Oasis

Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Other Sports
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Other Sports Talk about sports not covered by our other forums

Unread 25 Jun 2007, 08:01 PM
Coach

Default Chris Benoit is dead

Along with his wife and 7 year old son

I havent followed wrestling for a few years, but he was one of my favorites going back to his days at ECW, through WCW, and when he was WWE champion.

Quinn: It was, kind of...what's that thing, when things turn funny? Moronic?
Jane: I think you mean ironic
Daria: She was right the first time
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 08:31 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

news around here today hasn't revealed any details other than he, his wife, and their little son were all found dead in their apartment. investigation is still on going.

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 08:38 PM
GM

Send a message via Yahoo to hork

here's a link from the AJC

Widespread intellectual and moral docility may be convenient for leaders in the short term, but it is suicidal for nations in the long term. One of the criteria for national leadership should therefore be a talent for understanding, encouraging, and making constructive use of vigorous criticism. - Carl Sagan
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 08:39 PM

Monday Night Raw has dedicated this episode to Benoit...some of his greatest moments in WWE.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 09:40 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Default Chris Benoit Found Dead

Written: June 25, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayette County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to StockTrader Send a message via Yahoo to StockTrader

I moved it down here ..

Nick
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 10:31 PM
2nd Round Draft Pick

I was told that on Fox News they said this is being treated as a homicide.
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 10:35 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbhub View Post
I was told that on Fox News they said this is being treated as a homicide.
Not that I trust FNC, but thats very plausible.

I was checking out some of the haunts I used to frequent in the IWC, and what I was reading there was that Benoit skipped last night's pay per view where he was supposed to be in a title bout to be with his family, who were reportedly vomiting up blood on Friday.

Unread 26 Jun 2007, 12:34 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

The AP is reporting that it was NOT a homicide but a double murder/suicide. The bum killed his family and then killed himself. It appears the wife and kid were killed late Saturday or on Sunday and he had only been dead sometime on Monday. I hope that it isn't true, but that is the latest I read.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 01:21 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

There wasn't anything in any of the articles about how they were killed.Not even anything about blood.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 03:26 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

The 7 year old was found dead in his bedroom. Died Saturday.

The wife was found in the living room. Died Sunday.

He was found in the weight room. Died Monday.

Still no mention of the way anyone died. I have a feeling it was poison or something along those lines. WWE says that when details are given, it will make everyone wonder what was going on. Sounds strange!
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 05:10 AM
Hall of Famer

I was worried about this and thought it was horrible to give the guy any kind of tribute until results came out. Could you imagine the NFL giving a OJ Tribute or well I think you get what I am saying. I think it is sad tragic and if it was really murders committed day after day it is beyond horrific. What the wife must have lived thru for 1 more day. My prayers are with the wife and child, I will wait on my prayers for him.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 09:53 AM
2nd Round Draft Pick

Wrestler Benoit Found Dead With Family
Tuesday June 26, 8:54 am ET
By Debbie Newby, Associated Press Writer
Authorities Await Autopsies in Deaths of Wrestler Chris Benoit, Wife, 7-Year-Old Son

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
ADVERTISEMENT

Details of the deaths "are going to prove a little bizarre" when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit, (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope told WSB-TV that the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he wouldn't release other details.

Stamford, Conn.-based WWE also said on its Web site it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths of Benoit, 40; his wife, Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 01:46 PM
Got Xbox One?

Hey,

From CNN

ATLANTA (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
Unread 26 Jun 2007, 05:25 PM
Coach

When I first heard it, that was my first thought BD but one always hopes thats never the case. The wrestling sheets, who once upon a time were pretty good at picking up these kind of stories way ahead of the curve but that was before Vince bought up most of wrestling and sealed up alot of the leaks to those guys, got it wrong as to what happened I guess.