Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Non Sports Related > Current Events
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current Events A place for serious discussion of news and events from the world around us.

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 08:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Hillary

I thought about posting this in another thread, as it probably does not warrant it's own, but I figured maybe we could start a Hillary thread to get us through the next election cycle... this way everything we say about her can be in one convenient place.

I'll start with a photo:

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Clinton of
New York reacts to seeing and old friend during a
campaign stop at the National Education Association
New Hampshire, in Concord, N.H., Friday, March 30, 2007.
(AP Photo/Jim Cole)
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 09:03 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

www.fairtax.org

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 09:12 PM
GM

Let's see she did her southern accent in Selma Alabama.

She has bored the people to death like she always does.

I have watched her more than once and the people she is talking to have very little reaction to what she is saying at all.

It appears to me that she just goes through the motions whenever she speaks.

She is going to need some resistance before next year.

She is absolutely brilliant at answering questions that people in grade school could ask tougher questions that are more pertinent.

And her voice every once in a while give me that fingernails on the chalkboard feeling.

I am sure I will be giving more keen observations of Mrs. Clinton in the future.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 09:39 PM
GM

Has Hillary mentioned the vast right wing conspiracy yet?

I am sure she has some time this year.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 09:45 PM
GM

She barely beat Barack Obama in the money race by a mere one million dollars in the first quarter of 2007.

I can't wait until she is on my television everyday for nine straight years.

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 10:06 PM
GM

Clinton: Vast right wing conspiracy is back.

March 12, 2007

Hillary proof that is back is 2002 two republican operatives were jamming phones in New Hampshire. The two republican operatives plead guilty and another person closely related to the republican party also plead guilty.

Hillary vast wing consiparcy theory continues

Does this mean the vast right wing conspiracy was dormant for a while?

This is going to be so hard to keep up with.

Has anyone ever noticed that most of the time she speaks on the floor of the senate she looks like she was up way past Senator Kennedy's bedtime?

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 10:15 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpeter72 View Post
Clinton: Vast right wing conspiracy is back.
i suppose given the evidence that overwhelming supports the allegations proven both in court and substantiated through party resignations and admissions, she might as well harp on it. after all most of the deluded right has the mistaken impression that the current republican leadership stands for morality, integrity, and protection of our way of life.

education is the key to enlightenment. and clearly there are many (although not as many as in recent years) that truly need such education. so kudos to senator clinton and the many others who strive to provide the facts in a federal government that as of late has become overly shrouded in lies and deceit.
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 10:25 PM
3rd Round Draft Pick

Quote:
Has anyone ever noticed that most of the time she speaks on the floor of the senate she looks like she was up way past Senator Kennedy's bedtime?

www.fairtax.org

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 11:12 PM
Coach

Quote:
She barely beat Barack Obama in the money race by a mere one million dollars in the first quarter of 2007.
Money this early means little, or else we'd have Presiden Phil Gramm at some point. However the thing that would worry the Clinton camp more than the actual money Obama raise was the sheer number or donors he has compared to hers.

And you forgot the episode of South Park where terrorists put a WMD inside of Hill-dog's...umm the place Bill doesnt go to and no one realized it till Cartman did his Jack Bauer imitation

And now I fully expect someone to complain about how all some of us do around here is bash Hillary like what happens in other threads about other people

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 08:14 AM
GM

Who benefits more than Hillary when the story leaked out that some of Obama's ancestors had slaves?

Who would benefit more than Hillary if Obama had some campaign financing irregularities in his senate campaign?

I must point out this did not even phase Obama.

Come on Hillary you are going to have to dig a little deeper it seems.

Well hopefully for her sake people will not vote for Obama because he smokes.

Unread 12 Apr 2007, 08:27 AM
GM

Now onto why money is so important this early on. We are going to know who the nominees in the two parties are in early February of next year.

I don't know exactly when the primary in California is going to be next year but it will be much earlier than it has been in the past. This is just one example and many other states have moved up their primaries as well.

What is the main way candidates get their message out. It is from all of those annoying political ads on television and radio. And I don't think that television and radio for that matter is going to be giving totally free air time until it is mandated by the federal government.

Unread 14 Apr 2007, 03:48 PM
GM

Just remember this is the real Hillary.

Unread 19 Apr 2007, 08:41 PM
GM

Are Hillary's unfavorable rating higher than her favorable rating?

And I quote from the article and does not reflect the chart I am showing "What is immediately clear from the table is how broad-based the more negative views of Clinton are. Each group analyzed shows a decline in favorable ratings of Clinton compared with earlier this year. This includes groups that have generally very positive views of Clinton, such as Democrats, liberals, blacks, women, young adults, unmarried adults, and those living in low-income households -- as well as those who typically view Clinton negatively, like Republicans, conservatives, and frequent churchgoers.

Now I know the media has to cover the story of the killings at Virginia Tech and I don't really expect this to be on the nightly news of the "big three" anytime soon.

Link from galluppoll.com

Unread 26 Apr 2007, 09:55 PM
GM

Now we had a democrat presidential debate tonight with eight candidates.

Hillary did o.k. but does she really stand out amongst this crowd of candidates.

One thing that just stood out at me before I had to calm down my blood pressure was how much she sounded like a democrat.

I hope that does not shock anyone.

Let's see if anyone has heard anything new.

Bush sucks.

We need more health care for those whatever the number is for today that are not insured.
I have a question about this. Where were the democrats in 1993 and 1994?

The rest of the world does not like us.

Boy did she dodge that question on how hedge funds make America better.

Can we really talk about Hillary and not talk about Barack.

These two have totally different styles on how they are trying to convince people to vote for them.

Hillary must say what a typical democrat would say. Now Barack at times also does this but he can also think "outside of the democrats programmed box" also. This to me seems to be the difference between the to.

Hillary did not do a horrible job in what I saw but she needs to do lot better in the future in my opinion.

And no none of the candidates actually said Bush sucks but they were all probably thinking it.

Unread 27 Apr 2007, 08:24 AM
GM

How could I forget Bush is a liar about why he went to Iraq in the first place?

I am still trying figure out why Mrs. Clinton looked very uncomfortable when asked about hedge funds?