Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Fantasy Sports Talk > JFCL
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

JFCL For JFCL chat specifically

Unread 15 Feb 2010, 02:29 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Default baseball 2010

need some encouragement here, as to which way to go this year.

i propose a 20 team head to head (daily or weekly changes) league...
roster will be minimum...no ir and a short bench should leave a reasonable pool of talent on the ww

no guarantee all want to play, of course...but i am confident it could be done!
I think we should try...kinda bs splittin' up

any negative or positive thoughts are welcome
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 12:05 AM
Head Coach

I prefer head to head. See no reason to have several leagues. People join and don't play. The actual playing in the Jockstocks team sport leagues really sucks.
Maybe one big league. If someone isn't actively playing for 3 or 4 weeks could the commish replace them if someone else wanted in?
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 07:01 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjer44 View Post
I prefer head to head. See no reason to have several leagues. People join and don't play. The actual playing in the Jockstocks team sport leagues really sucks.
Maybe one big league. If someone isn't actively playing for 3 or 4 weeks could the commish replace them if someone else wanted in?
hmmm... i don't think so...but those that know enough won't play...it's not rocket science and its doen't take but a few minutes...

that's enough encouragement for me!...wait for it...wait for it...
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 07:19 PM
Keep Calm Chive On

20 team league...head to head...lots of cat's...and an auto-draft

League ID: 281940
JFCL2010baseball
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....cl2010baseball
password:jockstocks

lets fill it fast...to tweek settings and such
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 08:38 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

im in...look at golf already several that havent filled out rosters...I agree dont sign up if you arent gonna play...Id love to see most the members be active....Im going to sign up now.....snapper out
Unread 20 Feb 2010, 08:42 PM
5th Round Draft Pick

Default question tho

is this gonna be the JFCL league for this year...I kinda liked the format the last couple years.....might have to do with me winning last year and 2nd year before heheheh...just asking
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 03:46 AM
3rd Round Draft Pick

I'am in. Now 3 teams.
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 04:41 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapperhead View Post
is this gonna be the JFCL league for this year...I kinda liked the format the last couple years.....might have to do with me winning last year and 2nd year before heheheh...just asking
i believe this will be the extent of jfcl baseball...yes! we trying to bring it all in one roof...you can look forward to single leagues all year, methinks.
yes...its a big change from what we have been doing...but the talent pools in the split leagues, justify a change. i've asked and pleaded for more input from players...seems they just wanna ride along...it's all fine with me, but a vote of confidence or non-confidence would be appreciated for football, basketball and hockey yet to come.
March Madness is next...i'm not too sure, but i don't 'think' its been included in jfcl before...because...???...'nuther league, maybe??
please advise.

Reason: *sp
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 04:57 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by da freak View Post

League ID: 281940
JFCL2010baseball
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....cl2010baseball
password:jockstocks
bump
Unread 21 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM
Head Coach

In, now have six.
Unread 24 Feb 2010, 02:21 AM
5th Round Draft Pick

I agree with the one league, the basketball teams are nothing more than an allstar team with only 8 members per league....
Unread 28 Feb 2010, 12:21 PM
Lost in the Woods(again)

I in too. That's 15 and growing.
Unread 04 Mar 2010, 01:30 AM
5th Round Draft Pick

i looked at the settings for the league....no IR? wow...and to set a transaction limit in a h2h stops streaming which is the purpose of a h2h league