Home
Portfolio
Market
Market2
Leaders
Pick'em
Messenger
Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > NEW MEMBERS START HERE > Welcome New Members! > Got Questions?
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Got Questions? Feel free to ask them here

Unread 09 Aug 2007, 11:21 AM
Prospect

Default Pick 10 How does it work??

Hey Orren. This forum needs something like a question. So since I have been gone for a while, I would like to know how Pick 10 works since I don't seem to find instructions for it anywhere. If there is something, can you point me to it.

I would be interested to know about the Delta money and what that is.

JT
Unread 09 Aug 2007, 10:03 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

What is Pick 10 and how does it work you ask?

Well, we do have some information here for you, but I'd be more than happy to answer you here as well.

Pick 10 was created to give people a competition here that utilizes the concept of our main stock game, but makes it easier for people to compete without having to be online while games are being played. Pick 10 is, in effect, a 'no moo' competition in that it doesn't matter if you make your picks at 8pm tonight or 8am tomorrow, your score is strictly based on the picks you make...and, as long as you make them before divi time at 9am, your score will be the same.

You simply pick (you're not actually buying stocks in Pick 10) the 10 stocks you feel will receive the largest dividends..and you can make those picks anytime you want from divi time today thru divi time tomorrow- heck you can even let your picks 'ride' if you choose. Your score will be based on what those 10 stocks actually receive. If a stock you pick earns a 10% dividend, we multiply that amount times a multiplier (currently $1,000) to give you $10,000 for that pick. Your 10 picks totalled together equals what we call your delta (gain) for the day. For example, if your 10 picks each received a 10% dividend, your day's delta would be $100,000.

Going a bit further, in the regular stock game, it is a well known fact that if you miss the first day or just have a bad first day, your chances of winning are significantly damaged. Why? Because every dollar earned compounds itself as the month goes on. That's not true with Pick 10. If I have a bad first day and you earn $20,000 more than I do, I can realistically overcome that deficit literally in one day. In the main game, if I fall $20,000 behind you, you've got $20,000 more to invest tomorrow so whatever gain you make on those extra dollars continues to work against me day after day. I'm not sure I explained that part very well, but hopefully you get the drift.

As the FAQ mentions, too....we plan a 2nd version of this for those who want to view this more like Pick'em..where you make your picks before games are even played. That version will be called PrePick 10. There would even be other versions we could consider as time goes on- like weekly competitions, etc.