Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 17 Jun 2014, 03:11 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

gee, ya know, you'd think the logical next step would be to build a refinery in the area instead of talking all that oil by rail elsewhere

...and I still haven't figured out why, if there's that much oil in that part of NORTH Dakota, the same isn't going on in that part of SOUTH Dakota..after all, the number of dinosaur fossils found here is larger than the number found in ND...

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 18 Jun 2014, 09:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
gee, ya know, you'd think the logical next step would be to build a refinery in the area instead of talking all that oil by rail elsewhere

...and I still haven't figured out why, if there's that much oil in that part of NORTH Dakota, the same isn't going on in that part of SOUTH Dakota..after all, the number of dinosaur fossils found here is larger than the number found in ND...
As I posted earlier in the thread, one new refinery is already under construction.

What most think would help alleviate the strain on the rails, is the pipeline...which Obama has been sitting on his entire term, refusing to sign to allow construction.

As for why South Dakota isn't seeing any of this...

Unread 19 Jun 2014, 10:25 AM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

well, that's not fair.....all that dino goo drained up there?

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 06 Dec 2014, 10:03 AM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via ICQ to SayOw Send a message via MSN to SayOw Send a message via Yahoo to SayOw

Anyone noticing lower gas prices?

Part of the reason is directly due to the Bakken oil becoming plentiful and flooding the oil market(s).

OPEC met last week and despite hearing pleas from several member countries, voted to maintain their current production volume which, by their own, report is over supplying the market.

With the prices being as low as they are, drilling may slow out in western North Dakota but the existing wells will continue to pump oil so production out of the Bakken should remain stable...keeping the markets supplied with cheap crude oil.

I am sure all the products that increased their prices due to high fuel prices will be quick to lower their prices to reflect the savings they are getting at the pumps now and pass those savings on to consumers. [/sarcasm]
Unread 18 Dec 2014, 05:42 PM

It is happening in spite of our disgraceful potus's position on green energy. He stated numerous times how he was going to move this country away from fossil fuels....and encouraged obscene high on gas and electricity. He tried....by instructing the epa to over regulate coal etc causing businesses to fail and prices to spike,,,,,,he did that by decreasing drill permits on public land drastically. That, combined with the insane scam of global warming, and he still fails....as is usually the case with an unqualified community organizer and an Iranian born ideologue for a senior adviser.

btw....a contributor to the lower gas prices is the fact that the european economy is a disaster and demand there has declined significantly
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 19 Dec 2014, 10:50 AM
Hall of Famer

The biggest complaint in regards to the POTUS and the Bakken region is that he hasn't allowed the Keystone pipeline to be completed. Canada has their portion all done and if ever completed, cheap crude from the Bakken would flow from the Hudson Bay to Houston...eliminating a lot of the need for the railroad which would allow food products to once again be shipped out efficiently.

And Obama hasn't given any good reason for not allowing the pipeline to be completed...that is what the real head scratcher is, certainly opening the door for speculation that this is being done for his direct benefit.
Unread 19 Dec 2014, 11:18 AM

Everything the narcissist in chief does is for his benefit....or his big $$$$ friends......or to appease the endless stream of radical left wing ideologues. IE, as you mentioned, the pipeline.

The pipeline will be the most technologically advanced pipeline in North America. It will bring infrastructure improvements, direct and indirect jobs and be an economic boom to this country. Publications like esquire magazine are spreading false info that the tree huggers orgasm on. Douchebags like tom steyer, who made his billions off of oil, are leading the mexifornia tree hugger bunch that are resisting the pipeline and lo and behold it goes nowhere near their state. (note how the liberal media has a field day with the Koch bros but never a word about steyer).
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no