Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 30 Jul 2010, 10:47 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf
Default $50 mil guaranteed

.....gawd the NFL needs a rookie salary cap.......BAD

Further evidence...look how quickly the guaranteed money drops...

#1- $50mil
#8- $23mil
#24- $8.5mil
#52- $1.9mil

How much more could teams do with veterans if they weren't handicapped by SOOOOO much money having to go to high draft picks?

This also has an effect on how teams GETTING the high draft picks are actually handicapped in building a team compared to those who, at least, maintain a middle of the pack record.......I mean, if you look at a lot of the teams who've had top 5 picks in recent years...how many of them CONTINUE to end up with records 'earning' them yet another top pick....and another large guaranteed contract. Miss just ONCE on a pick (ala Oakland and Russell) and it costs you for at LEAST 2-3 years....

Don't piss off old people- the older we get, the less life in prison is a deterrent.
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well crap, that didn't work'.
Of all the things I've lost over the years, I think I miss my metabolism most of all.
Nachos are just tacos that don't have their s_it together.
I'm not adding this year to my age because I really didn't use it.
Ever notice that extra fries and exercise sound a lot alike?
Unread 30 Jul 2010, 11:18 PM
742 Evergreen Terrace

man I wish I played football (if I weighed a 100+ pounds more!)
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 11:31 AM
Hall of Famer

He got a ton of money, but at least he signed "early" and has the right attitude.

Redskins’ No. 4 pick Trent Williams gets 6-yr deal

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—Trent Williams never got to sleep Thursday night as he waited to hear from his agent. The No. 4 overall pick in the draft had already missed one day of Washington Redskins training camp and wanted to be a holdout no longer.

At 4:30 a.m. Friday, the call came. Williams would get a six-year, $60 million contract that includes $36.75 million in guaranteed money. The team’s new starting left tackle needed to be at Redskins Park by 6 a.m. to sign the deal and suit up for the 8:30 a.m. practice.

By the team the 2 1/2 -hour workout was done, Williams was running purely on adrenaline.

“I’m going to try to get me a nice little nap here in a couple of minutes,” he said.

Williams became the first top-five draft pick to report to camp in a year in which first-rounders have been especially slow to sign. He was determined to have a deal done quickly, even changing agents at one point because he wanted a representative who would get him to camp on time—or close to it.

If I’m going to be plugged in at a key position, I can’t be out too many days,” Williams said. “This is a new offense, and we need chemistry.”
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 04:12 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldzppln View Post
He got a ton of money, but at least he signed "early" and has the right attitude.
there's something you don't see every day. an athlete that understands he's not perfect and not bigger than the team. was starting to wonder if they still existed......

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 31 Jul 2010, 05:04 PM
GM

Let's look at the Raiders, Lions, and Rams top draft picks since 2007.

Raiders 2007 #1 pick
Raiders 2008 #4 pick
Raiders 2009 #7 pick
Raiders 2010 #8 pick

Lions 2007 #2 pick
Lions 2008 #17 pick
Lions 2009 #1 pick
Lions 2010 #2 pick

Rams 2007 #13 pick
Rams 2008 #2 pick
Rams 2009 #2 pick
Rams 2010 #1 pick

So the Raiders in the last four drafts have had all top eight picks.

Three out of the last four drafts the Lions have either had the first or second pick in the draft.

The last three drafts the Rams have either had the first or second pick in the draft.

On Sat. October 8, 2005 at 8:15 CDT Sidney scores his first goal on the power play with 1:28 left in the second period!

On Friday June 12, 2009 at 9:46 CDT the Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby hoists the Stanley Cup for the first time!

If at first you don't succeed try try again. In other words keep trying P!

Super Special Sensational Sweetheart.
Unread 01 Aug 2010, 05:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Mathews gets $25M deal from Chargers

SAN DIEGO (AP)—Running back Ryan Mathews signed a five-year, $25.65 million contract with the San Diego Chargers on Sunday, with just more than $15 million in guaranteed money.

The heir apparent to LaDainian Tomlinson, Mathews was expected to be at Sunday’s late-afternoon practice. He missed seven practices, including three for rookies and selected veterans last week.

San Diego moved up 16 spots in the draft to take Mathews with the 12th pick overall. He’ll replace Tomlinson, the 2006 NFL MVP who was released in the offseason and then signed with the New York Jets.