan 2008, 05:11 AM
Coach

Default 1% ! ! ! ! 6am EST and we have a HUGE GAINER!

LOL all kidding aside. The no moo works for me since I CAN ONLY BY ONCE A night in the wee hours after work. Just thought it was funny. Can't remember a time noone got over 1% for the day.
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 07:27 AM
Back on page #1

I have to agree with you on this one Troy, the market is "dead" and it doesn't seem to be attracting the new players that would play day in and day out.....there is little excitement to play more than 1/2 hour - come in, make your buys and leave.....there is no risk in the market right now, which takes away, at least for me, an enjoyment of the game....maybe starting a new game is not such a bad idea.......
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 08:40 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmak View Post
I have to agree with you on this one Troy, the market is "dead" and it doesn't seem to be attracting the new players that would play day in and day out.....there is little excitement to play more than 1/2 hour - come in, make your buys and leave.....there is no risk in the market right now, which takes away, at least for me, an enjoyment of the game....maybe starting a new game is not such a bad idea.......

i don't believe the jockstocks market has ever been 'risky'...everything goes up!!
sur-taxes aside, this market has to balance itself. stocks go up and stocks go down (here it is mostly up)...a market SHOULD be volatile. Stocks SHOULD crash...bankruptcies may happen. Sorry, back on topic...fifty-two ports started January monthly...a few of those will be quarterlies and even less of those will become yearlies. There is maybe three newer names in the top twenty and they are all better players than I. I wanna play....but a monthly in fact, turns into a pick-how-ever-many for me too soon... due to mental defect, usually.
I would like to see the game a little more complicated and less 'risk-free' for monthlies...maybe allow monthlies to buy negative shares (another whole market there!)

It's Sunday morning...a balmy minus sixteen Celcius...furnace is out...***!...freezing my....can't find a plumber....***! Oh it's gonna be a grand day! ***!
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 09:16 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

well....let's remember, too.....no NHL, only 4 NBA, and a cut down list of golfers..........a lot of golf is held, especially DURING tournaments...a lot of NBA is held anyway...few NBAers were real buys...........so using yesterday isn't a fair guide as to our market activity

...that said...moo prolly should be set higher than it is.....but we've had bigger fish to fry the last few days....
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 10:22 AM
Back on page #1

When I meant risk, I guess I meant the risk of not being in the market when it was reported in the chat room that murgl scores a shorthanded goal, people race to the market to buy, you hope you get in the engine of the moo train and then ride it to at least cover the 2% buy/sell cost. Only then to find out that the train is derailed, cuz the information was just a reporting error by cbs.sportsline......long memory, huh Greg?

I realize that the game has evolved a bit from that, but I do believe that was one of the reasons that people played, as that was one of the things that mirrored wss...just not as much ability to moove the train falsely, which is what I believe Orren wanted fixed.....and the chat room has been dead for a couple of years now........I really miss the daily report from my brother, Slope.......
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 10:54 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
...we've had bigger fish to fry the last few days....

mmmmmm....fried fish!

lemon, butter and peppa!!!

I miss chat too! I was never a regular...but it was informative, one way or the other. A little bit fast for the typing impaired but still time...well...spent.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 27 Jan 2008, 10:20 PM
#3 of 80+ trillionaires!

people decided to have the moo turned down, even though the voting was going at least 50% in favor of the January 1 changes. There is no incentive now to work harder and day trade - there isn't enough moo to make it profitable, whether 4 games or 10 like today and even with golf on the weekends - at least there was volatility for the 100K splitters, until that went away - people wanted it to be dull and easy money instead of some actual change in the standings, so we must live with it or not play
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 04:30 AM
Coach

Yeah I think change is needed to attract play. I don't think DIVI should be based on the current formula only. Emmitts were a bunch of fun. Today little knew of the NHL all-star game. I went looking and found it on a non-HD channel near the soap and game show channel. Now for some reason all-star games and exhibitions are not counted toward DIVI. I mean we are buying stock in how a stock performs. If we buy GE stock we will receive a dividend or lose money based on what it does. Not just Mon-Wed but every aspect.

I think (and I don't know how hard it would be) a stock should grow based on more than just regular season stats. Pre- post- all-star games should count. Someone gets charged with spousal abuse, DUI, released, suspended, etc they should drop. Any award, contract signing, etc. I know maybe I am being a lil vague but I am tired of the 1s and 0s of a spreadsheet being the status quo. Game should have a little mystery. Get excited about something unknown. Games is too Politically Correct.

When I first started this game we would be glued to the TVs and browsers to see each goal or HR to buy quickly before others. Now U don't have to get up and sell you have a HUGE window. U can buy 6 hours after a game is over and only miss .50% Used to be if U were a few minutes late U would miss that amount.

It is a great game. Just got a little stale is all. I just think the game's creators and management should have a vision for a fun exciting game. Stop trying to please the handful of stuffiy farts and to your thing.
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 08:02 AM
Antagonist.

I watched the NHL All Star game in HD on Versus. You need a better cable company.
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 03:10 PM
Coach

Really? I know we are getting 70 more HD channels. Right now we have 24. I am with Cox. Don't know of one bigger with more HD except maybe Direct TV and we only use them for NFL Sunday Ticket. I like the name VS. I like their style. Just thought if the NHL wanted to get back into a top tier sport they would have had their All-Stars on National television. Not on certain cable stations. I for one LOVE hockey. It shouldn't be shoved back with Tennis, soccer, and Luge in popularity. When I was a very small kid I was part of the MIRACLE on ICE. Of course this made me a huge fan. All we had was the minor league Phx. Roadrunners. I knew no difference in passion or style of play. I rooted and was so excited to get a hot dog and coke with my dad and explode when they scored. I think hockey can be a top 5 sport again but hiding on little watched networks are not the right move. IMO
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 03:11 PM
Coach

Also did U see or better yet hear the chick singing O Canada? YIKES! Better when the crowd sang it during Cup Finals.
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 09:20 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyB911 View Post
Really? I know we are getting 70 more HD channels. Right now we have 24. I am with Cox. Don't know of one bigger with more HD except maybe Direct TV
I currently have 30 with Comcast.
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 09:37 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Dishnetwork is offering 40 hd channels.
Unread 28 Jan 2008, 10:15 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco

DirecTV has so many i don't know what to do with myself...

Add in the HD DVR and well i spend most of my time recording and watching shows now.

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 08:07 AM
Antagonist.

How do the dishes work during real nasty weather?