Go Back   Jockstocks Forums > Sports Related > Golf
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Golf FORE!

Unread 06 Mar 2008, 03:36 PM
Retired Jock$tocks Vet

Send a message via AIM to ocho cinco Send a message via Yahoo to ocho cinco
Default Shootin' like a pro...

Quote:
Tripp Isenhour has been charged with two misdemeanors after striking and killing a red-shouldered hawk, which was disrupting filming of "Shoot Like a Pro" at Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando on December 12.

"I didn't think I would hit it," Isenhour yelled after the migratory bird fell 30 feet from its perch. In fact, he had tried several times to shoo it away. Isenhour is also facing a maximum $10,000 fine for the fatal blow. The result begs the question of what his intention really was since the bird wasn't acquiescing after the warning shots.
Wow.. what a asshat.... But wow... What a shot....

Save Bandwidth... think more... type less.

2007, 2008 & 2009 Cincinnati Reds Slogan: "It's obvious we aren't using steroids."

a taxpayer voting for obama is like a chicken voting for KFC

Brought Sexy Back
Unread 06 Mar 2008, 08:42 PM
GO STEELERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cinco View Post
Wow.. what a asshat.... But wow... What a shot....
I agree, but he was allegedly aiming for the bird. Claiming "I'll get him now," and aimed for the bird. Which just so happens to be an endangered species.

Unread 06 Mar 2008, 08:43 PM
GO STEELERS!

I guess that's what you'd call a "birdie" right?
Unread 07 Mar 2008, 07:27 AM

The guy's an idiot. I'm not so sure that there were not a bunch of idiots on the crew that was present filming a TV segment with him either. There HAD to be at least 10-12 + people there and noone could stop him? Noone could say something?The guy's BARELY a journeyman pro...his claim to success is 2 wins on the nationwide tour. It's not as though the crew should have been afraid of pissing HIM off.
My mom didn't raise no dummy, if she did it would be my sister
I told my wife to embrace her faults......she hugged me
I took a DNA test- God is my father
When I ask if you want me to be honest, please say no
Unread 07 Mar 2008, 07:03 PM
JSAdmin

Send a message via Skype™ to SiteWolf

I didn't think I would hit it, he says as he takes his 15th shot at trying to....

not sure what an asshat is...but it prolly has 'Tripp's' picture by it in the dictionary.....

a guy at work said 'he probably didn't know it was endangered'......to which I responded 'so?'

'I'm an animal lover'

right...that's why you aimed a solid ball hit at 100+ mph at a bird....
Unread 08 Mar 2008, 08:58 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Golf/News/...940421-ap.html
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)
Unread 09 Mar 2008, 10:29 AM
Keep Calm Chive On

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
not sure what an asshat is.......
I didn't know either...

from 'Tim's weblog':

http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=341

Asshat is a slightly more trendy and less severe variation of -------, graphically describing someone who has his "head up his ---" (i.e., not knowing what's going on), or a variation of "butthead." In the former sense, it is suggested that one is wearing one's --- for a hat, or alternately, a hat for one's --- (Some people view it as that from the waist up, you are a hat for your own ---).

A more modern usage of asshat describes a person doing something stupid, and can apply to anyone: "The boss is up to asshattery because he broke the computer even though he knew he was doing the wrong thing." This meaning was popularized by Something Awful character Jeff K.

related colloquial terms:

R-CIS, or Recto-Cranial Inversion Syndrome, is a common syndrome which can strike all people of all nationalities. This syndrome is characterized by the abnormal proximity of the cranial cavity to the terminal part of the intestine. The resulting inversion adversely affects the following senses: sight, hearing, smell, and taste, as sensory input is severely limited. Once past the initial stages, verbal output is no longer connected to sensory input. The resulting abnormality is quite evident as rectocephalic disfigurement of varying degrees. The severity of such disfigurement is directly proportional to the duration of the syndrome, while frequency of attacks is statistically significant

and

The derogatory slang term 'assclown,' according to Wikipedia, refers "to a person of irritating or dubious character." 'Assclown' has as its source the classic 1999 Mike Judge film Office Space, wherein the character Michael Bolton (David Herman) insults his namesake. Check out the following classic exchange between Bolton and his colleague Samir (Ajay Naidu) from the Office Space script:

MICHAEL: At least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

SAMIR: Michael, there's nothing wrong with that name.

MICHAEL: There was nothing wrong with it. Until I was about nine years old and that no-talent assclown became famous and started winning Grammys.

SAMIR: Well, why don't just go by Mike, instead of Michael?

MICHAEL: WHY SHOULD I CHANGE IT? HE'S THE ONE WHO SUCKS.
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." (Albert Einstein)