Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Game Related > Jockstocks Today
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jockstocks Today Currently pertinent Game/Sports related topics

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 07:48 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork
Default Congrats NY

and now we get to see january football the way it was meant to be played outside in the cold!!!!

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 07:52 PM
Antagonist.

Was it not cold in Green Bay yesterday?
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 07:54 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadduff View Post
Was it not cold in Green Bay yesterday?
well yeah and i'm sure it will be in NE next week but it wouldn't have been if the NFC championship game would have been in dallas but thankfully it won't be so now we have real winter ball up until the superbowl

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 08:51 PM

Mvp = Strmi
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 08:54 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hork View Post
well yeah and i'm sure it will be in NE next week but it wouldn't have been if the NFC championship game would have been in dallas but thankfully it won't be so now we have real winter ball up until the superbowl
From WHDH TV in Boston.
Never too early to talk AFC Championship weather....looks bitter. Temps for the 3pm kick on Sunday will be near 15°
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 09:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Looks like a rematch of GB and NE. Maybe the biggest blowout ever. NE will roll with no INDY or Dallas in their way. Giants somehow held Dallas to 17 points. Seemed like they didn't care. All the smiles after drop. Crayton looked as if he were paid off. Romo might need to put his love-life on hold next time. All around disappointment. Since August....now this. Guts are just full of anguish.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 09:09 PM

they didn't care....someone looks like he was paid off.....gints somehow held the girls to 17 pts......and they have no chance to beat GB.......right?

noone ever accused you of being a brain surgeon eh?(rememebr using that one on me?)

it might have been because the Gints imposed their will on dallas...outplayed them....etc

The Giants, in the last 3 weeks, have been playing as good as anyone and I certainly believe they have a chance to beat GB.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 09:16 PM
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzElvis View Post
Looks like a rematch of GB and NE. Maybe the biggest blowout ever. NE will roll with no INDY or Dallas in their way. Giants somehow held Dallas to 17 points. Seemed like they didn't care. All the smiles after drop. Crayton looked as if he were paid off. Romo might need to put his love-life on hold next time. All around disappointment. Since August....now this. Guts are just full of anguish.
truth is dallas was spanked. they were outplayed, outcoached, and all around outperformed. there's nothing more to say.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:12 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
Temps for the 3pm kick on Sunday will be near 15°
If they are lucky. From my honest educated meteorlogical opinion, temps may struggle to rise into the single digits from a morning low below zero. Right now the long range model gives GRB a morning low of -4 with a high on Sunday at 12. And the long range numerical guidance usually underestimates the cold air.

Yikes!
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:23 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJr View Post
If they are lucky. From my honest educated meteorlogical opinion, temps may struggle to rise into the single digits from a morning low below zero. Right now the long range model gives GRB a morning low of -4 with a high on Sunday at 12. And the long range numerical guidance usually underestimates the cold air.

Yikes!
I think you're off by a day. Saturday night/Sunday AM is not supposed to be that cold. http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getbufr.ph...t&field=2meter
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:26 PM
GM

Quote:

Yikes!
the bigger and more important question is whether or not there will be any precipitation.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:26 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
I think you're off by a day. Saturday night/Sunday AM is not supposed to be that cold. http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getbufr.ph...t&field=2meter
sorry...i was confusled. I was referring to Green Bay and not Boston.

Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:27 PM
Jock$tocks Meteorologist

Quote:
the bigger and more important question is whether or not there will be any precipitation.
could be some snow in GB along with wind gusts to 20 mph and temps in the single digits.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:31 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
sorry...i was confusled. I was referring to Green Bay and not Boston.

No need to bang your head against the wall. That's Orrens' job.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 10:32 PM
Antagonist.

Quote:
Here is the precipitation prediction model for Green Bay http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getbufr.ph...ent&field=prec